Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:10:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story of Bob Surplus  (Read 54950 times)
woogod

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:45:52 AM

Just finished the story,
Definitely a must read for crypto newbies hehe

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

He's still pumping

On Twitter

https://twitter.com/EMC2Whale

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Skrodk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:07:22 AM

He's still pumping

On Twitter

https://twitter.com/EMC2Whale

Is that really him?
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:53:45 PM

Yes

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:11:47 AM

Well, that makes it east to tell what scams to stay away from then. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:56:45 AM

Well he is right about the Tether scam. It's a huge fraud that will rock crypto when it comes crashing down.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:30:30 AM

Well he is right about the Tether scam. It's a huge fraud that will rock crypto when it comes crashing down.

That has been well known for quite awhile, if you search my post history you will find warnings from when polo first listed it. When did he notice it? It's pretty well known around the interwebs that it is backed by nothing. It's the hot potato token when the music stops we will se who gets burned. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

That has been well known for quite awhile, if you search my post history you will find warnings from when polo first listed it. When did he notice it? It's pretty well known around the interwebs that it is backed by nothing. It's the hot potato token when the music stops we will se who gets burned. Cheesy

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:41:35 PM

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

What a retarded post. I usually don't answer moronic shit like this but I I read it because I haven't had my coffee yet.

Why don't you ask some n00b to ELI5 it for you.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:47:37 PM

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

What a retarded post. I usually don't answer moronic shit like this but I I read it because I haven't had my coffee yet.

Why don't you ask some n00b to ELI5 it for you.

Based on your vernacular, you’re obviously an intelligent and sophisticated person. So, why don’t you enlighten us by regaling us with your views on what Bitcoin is backed by then?

Oh, please try to answer with more than just parroting back the scarcity argument. That argument is a myth for anything that can be created on a computer because anything that’s coded can be changed at any point by a nefarious actor.

YClipse

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:40:17 AM

A legend
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:43:02 AM

after reading the wolong doge game manifesto, i have to tell that i loved this article here.
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:47:02 AM

what a story  Cheesy im enjoy that.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:08:50 AM

Based on your vernacular, you’re obviously an intelligent and sophisticated person. So, why don’t you enlighten us by regaling us with your views on what Bitcoin is backed by then?

It took me awhile to figure out that you just enjoy trolling as I don't frequent the sections you post in but I will answer your questions.

BTC is backed by the work it to to create it, it is (practically) impossible to create more of it without putting more work into it than you could recover therefore making it a excellent store of value.

Oh, please try to answer with more than just parroting back the scarcity argument. That argument is a myth for anything that can be created on a computer because anything that’s coded can be changed at any point by a nefarious actor.

There is no way your random mystical nefarious actor can change the blockchain, it would take a state actor like china and I have been warning about that for quite some time. People forget that china is a totalitarian society that sets what it's own currency is worth and they can take possession of all that equipment in one fell swoop. But I cannot see where this would be advantageous to them currently but anything can happen in a dictatorship.

BTW I am not a btc maximalist and believe crypto should free mankind not the opposite and open blockchain tech has the ability to do just that. Hence my XMR support.

I am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypherpunk

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:34:55 AM

It is backed by nothing?  What exactly do you think Bitcoin is backed by then?  All it will take for the “music to stop” on Bitcoin is one major event (coding problem, multi govt action, whale dump and price crash, et cetera)

I am sorry, but I cannot help it. I have to interject and join the discussion hehe.

Yes bitcoin is not backed by anything, but surely you cannot justify that Tether's unbackedness is the same as bitcoin's. From the distribution of the coins, the monetary policy and to the structure of the network, you know bitcoin does it in a way that prevents any participant in the network from becoming a central authority.

On the otherside, there are rumors that Tether printed another $94 million worth of USDT.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:41:08 AM

I am sorry, but I cannot help it. I have to interject and join the discussion hehe.

Yes bitcoin is not backed by anything, but surely you cannot justify that Tether's unbackedness is the same as bitcoin's. From the distribution of the coins, the monetary policy and to the structure of the network, you know bitcoin does it in a way that prevents any participant in the network from becoming a central authority.

On the otherside, there are rumors that Tether printed another $94 million worth of USDT.

You’re right of course, no crypto is backed by anything. People have simply replaced trusting a government fiat issuing authority wth trusting a collection of unknown coders and half-assed community oversight. A perfect example of the half-assed oversight is the respected an revered Roger Ver visiting MtGox and telling everyone how great things are going right before Karpeles loses 500k community bitcoins.

I agree, Tether is worse.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:29:48 AM

You’re right of course, no crypto is backed by anything. People have simply replaced trusting a government fiat issuing authority wth trusting a collection of unknown coders and half-assed community oversight. A perfect example of the half-assed oversight is the respected an revered Roger Ver visiting MtGox and telling everyone how great things are going right before Karpeles loses 500k community bitcoins.

I agree, Tether is worse.

If this is really what you believe then I am sorry for you.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:37:12 AM

Great and unique writing voice!

If I weren't staying sober I would tentatively ask what you were on.  Reminds me of my stay up all night writing days.  Tongue

No but seriously, good stuff.  Keep writing!

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:42:14 AM

This is a fantastic story. Can you please allow me to use your story in a short movie related in crypto currencies?
we will use some parts and shoot a nice short movie to warn newbies.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:49:31 AM

@QuestionAuthority. That is your opinion. But what do you reckon the bitcoin developers and the community do to make the system of governance better, and how do you expect them to achieve it?

In any case, if you really reckon that bitcoin is hopeless, then what cryptocoin would you suggest as a better alternative?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███