Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2017, 05:56:22 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OSX Bitcoin-Qt private key  (Read 7112 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 1890

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:03:47 PM

Then you are out of luck it seems. Can't install pywallet and bitcoin-qt doesn't work with a config file...

Is the config file text encoding UTF-8? I know for a fact Mac's like to fuck up text files with odd encodings. lol
I converted it to plain text, then changed the extension to .conf and the command went though perfectly.
Glad to hear it.  If I'm understanding correctly, bitcoin-qt will run properly with a .conf file in Mountain Lion? So it is safe for me to upgrade (at least regarding this particular issue).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:21:06 PM

Then you are out of luck it seems. Can't install pywallet and bitcoin-qt doesn't work with a config file...

Is the config file text encoding UTF-8? I know for a fact Mac's like to fuck up text files with odd encodings. lol
I converted it to plain text, then changed the extension to .conf and the command went though perfectly.
Glad to hear it.  If I'm understanding correctly, bitcoin-qt will run properly with a .conf file in Mountain Lion? So it is safe for me to upgrade (at least regarding this particular issue).

Yes, as long as it is a real text file with a .conf extension. He had a .rtf file, which is a binary file, hence why Bitcoin-qt crashed.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.