Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinFunding.com Seeking Beta Testers  (Read 1755 times)
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 01:51:39 AM

http://bitcoinfunding.com/ is seeking beta testers to test our kickstarter clone for bitcoin! 

Please help us test the website by creating an account, trying the features, starting a project, and ask any questions you have. 

We would like to know about bugs, suggestions for improvement, and anything else you have in mind. 

We don't suggest you deposit larger amounts of funds (.10btc or more) until we are done with the beta test.

Please note that Projects are manually reviewed before being posted on the site and that the preliminary guidelines can be found at http://bitcoinfunding.com/help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:55:12 AM

When you get the confirmation email there is a period at the end of the confirmation link nullifying the link.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 01:59:47 AM

When you get the confirmation email there is a period at the end of the confirmation link nullifying the link.

Can you please PM me the text?
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:09:21 AM

That should be fixed now.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:10:19 AM

Can you please PM me the text?

Done.

And the link "Upload photo" in the "My account" section is twice the actual button's length. It doesn't seem to work in Chrome either.

Edit: Actually it just takes a while to open for some reason.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:16:40 AM

Also, the 5% fee is really steep.

BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:26:00 AM

Also, the 5% fee is really steep.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/eww.JPG

Not really.  It's the same amount kickstarter charges for their service.  No signup fees or paypal tax.  You pay for the service and our ability to manage support and grow the user base.  The fee will be reduced for a time period when the site is actually launched.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:28:13 AM

I'd remove the little facebook box about the fundraising script.

I also created a project, I don't know if it went through... Might be nice if there was a pending project list.

Thanks,
-Jon

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:38:03 AM

I also created a project, I don't know if it went through... Might be nice if there was a pending project list.

Thanks,
-Jon

Projects are approved manually and I don't see your project in the pending project list, please try it again. 
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:40:07 AM

http://bitcoinfunding.com/projects/active-shooters-las-vegas1/267

who's in?

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:46:05 AM

Thanks,
-Jon

Projects are approved manually and I don't see your project in the pending project list, please try it again.  
Just posted it!

http://bitcoinfunding.com/projects/new-bitcoin-logo1/266

Coinabul

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:49:59 AM

Thanks,
-Jon

Just posted it!

http://bitcoinfunding.com/projects/new-bitcoin-logo1/266

I feel like you shouldn't resize photos. Just scale them to fit the box.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 02:51:19 AM

Pick me! http://bitcoinfunding.com/projects/send-me-to-pilots-school1/268

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:19:31 AM

In the spirit of beta/user testing... please for the love of all that is normal and legible in the universe... change the color scheme on the T&C page. Seriously, I think 12 Japanese kids just went into epileptic seizures looking at that graphic disaster.

Light orange text, set on a medium blue background with black hashing lines through it? That is just so wrong on so many levels. Please, please, please find a new scheme or revise this one massively. It does not go with the rest of the site, which is clean and mostly legible, it hurts the eyes, and is so hard to read that you would never be able to enforce the T&C because nobody, but nobody will ever be able to read the damn things.

And don't ever, ever use that combination again. Ever.
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 03:57:44 AM

Updates: Fixed the terms page, removed FB login (no intention to use this at this time), and forced the site to load in SSL.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:58:05 AM

OK first off the text describing what the fund could be used for is way too small, also this is BTC funding why are you using dollars, come on! ALSOOOOOOOOO THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME MAD, IF I WANT TO DONATE TO A FUND WHY MUST I SIGN UP, I SHOULD GET A UNQUIE BITCOIN ADDRESS TO DONATE TOO AND BE DONE, I DON"T WANT TO SIGN UP, BITCOIN IS ANONYMOUS THIS IS KILLING THAT VALUE!
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 02:22:53 AM

I am sorry but I think you have been misinformed that bitcoin is anonymous.  I explored that model of straight donation fundraising prior to designing the service and I do not believe it is in the best interests of the content creators and angels donating to a cause.  You are happy to disagree with me but I base my business model on Kickstarter due to the huge success they have had.

I would like to have people try depositing small amounts of btc and give to a project.  Please let me know how your experience goes, now that we have fixed these initial requests I am confidant in launching the site for real soon.

Thanks!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:47:16 AM

I am sorry but I think you have been misinformed that bitcoin is anonymous.  I explored that model of straight donation fundraising prior to designing the service and I do not believe it is in the best interests of the content creators and angels donating to a cause.  You are happy to disagree with me but I base my business model on Kickstarter due to the huge success they have had.!
I have not been misinformed it is more anonymous then a twitter login or creating a user account that is linked to a bitcoin address. Also it is so sad that all you did was take existing site, clone it (Not even designed that great), and just add bitcoins to the name and currency. You didn't even look at the flaws or how to make the idea better that is truly sad. This could have been a great idea but again it is a failure clone, that doesn't look at the core values of what make bitcoins a great system, and ignores them, just to be a greedy.
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 02:56:01 AM

I'm sorry but I do not understand what your problem is.  Have you tested the site?  Does everything work as expected? If not I would like to hear about it, if you don't want to help that's fine too. Thanks!
BitcoinFunding.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 03:19:05 AM

I'm sorry but I do not understand what your problem is.  Have you tested the site?  Does everything work as expected? If not I would like to hear about it, if you don't want to help that's fine too. Thanks!

How can I test it if I don't want to create an account and don't have a twitter to login? That is beautiful thing about bitcoins all you need is a deposit address and your money is there, no one knows who you are, but your clearly didn't explore that side of the process. You just throw a site together, and you legit threw it together cause you did no security checks Wink

That's fine, you don't have to.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: