Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:37:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need someone in Mexico to purchase something for me  (Read 1447 times)
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 12:52:10 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 09:41:03 PM by grue

Need someone in Mexico to purchase something for me. You will need a valid Mexican credit card. I will pay you in either mtgox USD or BTC. It's something from an online store. I need someone from mexico because they enforce regional pricing through credit card address checks.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 01:32:20 AM

I can buy some premium coca cola for you across the boarder  Cheesy
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 05:37:22 AM

Need someone in Mexico to purchase something for me. You will need a valid Mexican credit card.

Tongue

This will not end well.

*subscription=1*

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:48:08 AM

I'm curious. 

Assuming this isn't a lame attempt at scamming someone on this forum from Mexico, which to me seems like a silly thing to attempt here, what product could be bought by a Mexican national with a Mexican credit card that couldn't just as easily be ordered by an American using an American credit card?  Now, I understand that this is a bitcoin forum and most people want to help spur the economy, but if you are paying someone in Mexico to use a credit card then, logically speaking, you will be paying for a credit fee anyway; so why not skip the trouble and additional risks and just buy it yourself with your own credit card (or a prepaid Visa from Wal-mart, if your credit already sucks)?  What is this item?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:49:59 AM

I can get a four dollar Coke Classic in a 16 ounce glass bottle, made with real sugar, from the Mexican grocery store five blocks from my house.  The real question then becomes, can you get them to me cheaper?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:09:48 AM

+1

LOL

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 01:32:40 AM

yay please

grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:44:12 PM

I'm curious.  

Assuming this isn't a lame attempt at scamming someone on this forum from Mexico, which to me seems like a silly thing to attempt here, what product could be bought by a Mexican national with a Mexican credit card that couldn't just as easily be ordered by an American using an American credit card?  Now, I understand that this is a bitcoin forum and most people want to help spur the economy, but if you are paying someone in Mexico to use a credit card then, logically speaking, you will be paying for a credit fee anyway; so why not skip the trouble and additional risks and just buy it yourself with your own credit card (or a prepaid Visa from Wal-mart, if your credit already sucks)?  What is this item?
reason is simple, items on http://store.origin.com/ are cheaper in mexico (region pricing ftw). They obviously can't just let anyone to get the discounted price, so they verify that the billing information is mexican, hence why I need someone in mexico.

grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:14:41 PM

bump?

berniemadoff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:18:25 PM

pm me if you like. I'm not from mexico, but I have a Debit Card for my mexican bank account(dont ask me why I have an account in mexico, I guess you know why).

The card is registered to a PO box in Tijuana, so in theory it should work.
Shotgun_WooWoo

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:26:46 PM

Dude, you should just take a vacation to Mexico.  It's the perfect time of the year and all.  They have some cool stuff to do down their as well. so I've heard.

grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:35:46 PM

Dude, you should just take a vacation to Mexico.  It's the perfect time of the year and all.  They have some cool stuff to do down their as well. so I've heard.
Nah, it's for an online purchase. I need a mexican billing address to get regional discounts.

predic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 12:53:05 PM

the most important thing, you did not explain how much you pay for what you need and how much is worth order/product.
I saw somehwere someone offer forwarding packages from mexico, so, I can try to find it for you if it is worth.

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
grue (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 09:41:13 PM

the most important thing, you did not explain how much you pay for what you need and how much is worth order/product.
I saw somehwere someone offer forwarding packages from mexico, so, I can try to find it for you if it is worth.
updated main post

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: