Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 08:11:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd be treated with more respect if I paid 18K at a car dealership.  (Read 3067 times)
cuz0882
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 336



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:10:45 AM
 #41

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.

Its not an upgrade if you just dont put double money.

You're just simply a switch from current order to new order and considered payment is made.

Total BS if they really do it that way. By the time they get back to us and get the orders switched over, we will be waiting a lot longer then if we had never given them money at all.
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
1481055113
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481055113

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481055113
Reply with quote  #2

1481055113
Report to moderator
Paladin69
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 770


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:43:52 AM
 #42

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.

Its not an upgrade if you just dont put double money.

You're just simply a switch from current order to new order and considered payment is made.

Total BS if they really do it that way. By the time they get back to us and get the orders switched over, we will be waiting a lot longer then if we had never given them money at all.

I agree that it is a totally shitty way to treat those of us that have been waiting for product for months already.  They used our money to finance their expansion and ASIC endeavors.  The least they could do is bump me into the 1/3 if I decide to cancel everything and put the $18K towards Single SC's.
SgtSpike
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 05:23:04 AM
 #43

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.
To people who have orders in for the prior-gens?  Hmmmm.... I suppose that could work out alright.
||bit
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:28:38 AM
 #44

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.
To people who have orders in for the prior-gens?  Hmmmm.... I suppose that could work out alright.

Unless virgin orders equate to significantly fewer units than than that carried by persons with prior-gen stuff.  Undecided
seriouscoin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 658


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:50:59 AM
 #45

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.

Its not an upgrade if you just dont put double money.

You're just simply a switch from current order to new order and considered payment is made.

Total BS if they really do it that way. By the time they get back to us and get the orders switched over, we will be waiting a lot longer then if we had never given them money at all.

I agree that it is a totally shitty way to treat those of us that have been waiting for product for months already.  They used our money to finance their expansion and ASIC endeavors.  The least they could do is bump me into the 1/3 if I decide to cancel everything and put the $18K towards Single SC's.

The point of their trade-in is new money coming along with customer's early investment. You dont provide them any new money, why are you considered as trade-in?
cuz0882
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 336



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 07:41:07 AM
 #46

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.

Its not an upgrade if you just dont put double money.

You're just simply a switch from current order to new order and considered payment is made.

Total BS if they really do it that way. By the time they get back to us and get the orders switched over, we will be waiting a lot longer then if we had never given them money at all.

I agree that it is a totally shitty way to treat those of us that have been waiting for product for months already.  They used our money to finance their expansion and ASIC endeavors.  The least they could do is bump me into the 1/3 if I decide to cancel everything and put the $18K towards Single SC's.

The point of their trade-in is new money coming along with customer's early investment. You don't provide them any new money, why are you considered as trade-in?

We already provided them with money, and if they think that's not good enough they can give it back. That is their guarantee, some of my orders are 12 weeks old. They should have just caught up on deliveries before announcing something that would render them worthless.
Sp0tter
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 285


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 08:23:27 AM
 #47

Quote
I think there's a reasonable feeling of discomfort with not being able to speak with someone when significant monies are involved.  On our side, we've just launched pre order on a very important product and we have well over 1,000 emails in over the weekend.  There are orders, questions, comments etc.  We're moving as fast as we can.

That is ridiculous.  "We can't fill your order because we chose to take more on some new product 4 months down the road."   If you were responsible at all.. this situation would not happen...  it's like saying it's not your fault you crashed into another car because you were drunk...

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
Internet151
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 174



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:57:56 AM
 #48

Has anyone here that did a bank wire pre-order on the new ASIC based products receive an email yet with wire instructions?

I've been waiting for almost 60 hours on this.
bulanula
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 518



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:17:43 PM
 #49

Has anyone here that did a bank wire pre-order on the new ASIC based products receive an email yet with wire instructions?

I've been waiting for almost 60 hours on this.

Lol

Maybe they found out that bank wire can be charged back ?

Dunno, but seems likely.

They are "supporting Bitcoin" so no worries there when they deliver.
Paladin69
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 770


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:38:57 PM
 #50

They have allocated 1/3 of the quota to upgrades like us, so we will fall under that category.

Its not an upgrade if you just dont put double money.

You're just simply a switch from current order to new order and considered payment is made.

Total BS if they really do it that way. By the time they get back to us and get the orders switched over, we will be waiting a lot longer then if we had never given them money at all.

I agree that it is a totally shitty way to treat those of us that have been waiting for product for months already.  They used our money to finance their expansion and ASIC endeavors.  The least they could do is bump me into the 1/3 if I decide to cancel everything and put the $18K towards Single SC's.

The point of their trade-in is new money coming along with customer's early investment. You don't provide them any new money, why are you considered as trade-in?

We already provided them with money, and if they think that's not good enough they can give it back. That is their guarantee, some of my orders are 12 weeks old. They should have just caught up on deliveries before announcing something that would render them worthless.

I agree.  The upgrade is something I could more easily swallow if they were taking pre-orders closer to October and I've actually had the chance to mine with my fpga's for a while.  I just can't blindly give out more money than what I've already done.  If I felt comfortable with upgrading to a mini-rig SC I would've put in two orders for mini-rig fpga's.  I only bought one for that reason and now they want double the money to retain the value on my first $15K.  And I have yet to receive any product.

If I can't take delivery and must start my order over for 14 Single SC's to get the full value of $18K (also had 4 single fpga's on order), the least they could do is keep me in the 1/3 so I am not waiting until the end of time for product.

EDIT: btw do you guys know how to contact this "Sonny" that I see others talk about?  The user BFL that posts here offered to call me in pm last night but I stepped out at the wrong time.
Buckwheet
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 108


View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:06:56 PM
 #51

I am in the same situation. I have 7k tied up with them in orders and I did not plan on putting 14k in with them at that time. They don't plan on delivering my units until late July. So I too would like some better option right now then just hey you are screwed because you couldn't pay in BTC and now you not only are waiting on your FPGAs now you get to hit the back of the line for ASIC.

I fully think they should have completed their orders and actually stopped taking new orders on FPGA until they were caught up to the point they could just move into ASIC manufacturing/pre-order. The reality of the situation is I could have taken the 6k I paid them and bought BTC at ~5 and would have made interest on the BTC between then and now and had been able to pre-order ASIC. But instead I figured the safer order would be directly with them.

BFL you have my money, you have had it for over a month. Why am I disqualified for a pre-order based on the value of my trade in that you haven't delivered yet?
Internet151
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 174



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:09:31 PM
 #52



So much for 24 hours, it's been almost 72 and still no word from BFL on were they want my money wired to.

You think they would want my 30 grand.
fuxianhui888
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 205



View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:57:18 PM
 #53

$15000 for early April order!!!!
 Wink Wink
gonella
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 17


View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:30:00 AM
 #54

Go ahead:

http://www.easic.com/low-cost-power-fpga-nre-asic-90nm-easic-nextreme/easic-nextreme-overview/

Their offerings look pretty flexible and it would be worth at least checking to see
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!