Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Exco.in - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange  (Read 11672 times)
Pastafarian

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:59:32 AM

Great looking exchange!  Cheesy Please add Sativacoin (STV)...we are working hard to become the most trusted and valuable crypto for mj!

Thanks,

Arnel
Pastafarian

Why can't you use any cryptocurrency for marijuana, like Bitcoin? Unfortunately unless you can provide a satisfactory answer to that question we will not be adding STV.

Thank you for checking out the exchange.
you reekt him  Shocked

Nope just seeing yourstruly's response now. As far as cryptocurrency's are concerned, mj coins imo have the most potential. This article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/legal-marijuana-taxes_n_5863860.html states that with legalization, tax revenue alone in the U.S. (where I am located) may top $3 billion annually. With the tide rolling in that direction, Sativacoin, as well as other altcoins will have plenty of room to increase their respective marketcaps. As far as utility of STV, I have already been in talks with many merchants and services that are looking into accepting STV and will continue to do so Smiley

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yourstruly (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 04:56:12 AM

Great looking exchange!  Cheesy Please add Sativacoin (STV)...we are working hard to become the most trusted and valuable crypto for mj!

Thanks,

Arnel
Pastafarian

Why can't you use any cryptocurrency for marijuana, like Bitcoin? Unfortunately unless you can provide a satisfactory answer to that question we will not be adding STV.

Thank you for checking out the exchange.
you reekt him  Shocked

Nope just seeing yourstruly's response now. As far as cryptocurrency's are concerned, mj coins imo have the most potential. This article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/legal-marijuana-taxes_n_5863860.html states that with legalization, tax revenue alone in the U.S. (where I am located) may top $3 billion annually. With the tide rolling in that direction, Sativacoin, as well as other altcoins will have plenty of room to increase their respective marketcaps. As far as utility of STV, I have already been in talks with many merchants and services that are looking into accepting STV and will continue to do so Smiley

The market cap of the cannabis on its own does nothing to prove the practicality of using a cryptocurrency branded for a specific commodity.

Can you please explain the advantage of having a cryptocurrency for niche merchant adoption over simply using a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin with wider adoption?

Do you also think it would be wise to have cryptocurrencies for other commodities such as a corn coin and a soy coin?

Honestly can you say it would not be more useful for people accepting payment for cannabis to take a currency they could buy goods and services beyond cannabis?

At face value it seems to me to be another project in a long line of projects trying to hamfistly mash concepts together with cryptocurrency in order to justify the release of a new unnecessary blockchain.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Pastafarian

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:19:43 AM

To be clear, I am a supporter of BTC and again I must emphasize that I believe BTC will always be the "top dog." I do, however, differ in opinion when it comes to the opportunity that the MJ niche provides.

As far as other commodities like corn and soy, there is really no need for a specific altcoin because they're already well-established. The bottom line is that the MJ niche provides more opportunities.

I'm sure you agree that with BTC's success, investors will also be looking for alternate stores of investment. The reason we work so hard at STV is because we want to be one of the trusted coins that these investors turn to. Sativacoin's low barrier to entry (when it comes to price compared to a BTC) is a major advantage. We also hope to create value, not by pegging our coin to anything, but rather by growing our community and becoming widely accepted. Though there have been many altcoins created that lack quality or a dedicated Dev, we at STV are working hard to ensure our long term success.

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:57:47 PM

To be clear, I am a supporter of BTC and again I must emphasize that I believe BTC will always be the "top dog." I do, however, differ in opinion when it comes to the opportunity that the MJ niche provides.

As far as other commodities like corn and soy, there is really no need for a specific altcoin because they're already well-established. The bottom line is that the MJ niche provides more opportunities.

I'm sure you agree that with BTC's success, investors will also be looking for alternate stores of investment. The reason we work so hard at STV is because we want to be one of the trusted coins that these investors turn to. Sativacoin's low barrier to entry (when it comes to price compared to a BTC) is a major advantage. We also hope to create value, not by pegging our coin to anything, but rather by growing our community and becoming widely accepted. Though there have been many altcoins created that lack quality or a dedicated Dev, we at STV are working hard to ensure our long term success.

You shouldn't assume my position, I don't agree that Bitcoin will always be the "top dog", I don't think the proof-of-work protocol truly captures Satoshi's original vision of cryptocurrency when it scaled for wider adoption. However the community is full of very talented developers pushing the technology forward in many ways, it also has network effect that this point and has already been adopted by the mainstream culture. That said, I believe that Bitcoin will eventually be known for introducing the concept of cryptocurrency, and the concept of cryptocurrency will have a much larger impact than Bitcoin itself.

You don't explain why a "MJ niche provides more opportunities", you just state it as if that is enough but it is not.

I would hope those investors who are looking for alternative cryptocurrency investments would get behind developers who are trying to advance the underlying protocols, that drive cryptocurrency and not be fooled by marketers trying to sell vapid products. You have yet to explain why there is any reason the Cannabis industry could not and should not use cryptocurrencies that feature more innovation than a cannabis related name.

The claim that STV has a lower barrier of entry is incorrect, it is much easier to obtain Bitcoin than it is any other currency because it has the necessary infrastructure in place. If you are truly interested in advancing alternative cryptocurrency, it is important to continue building the infrastructure for cryptocurrencies with developers actively improving the protocols than to fracture both the infrastructure and community to gamble and personal financial gain.

What is your "dedicated" developer doing? What changes have they made to the leading cryptocurrency protocols? Have you read through the source code?

You have yet to convince me that your project is more than another project in a long line of projects trying to hamfistedly mash concepts together with cryptocurrency in order to justify the release of a new unnecessary blockchain. What is being offered is investment opportunities in a dead end, which only furthers fracturing, takes attention from actual alternative protocols and embarrassing the burgeoning cannabis industry.

The cannabis industry does have the opportunity to take advantage of cryptocurrency as it continues to grow in the United States but attaching itself to niche coins like this that offer nothing more than childish marketing will do more harm than good. There is a lot of potentially interesting ideas that could be done to bridge the two concepts, but this is nothing more than marketing and lacks real substance.

astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:25:03 PM

At face value it seems to me to be another project in a long line of projects trying to hamfistly mash concepts together with cryptocurrency in order to justify the release of a new unnecessary blockchain.

with due respect to the work of Pastafarian (and many others)

but this quote is "Truth" for 98% of altcoins projects

btw i was beta tester of the exchange, it's amazing, i shared it wherever was possible, can't wait for more volume!
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 03:53:06 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 04:14:30 PM by yourstruly

I hope Pastarian and others realize I respect their talents, I think they are very capable.  

My goal is to help the wider community to realize that what is really defines a cryptocurrency is the protocol, and by putting focus on that we can propel the technology forward.

The result of the current ecosystem fracturing is stagnation of technological development. The popular trend is to insist on reinventing the wheel, rebuilding the same infrastructure over and over and it slows down the progress towards anything new and inventive.

with due respect to the work of Pastafarian (and many others)

but this quote is "Truth" for 98% of altcoins projects

btw i was beta tester of the exchange, it's amazing, i shared it wherever was possible, can't wait for more volume!

Our volume has been growing rapidly, we are now over 300 BTC 24H Volume and the user base is steadily growing.

Pastafarian

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:46:36 AM

You shouldn't assume my position, I don't agree that Bitcoin will always be the "top dog", I don't think the proof-of-work protocol truly captures Satoshi's original vision of cryptocurrency when it scaled for wider adoption. However the community is full of very talented developers pushing the technology forward in many ways, it also has network effect that this point and has already been adopted by the mainstream culture. That said, I believe that Bitcoin will eventually be known for introducing the concept of cryptocurrency, and the concept of cryptocurrency will have a much larger impact than Bitcoin itself.

You don't explain why a "MJ niche provides more opportunities", you just state it as if that is enough but it is not.

I would hope those investors who are looking for alternative cryptocurrency investments would get behind developers who are trying to advance the underlying protocols, that drive cryptocurrency and not be fooled by marketers trying to sell vapid products. You have yet to explain why there is any reason the Cannabis industry could not and should not use cryptocurrencies that feature more innovation than a cannabis related name.

The claim that STV has a lower barrier of entry is incorrect, it is much easier to obtain Bitcoin than it is any other currency because it has the necessary infrastructure in place. If you are truly interested in advancing alternative cryptocurrency, it is important to continue building the infrastructure for cryptocurrencies with developers actively improving the protocols than to fracture both the infrastructure and community to gamble and personal financial gain.

What is your "dedicated" developer doing? What changes have they made to the leading cryptocurrency protocols? Have you read through the source code?

You have yet to convince me that your project is more than another project in a long line of projects trying to hamfistedly mash concepts together with cryptocurrency in order to justify the release of a new unnecessary blockchain. What is being offered is investment opportunities in a dead end, which only furthers fracturing, takes attention from actual alternative protocols and embarrassing the burgeoning cannabis industry.

The cannabis industry does have the opportunity to take advantage of cryptocurrency as it continues to grow in the United States but attaching itself to niche coins like this that offer nothing more than childish marketing will do more harm than good. There is a lot of potentially interesting ideas that could be done to bridge the two concepts, but this is nothing more than marketing and lacks real substance.

Though I can't say for certain which coin may or may not be at the top in the long term, I believe that BTC will remain there for some time. This is simply because if you asked the average person about any coin ever created, the only one that they will likely be familiar with is BTC (maybe LTC). I disagree with your notion about what defines a crypto's value because there have already been feature-rich coins that have failed to gain success because of the fundamentals of any currency, mass adoption and utility.

I do believe, however, that there are features that bring value to a coin and we at STV are open to implementing anything that our community desires. As much as I would like to share what STV has in store though, I must simply withhold this information for the meanwhile to protect our community and ideas from our competition.

I wish you the best of luck with your exchange because there is a lot of room all of us to grow together!

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:00:18 AM

Though I can't say for certain which coin may or may not be at the top in the long term, I believe that BTC will remain there for some time. This is simply because if you asked the average person about any coin ever created, the only one that they will likely be familiar with is BTC (maybe LTC). I disagree with your notion about what defines a crypto's value because there have already been feature-rich coins that have failed to gain success because of the fundamentals of any currency, mass adoption and utility.

I do believe, however, that there are features that bring value to a coin and we at STV are open to implementing anything that our community desires. As much as I would like to share what STV has in store though, I must simply withhold this information for the meanwhile to protect our community and ideas from our competition.

I wish you the best of luck with your exchange because there is a lot of room all of us to grow together!

i just read all you wrote for nothing , you dont have a good answer to his question , all the coins that are used for anything but everything , are useless. why have a coin for maryjane , choclate , hotels , cinema's , flight's etc when we could just use ONE good one that would work for everything? aka bitcoin
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:43:58 AM

Though I can't say for certain which coin may or may not be at the top in the long term, I believe that BTC will remain there for some time. This is simply because if you asked the average person about any coin ever created, the only one that they will likely be familiar with is BTC (maybe LTC).

It is really hard to say for certain, my main point with that section was that you should not assume my position.

I disagree with your notion about what defines a crypto's value because there have already been feature-rich coins that have failed to gain success because of the fundamentals of any currency, mass adoption and utility.

This is a straw man, I never made the claim that coins should be feature rich. We have already published articles how many of the features people add to the the specification client are completely unnecessary and have nothing to do with the underlying protocol. These additional features absolutely do not justify their own blockchain.

Nearly all new cryptocurrency developers are either naive or are actively misleading their communities by marketing their wallet features as unique to their brand of cryptocurrency and associated blockchain.

These developers are ignoring the fact that their wallets' features could be applied to virtually any cryptocurrency fork because they are not making any changes to the protocol. Very few of these new wallet additions have affected the underlying protocol running the cryptocurrency, or the changes to the protocol could have been better achieved as an abstraction above the protocol.

What we are seeing in the cryptocurrency ecosystem is equivalent to developers forking the TCP/IP protocol every time a new website is created. We do not fork the TCP/IP protocol to make a new website, or fork BitTorrent to create a new client, and we do not need a new fork of the proof-of-stake protocol to make new wallet software.

The result of this behavior is a fracturing of the cryptocurrency community: Features that should have been open source and widely available across all cryptocurrency protocols are being used to create pump and dump coins with short lifespans and myopic goals.

- https://blackwavelabs.com

We wrote a long article on this and how we choose coins on our site (https://blackwavelabs.com), which if you were honestly interested in being featured on our service you should read.

I asked what features, my question was: "What is your "dedicated" developer doing? What changes have they made to the leading cryptocurrency protocols?".

The fact that you believe your ideas are more important and should be kept like an asset rather than openly discussing them and implementing them before the release of your software is a great example of what we feel is wrong about the current state of the altcryptocurrency ecosystem.

Pastafarian

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 06:16:46 AM

Though I can't say for certain which coin may or may not be at the top in the long term, I believe that BTC will remain there for some time. This is simply because if you asked the average person about any coin ever created, the only one that they will likely be familiar with is BTC (maybe LTC).

It is really hard to say for certain, my main point with that section was that you should not assume my position.

I disagree with your notion about what defines a crypto's value because there have already been feature-rich coins that have failed to gain success because of the fundamentals of any currency, mass adoption and utility.

This is a straw man, I never made the claim that coins should be feature rich. We have already published articles how many of the features people add to the the specification client are completely unnecessary and have nothing to do with the underlying protocol. These additional features absolutely do not justify their own blockchain.

Nearly all new cryptocurrency developers are either naive or are actively misleading their communities by marketing their wallet features as unique to their brand of cryptocurrency and associated blockchain.

These developers are ignoring the fact that their wallets' features could be applied to virtually any cryptocurrency fork because they are not making any changes to the protocol. Very few of these new wallet additions have affected the underlying protocol running the cryptocurrency, or the changes to the protocol could have been better achieved as an abstraction above the protocol.

What we are seeing in the cryptocurrency ecosystem is equivalent to developers forking the TCP/IP protocol every time a new website is created. We do not fork the TCP/IP protocol to make a new website, or fork BitTorrent to create a new client, and we do not need a new fork of the proof-of-stake protocol to make new wallet software.

The result of this behavior is a fracturing of the cryptocurrency community: Features that should have been open source and widely available across all cryptocurrency protocols are being used to create pump and dump coins with short lifespans and myopic goals.

We wrote a long article on this and how we choose coins on our site (https://blackwavelabs.com), which if you were honestly interested in being featured on our service you should read.

I asked what features, my question was: "What is your "dedicated" developer doing? What changes have they made to the leading cryptocurrency protocols?".

The fact that you believe your ideas are more important and should be kept like an asset rather than openly discussing them and implementing them before the release of your software is a great example of what we feel is wrong about the current state of the altcryptocurrency ecosystem.

It seems as if we have a stark difference in opinion and I do not want to waste anyone's time (including my own), so I will see myself out of this conversation so I can continue working on STV. While we must withhold some information for now (we have many competitors that would consider our ideas an asset), we do intend to prove ourselves to you and anybody else on this thread.

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 06:26:38 AM

Sounds wonderfull.  Good to have another option to go to when exchanging my cryptocoins.

Get off my c@ck !
yourstruly (OP)

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:29:44 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 06:53:06 PM by yourstruly

It seems as if we have a stark difference in opinion and I do not want to waste anyone's time (including my own), so I will see myself out of this conversation so I can continue working on STV. While we must withhold some information for now (we have many competitors that would consider our ideas an asset), we do intend to prove ourselves to you and anybody else on this thread.

We have entered a fascinating time in history, where there are a growing number of technological advancements that can be recombined and remixed in countless unique ways, where everyone has good ideas and everyone should have good ideas. However, ideas are not enough. What is truly impressive is not simply a good idea, but the act of following through an idea to completion. We will be staying true to our commitment and continue to focus on spotlighting true innovation and actual development in the cryptocurrency ecosystem.

You really should have read our https://blackwavelabs.com page before requesting to be featured on our exchange. If you have good ideas you should not be afraid to speak them aloud for fear of losing potential profit. You should appreciate that others think you idea is good and use the competition to force yourself to improve.

You failed to engage me in an actual discussion, you just sidestepped and avoided most of my questions. Despite that if you ever want to  engage us in further discussion, you know where to find us.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: