Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A bullish opinion for people who panic when the price is dropping  (Read 3772 times)
gjgjg (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 10:59:56 PM

160~220 support holding well. couple of tests in last month caused 10~30% bounce, which is promising.
plenty of sellers lurking below significant trend resistance of 300~330 however. so looks like were stuck in this range for a while before getting a breakout.

not much fundamental reasons to think previous uptrend low of $50 will break.
 mostly good fundis lately suggesting it will hold, therefore maintaining long term up trend channel. but lack of new territory fever adoption means new speedy rally unlikely any time soon (so resistance @ 300 might hold for ages..). with all the good fundis in the last few months and lack of rally suggests current markets are adopting slowly/saturated (and reinforcing point that new territories are slow to adopt).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:36:56 AM

I agree with your post, and that there is plenty of upside despite the current state of fear.... but I'm more concerned it may take 5-10 years for the demand to catch up with the supply where the next rally may happen. A lot of people thing the 2016 block halving will cause a rally but I highly doubt it

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
gjgjg (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:06:46 PM

I agree with your post, and that there is plenty of upside despite the current state of fear.... but I'm more concerned it may take 5-10 years for the demand to catch up with the supply where the next rally may happen. A lot of people thing the 2016 block halving will cause a rally but I highly doubt it

why so? a lot can happen in 2015 to be able to call 2016 already, nevermind 5~10 years a head.
the longer the time frame the more confident i personally am about a higher price, but in the btc world a year is an epoch! so i think its totally possible to see a big rally before too long. like a physical fire it can take a while to catch and get burning but once it started it spreads quick:p

anyway, even if it does take 5~10, is that so bad? gives us time to accumulate even more!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

why so? a lot can happen in 2015 to be able to call 2016 already, nevermind 5~10 years a head.
the longer the time frame the more confident i personally am about a higher price, but in the btc world a year is an epoch! so i think its totally possible to see a big rally before too long. like a physical fire it can take a while to catch and get burning but once it started it spreads quick:p

anyway, even if it does take 5~10, is that so bad? gives us time to accumulate even more!

It's not a bad thing if it takes that long, but the reason I think it may is because bitcoin needs to be useful, accessible, and simple for it to catch on to any significant portion of the population. This technology isn't as useful or convenient out of the box by itself, it needs to be utilized by applications that are yet to be developed. And when those applications come, that utilize bitcoin as a digital programmable currency, and use it in a way that cannot be done with conventional currency or credit cards, that's when I think more will start using it. Like the internet, it could take a decade for that to happen

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
gjgjg (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:58:24 PM

It's not a bad thing if it takes that long, but the reason I think it may is because bitcoin needs to be useful, accessible, and simple for it to catch on to any significant portion of the population. This technology isn't as usefull out of the box, it needs to be utilized by applications that are yet to be developed.

Not sure exactly what you mean but imo the usefulness is not really related to the price, it works fine regardless of it - assuming its mainly used as a payment/transmission system and we dont consider the mining reward side (which in theory could be compensated by other ways).
Im sure many new apps and techs will come along in the next year or so to make it even easier to use, and they wont be hindered by the price fluctuations.
For other uses Im not sure how price affects it really, apart from investment/trading/speculation - but thats not really a BTC specific function.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:22:46 PM

It's not a bad thing if it takes that long, but the reason I think it may is because bitcoin needs to be useful, accessible, and simple for it to catch on to any significant portion of the population. This technology isn't as usefull out of the box, it needs to be utilized by applications that are yet to be developed.

Not sure exactly what you mean but imo the usefulness is not really related to the price, it works fine regardless of it - assuming its mainly used as a payment/transmission system and we dont consider the mining reward side (which in theory could be compensated by other ways).

Usefulness of something with claims to "a good store of value" is related to price, sure.  Especially when said price has dropped by ~75% over the past year.
As a payment processor of any size, Bitcoin is a nonstarter--7 transactions per second limit is simply laughable.

Im sure many new apps and techs will come along in the next year or so to make it even easier to use, and they wont be hindered by the price fluctuations.
For other uses Im not sure how price affects it really, apart from investment/trading/speculation - but thats not really a BTC specific function.

New apps and tech can't fix the fundamental flaws of Bitcoin.  It's flawed at the conceptual level, with cludgy workarounds (hardforks] now being proposed to smear salve over old sores.
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:15:39 AM

Usefulness = more people having the incentive to use/acquire bitcoin = more demand = less supply. If 100 million people (1.5% of the population) have the incentive to use bitcoin... how many of those people can own an entire bitcoin when there are only 21million in supply? That's what I meant

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:23:56 AM

Why is your activity count and post count the same? I do not understand the activity formula. The help page does not explain it to me....

such confusion

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
gjgjg (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:44:11 AM

Usefulness of something with claims to "a good store of value" is related to price, sure.  Especially when said price has dropped by ~75% over the past year.
As a payment processor of any size, Bitcoin is a nonstarter--7 transactions per second limit is simply laughable.

New apps and tech can't fix the fundamental flaws of Bitcoin.  It's flawed at the conceptual level, with cludgy workarounds (hardforks] now being proposed to smear salve over old sores.

7 per second.... oh dear... wasnt aware of that...

the store of value stuff, im not sure where it comes from but in my mind thats a relative concept with too many variables to be a generally good statement. same logic for anything that is considered to be a store of value though.

i dont know enough about the tech itself to comment on your last part, but it seems to me that a lot of people with much better understandings than i have a lot of faiht in the tech. im sure there are two sides to it all, but the weight seems to be on the positive side - i know 'people' better than the tech, so thats good enough for me :p

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
gjgjg (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:45:18 AM

Why is your activity count and post count the same? I do not understand the activity formula. The help page does not explain it to me....

such confusion

there is a post around here about it, its a merged value of posts + times logged in or something (im usually logged in on one device or another most of the day). if i find the link ill share.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
gjgjg (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:47:19 AM

Usefulness = more people having the incentive to use/acquire bitcoin = more demand = less supply. If 100 million people (1.5% of the population) have the incentive to use bitcoin... how many of those people can own an entire bitcoin when there are only 21million in supply? That's what I meant

ah, id agree with that. imo the usefulness of btc in increasing over time at the moment, so its a matter of waiting for the people to catch on after that. since most people arent aware or know enough about btc to buy in, im betting that part comes later after further increases in usefulness:)

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:50:03 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 02:21:45 PM by NotLambchop

Usefulness of something with claims to "a good store of value" is related to price, sure.  Especially when said price has dropped by ~75% over the past year.

New apps and tech can't fix the fundamental flaws of Bitcoin.  It's flawed at the conceptual level, with cludgy workarounds (hardforks] now being proposed to smear salve over old sores.

7 per second.... oh dear... wasnt aware of that...

the store of value stuff, im not sure where it comes from but in my mind thats a relative concept with too many variables to be a generally good statement. same logic for anything that is considered to be a store of value though.

i dont know enough about the tech itself to comment on your last part, but it seems to me that a lot of people with much better understandings than i have a lot of faiht in the tech. im sure there are two sides to it all, but the weight seems to be on the positive side - i know 'people' better than the tech, so thats good enough for me :p

"Oh dear" is right.  That's called a non-starter.
The tech?  Nothing wrong with the tech per se, just doesn't scale & costs 12% of Bitcoin's market cap per year to keep the network secure.  So if you don't mind the constantly tanking price, it's all good.

Far as smarter people than you having faith in this tech?  They have faith in [seemingly neverending supply of] greater fools, not tech.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: