OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins
<< < (133/133)
SmartIphone:
Quote from: tonnny11 on February 03, 2017, 10:14:56 AM

Quote from: OmegaStarScream on February 03, 2017, 05:39:10 AM

Quote from: tonnny11 on February 02, 2017, 10:17:55 AM

i have one direct question to the experts.

i got 1 week ago 2 ledger nano S,can use those wallets to store an larger amount of btc like 20-25 for example?How secure are my coins?is more secure i keep on blockchain or on ledger?

what u will recomend me to do if i store large coins on my ledger?

With no doubt , Its secure more then the blockchain.info and yes you can store any amount you would like to without being afraid of anything. Unlike desktop or online wallets , hardware wallets have security as their first priority , If you are going to use your bitcoins on a daily or weekly basis then It's a good idea to store them there , If you are just holding for the long term then a cheaper alternative as Paper wallet would be fine.

thank you for your reply.

im confused about that 24 words seed?Hows generated?Does any one other can have same seed?How it works to be unique only for me?

I wouldn't go to the Ledger thread but since this thread is for bitcoin hardware discussion then let's discuss here.
How much is the storage of that wallet? How many transaction can that handle? Or what are the limits?
About the seeds it is pretty interesting because there are lots of seeds but the order can "bruteforced" but I have no idea for further things.
BitcoinNewsMagazine:
Both Trezor and Ledger Nano S can store an infinite number of bitcoins. There are no limits with HD hardware wallets. The security of your bitcoin private keys is your concern and depends on you keeping your 24 word seed safe. So don't do anything that could help a thief steal your private keys.

Don't store your seed online even encrypted. Don't store your seed on your computer or phone period. Write it on paper and keep in a safe or safety deposit box. The security measures you take is up to you, depends on how many bitcoin you own and your personal circumstances. Not everyone has access to a safety deposit box.

You can add a layer of protection by using a passphrase along with your seed but only if you are capable of remembering the passphrase. If you forget your passphrase your seed is useless and your bitcoin are gone, really gone.
Docent85:
I use TREZOR wALLET
And now can not now send bitcoins: RPCError: 16: bad-txns-vin-empty
What is it?
OmegaStarScream:
Quote from: Docent85 on December 18, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

I use TREZOR wALLET
What is it?

I looked for the error and apparently, a few people had this issue but you should be able to send your bitcoins just fine If you switch to the Beta wallet. If the problem persists in the future, just contact the support.
Docent85:
Quote from: OmegaStarScream on December 18, 2017, 12:13:05 PM

Quote from: Docent85 on December 18, 2017, 08:14:46 AM

I use TREZOR wALLET
What is it?

I looked for the error and apparently, a few people had this issue but you should be able to send your bitcoins just fine If you switch to the Beta wallet. If the problem persists in the future, just contact the support.

it helps or does not always
I just want to transfer a large amount
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page