Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difference between government instituted currencies and Bitcoin is huge.  (Read 5067 times)
ridgemont4 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:22:47 AM

When you have a problem with your US Dollar, SOMEONE is responsible.
When you have a problem with your Bitcoin, NO ONE is responsible.

"Ok" you say. "What's your point?".. **WHOA**

To think I would make a thread without a point.. to troll.. to draw attention toward myself... Is that goal merely all I sought in sharing this opinion?

NOPE.

This is a HUGE observation.

BITCOIN is a currency that has NO CENTRAL AUTHORITY. This you might know, as most do, but do you know really what this implies and how this is NOT to your benefit?

Now you can respond and say I'm crazy, or you can actually think it through. Is this really better?

If government and people were ONE... the US dollar would be perfectly fine.. but BITCOIN being the solution? No I can't imagine that. I'm so sorry. You personally might be finding a use for it but that does not justify it on the level I am speaking.

Think about this: If the United States is failing, how is Bitcoin going to succeed? and why does the United States fail? because the people are failing. The very people you trust to manage their own Bitcoin based world. People will always be people! Bitcoin is no exception.

There *ALWAYS* need to be someone or something responsible for everything.. Bitcoin is chaos. The United States is Chaos. Why? Because people are Chaos and do not generally look for collective solutions unless a shallow inward incentive is sold to them. A shallow interpretation of freedom is that very incentive peddled upon the ignorant majority, employed/preached in every system doomed to fail.

I'm sorry Bitcoiners.. this is not going to work out logically for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:30:06 AM

Good job, you've identified a critical failure in Bitcoin that nobody has ever though of before.

Before the entire system collapses there's still time for you to send all your Bitcoins to the address in my signature line so they won't take you down with it.
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:32:47 AM

Good job, you've identified a critical failure in Bitcoin that nobody has ever though of before.

Before the entire system collapses there's still time for you to send all your Bitcoins to the address in my signature line so they won't take you down with it.

and likewise, good job to you, for being the first person to identify the power of mocking at the truth through a false founded sarcasm based on ignorant rhetoric.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:36:56 AM

When you have a problem with your Bitcoin, YOU are responsible.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:48:53 AM

I have a problem with my dollar. It's not worth as much as it was when I got it. Who is this SOMEONE who is responsible? Do they have a complaint hotline?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:05:54 AM

The only thing similar about Bitcoin that I've seen, is **special interests** manipulating its' perception. Censorship, for example. Inhibiting the thoughts deriving from those who are not convinced.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:35:55 AM

< snip >

There *ALWAYS* need to be someone or something responsible for everything.. Bitcoin is chaos. The United States is Chaos. Why? Because people are Chaos and do not generally look for collective solutions unless a shallow inward incentive is sold to them. A shallow interpretation of freedom is that very incentive peddled upon the ignorant majority, employed/preached in every system doomed to fail.

When you have a problem with the US Dollar, someone is responsible - but thanks to a corrupt system they'll pay a settlement fee and get back to ripping someone off.

When you have a problem with bitcoin, you probably didn't read something correctly, resulting in your losing your coins through your own incompetence. Much similar to losing your cash somewhere, except in this case a bearded idiot who has his thumb mashed on the 'print' button isn't ruining bitcoin -- just the dollar.

Bitcoin is chaos?

Chaos is blocks processed every 9 - 10 minutes? Chaos is a pre-determined supply? Chaos is $1.27 MILLION in estimated transaction volume on a dollar basis?

What color is the sky in your world, and if you can, tell us what the magical caterpillar said to you about bitcoin?

Are you completely insane?

And please note - if you had some rational, logical and procedural protest about bitcoin (protocol, etc..) I'd take you seriously. But what you wrote had the air of someone finishing a bender with their favorite hallucinogens.

I suggest you read more about what you are trying to comprehend.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:45:21 AM

< snip >

When you have a problem with the US Dollar, someone is responsible - but thanks to a corrupt system they'll pay a settlement fee and get back to ripping someone off.

When you have a problem with bitcoin, you probably didn't read something correctly, resulting in your losing your coins through your own incompetence. Much similar to losing your cash somewhere, except in this case a bearded idiot who has his thumb mashed on the 'print' button isn't ruining bitcoin -- just the dollar.

Bitcoin is chaos?

Chaos is blocks processed every 9 - 10 minutes? Chaos is a pre-determined supply? Chaos is $1.27 MILLION in estimated transaction volume on a dollar basis?

What color is the sky in your world, and if you can, tell us what the magical caterpillar said to you about bitcoin?

Are you completely insane?

And please note - if you had some rational, logical and procedural protest about bitcoin (protocol, etc..) I'd take you seriously. But what you wrote had the air of someone finishing a bender with their favorite hallucinogens.

I suggest you read more about what you are trying to comprehend.

I'm supposed to trust someone like you? Case in point..

Maybe you're the one hallucinating because everything you just wrote completely validates my sentiment.

In real life, not your Bitcoin world, there is a judicial system. Where is Bitcoins court? That's for starts..
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:12:03 AM

Nice try..  but to repair your flawed comparison, it'd need to be something more like:

When you have a problem with your US Dollar *in cash*, SOMEONE NO ONE is responsible.
..and to both of those you could add:
... unless you choose to utilize(or establish) a trusted intermediary

And that's charitably assuming you're not conflating macro problems with USD/Bitcoin vs an individual's problems with handling the stuff (but it rather seems you are).

Bitcoin can be reasonably considered a protocol or a 'base' upon which layers of protections can be built and optionally used.  
Just like the physical cash of the USD offers no direct protection and has a complex centralized electronic infrastructure which does in some circumstances offer merchant and/or consumer protections; if the Bitcoin system needs such protections to move into certain niches, then it seems likely the market will produce offerings on top of it to achieve that.

If you're talking about more macroscopic issues.. well the 'responsibility' is different for sure, but in some ways comparable.
Theoretically - you influence those who direct US Dollar policy through your vote...  and theoretically with bitcoin, the network's users/miners influence the various client/library developers (and thus which is the surviving blockchain) by 'voting with their feet' so to speak.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:08:29 AM

Bwahahaha Thanks for the nice laugh OP.   Roll Eyes

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:14:22 AM

Bwahahaha Thanks for the nice laugh OP.   Roll Eyes

Yeah I'm not very good at expressing my points.. Even I cringe at my own weak attempt to express a point. but does that really mean I don't have a point? It's like a retard trying to save your life.. Wtf is he saying?? Or a dog barking trying to tell you something.. Yeah I might just be a dog barking to you but really... that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Hence for that reason, I have decided before making this thread that I would make no effort to debate. Rather just post what I feel and move on. It's not like I'm changing anything or anyone really cares about what I have to say. That's human nature. No one cares. No one is worried. Everything is arbitrary. Why things work and why they don't work doesn't matter.. Each man for himself...
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:20:20 AM

http://www.judge.me/ is for arbitration between two people. The government would do well to learn arbitration rather than "ruling"

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:25:07 AM

Look, I'll be kind because it's morning, I just woke up 30min ago, am still in a good mood after stretching my body so I'll explain it to you.

Why you don't have a point has nothing to do with the way you presented your point but everything to do with the validity of your point. Your point is invalid. Now the reason you don't think so is simple too! You lack the appropriate market regulated by strictly market consumers (i.e. free market) economics literacy. In other words you are illiterate in free market economics. And that's all. You just haven't learned all the economic principles most people around here know to be true not because they think so but because they test these principles over and over and over again in their daily lives and they always turn up to be true.

Now it's pointless for me to go into detail explaining what these principles are if you don't recognize your illiteracy and aren't open to learning them. If that isn't the case however you can head on over to www.mises.org and start learning, they have an amazing collection of reading material available in large part for entierly free.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:30:09 AM

Look, I'll be kind because it's morning, I just woke up 30min ago, am still in a good mood after stretching my body so I'll explain it to you.

Why you don't have a point has nothing to do with the way you presented your point but everything to do with the validity of your point. Your point is invalid. Now the reason you don't think so is simple too! You lack the appropriate market regulated by strictly market consumers (i.e. free market) economics literacy. In other words you are illiterate in free market economics. And that's all there is. You just haven't learned all the economic principles most people around here know to be true not because they think so but because they test these principles over and over and over again in their daily lives and they always turn up to be true.

Now it's pointless for me to go into detail explaining what these principles are if you don't recognize your illiteracy and aren't open to learning them. If that isn't the case however you can head on over to www.mises.org and start learning, they have an amazing collection of reading material available in large part for completely free.

What material does an elephant need to learn to have the intellect to run away from shore hours BEFORE a Tsunami producing earthquake hits? See, I believe in intuition and other things. Hence I don't need to speak YOUR language to know what is true. Neither did those animals who ran from the coast hours before the earthquake. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/08/25/strange-behavior-detected-in-animals-before-earthquake/

Everything living has a need, and that is the root. I can know instinctively when there is no root in something. I don't need to know economic jargon or any principles, although it WOULD make me some more literate as you mentioned. It's not necessary, in order for me to know the truth. Now we can end it here or I will gladly continue. I've got nothing to lose. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I have NO point. If so then carry on in another direction. but when it comes to mocking me, belittling my sense of understanding, or censoring my opinions.. that's when it's confirmed within me that this is a failure.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:34:20 AM

that's a very corny analogy..

instincts vs nature is not equal to instincts vs  concepts that are completely unnatural(i.e., money and economics are very unatural, man made concepts)

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:36:56 AM

See I was right, there would have been no point explaining the principles. Unfortunately you can't even see the disadvantage of how limited in accuracy your intuition is.

Here's a hint. At one point people thought the Sun orbited the Earth just because they saw it rise in the east in the morning and set in the west in the evening and that's just one basic example of untold amount of examples in our history hence why we use the scientific method for higher accuracy when trying to understand how the world really works instead of our intuition.

So you go ahead and keep relying on your gut if you don't care whether or not you make a mistake that most likely could have been avoided if you used the scientific method. I on the other hand like the best possible accuracy.

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:38:07 AM

that' a very corny analogy..

instincts vs nature is not equal to instincts vs  concepts that are completely unnatural(i.e., money and economics are very unatural, man made concepts)

what I think is corny is posters coming into what I think is a serious opinion thread and tossing your little 2 cents that you know people will agree with, which hinders them from even considering the perspectives I or anyone attempts to articulate on the internet. this internet belittling is such a rampant phenomenon lately. but I must remain self controlled or they call you a troll.
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:38:30 AM

Great - we arrived at the corny analogy stage. Let me chime in:

Bitcoin is governed by the same forces that govern the workings of the sun
from which *mind you* the predecessors of your goverment took their power from!

Riddle me this:
All the presidents, kings and priests charged with responsibility,
can they actually do what you want them to?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:40:43 AM

but when it comes to mocking me,

I do apologize for that..

belittling my sense of understanding, or censoring my opinions.. that's when it's confirmed within me that this is a failure.

..however I wasn't trying to belittle your sense of anything, or censor your opinion.

ridgemont4 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:46:48 AM

I'm sorry, I'm not knocking Bitcoin. I just don't think it's any better in theory than anything already tried before. In fact it's worse by many standards.
Remember, this is what I feel. You may not feel the same way.

I use the United States as the best example of why I believe Bitcoin is doomed to fail, even if it was truly democratic, or even worse, completely stripped of democracy which some feel is best. and why I say this is bad is because there is no more accountability of words and actions. Everything is anonymous, void of personality.. and mind me for saying this I really think it's utterly stupid, considering this fosters the rising up of a cult-like following, inevitably, where fear of the strong takes place of justice for those who are at less of an advantage in this setup.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: