Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Victim Reward Notices  (Read 2777 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:44:47 PM

If I bought a stolen car... I am not sure I get to keep it if they caught the seller and traced the car to my garage.
That's a good question!  Does the current justice system make everyone down the line of buyers of that stolen car into a victim of the theft?

Yes in most countries that is the case.  If you knowingly purchase stolen goods that is a felony in and of itself but even if you unknowingly purchase stolen goods the goods will be returned to the original owner if he can prove ownership.

Yeah, but with bitcoins its hard to proove to know/not know origin of coins and were they stolen or not. Anyone can put coins in mixer and sell them as they please.
If anything gets assaulted from side of law, it will be exaclty those mixers and alike services, and with every right

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitbets

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:03:36 AM

that taint might be used to block legitimate owners of bitcoins from spending the bitcoins?
people who paid for or mined bitcoins, not able to spend the bitcoins, and accused of being thiefs?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
dscotese (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:34:08 AM

that taint might be used to block legitimate owners of bitcoins from spending the bitcoins?
people who paid for or mined bitcoins, not able to spend the bitcoins, and accused of being thiefs?
Yes.

Cars might be used to run over innocent living humans, or pets even.  Shall we stop driving?

Big difference, however:  Only one driver is required to use a car for bad purposes.  In order to really block tainted bitcoin from being spent, ALL the miners (including the person trying to spend the coin) would have to block it.  The stop-thieves-using-taint strategy only works when a significant portion of the miners (or folks who accept bitcoin) decide to employ it.

I'm going to keep driving, because I drive safely.  And I'm going to keep an eye out for bitcoin from the known heists, but I won't do much about it without doing some due diligence first.  You're welcome to be sloppy with it - the bitcoin, that is, because your errors will likely be quickly corrected.  But with your car, please drive safely!

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: