Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining using Android ?  (Read 8314 times)
Orangina (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:03:13 PM

It may be a stupid question but I was wondering if it's possible to mine using our Android phones or iOS . I'am new at mining world and never mined , not even using my Computer .
I've found this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jordanrulz.droidbtc&hl=en

Does it really work ? and most of all It worth it or not ? Or I will just kill my battery and I won't have any cash at all. Gracias Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:06:53 PM

you need to read more .......a lot more
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 08:11:10 PM

Not Bitcoins, but you can this new alt coin:

http://www.mangocoinz.com/

Works off your phone's accelerometer, so if you run in place, shake it, or move alot, you'll see the coin amount go up.

Not sure if it's tradeable at Cryptsy or an exchange, but there's been a little buying and selling in the Alt section.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Mining at home (for profit) is essentially dead.  Mining for hobby is alive and well, just make sure it's cheap and uses very little electricity.  Just don't expect to make anything of significance, and you should be fine.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
aacoins

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Run a Full Node-Just Do It!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:14:57 PM

It may be a stupid question but I was wondering if it's possible to mine using our Android phones or iOS . I'am new at mining world and never mined , not even using my Computer .
I've found this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jordanrulz.droidbtc&hl=en

Does it really work ? and most of all It worth it or not ? Or I will just kill my battery and I won't have any cash at all. Gracias Grin

The above post is right you do need to read more or use google and the search bar on this forum. However here is the reply to your question incase anyone else that is curious comes by this thread.

It is completely possible to mine with anything that has the ability to perform basic math functions and connection to the internet. So your phone complies with these standards.
There are many apps out there the best for andorid is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miner&hl=en You can mine most of the cryptos out their with it, however it more than likely will not be profitable. Now if you had free power free cooling equipment and thousands of androids laying in your drawer as well as the ability to monitor for overheating and fires constantly. You may be able to do something with them. However most of the time this is not the case. If you would like to try it out however to get your feet wet in mining i definitely suggest it!

BTC-1AacoiNQXHJtsVuTFZRZnX6iGXtFgHHYae
XPY-PAACoin14KZNe2sPcpFUH4SDah6LkbqPsF
Tip Jar Smiley
mwizard

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:35:01 PM

1) Software mining running on Android, or any other devices not designed for bitcoin mining, is incredibly inefficient.  For example a Core 2 PC can do about 3-30 Megahash a second, an ASIC about 3 terrahash a second.  This is 100,000 to 1 million times faster.  So you need a million or so basic CPU devices to equal one modern ASIC miner.

2) On an Android device the mining software would probably only run in foreground.  If you really wanted to do any mining of alts or bitcoin it would also need to run in background.  This may be impractical because of current draw when running on a battery.

3) You would need to make certain the software can connect to a pool if you really intended mining with android software.  This can be difficult enough with a dedicated miner.

If anyone has actually managed to use an Android device to connect to a pool, and then clocked up some coin at the pool, please let us know.  Effect on battery recharges, background or foreground, amount mined, which coin etc.
aacoins

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:36:42 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 11:53:38 PM by aacoins

1) Software mining running on Android, or any other devices not designed for bitcoin mining, is incredibly inefficient.  For example a Core 2 PC can do about 3-30 Megahash a second, an ASIC about 3 terrahash a second.  This is 100,000 to 1 million times faster.  So you need a million or so basic CPU devices to equal one modern ASIC miner.

2) On an Android device the mining software would probably only run in foreground.  If you really wanted to do any mining of alts or bitcoin it would also need to run in background.  This may be impractical because of current draw when running on a battery.

3) You would need to make certain the software can connect to a pool if you really intended mining with android software.  This can be difficult enough with a dedicated miner.

If anyone has actually managed to use an Android device to connect to a pool, and then clocked up some coin at the pool, please let us know.  Effect on battery recharges, amount mined, which coin etc.

I will go ahead and set up my tablet mining right now, this post will be edited with statistics periodically.

EDIT: HAD TROUBLE CONNECTING TO A PILL HAD TO GO DO STONE THINGS be back shortyly to try again.

Tip Jar Smiley
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:32:16 AM

Works off your phone's accelerometer, so if you run in place, shake it, or move alot, you'll see the coin amount go up.

Not sure if it's tradeable at Cryptsy or an exchange, but there's been a little buying and selling in the Alt section.

Mining at home (for profit) is essentially dead.  Mining for hobby is alive and well, just make sure it's cheap and uses very little electricity.  Just don't expect to make anything of significance, and you should be fine.
I have looked for that coin and I haven't found an official thread. It is one? Also I haven't seen any echange or people trading that coin Sad
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:14:53 AM

I have looked for that coin and I haven't found an official thread. It is one? Also I haven't seen any echange or people trading that coin Sad

I don't think they've had an announcement thread yet, and they aren't on any exchanges yet.

I think they've mostly done OTC exchanging around here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762060.0

I personally wouldn't get my hopes for this coin, but speculating on alts are your thing in the hopes for a quick pump and dump, keep your eye out!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

Interessting , and thanks for all your answers guys.

Well my PC can't mine a thing , Performances are too low , but I heard there is special USB's to mine with them ? dosen't matter the PC performance to use them ? or it still does and how much is the BTC you can earn a month. and if someone could link me to them on Amazon or something that would be awesome
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:21:44 AM

Well my PC can't mine a thing , Performances are too low , but I heard there is special USB's to mine with them ? dosen't matter the PC performance to use them ? or it still does and how much is the BTC you can earn a month. and if someone could link me to them on Amazon or something that would be awesome

It will takes years to solve a block if  you ever get one at home with an old pc

Better just buy the coins Imo than try to mine at home now
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:30:23 AM

It will takes years to solve a block if  you ever get one at home with an old pc

Better just buy the coins Imo than try to mine at home now

So It's useless on all ways Cry  Alright thank you so much brother <3 and sorry if I bothered you in any way Smiley
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:22:45 AM

You can actually mine all type of coins using andriod because the chip inside is GPU. The only reason you shouldn't do that is because you will break your andriod and get nothing at all..

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:16:50 PM

If you mine bitcoin using electronic device such as laptop or smartphone, it will take force the device to work hard.
The result is your electronic will be damage in the future.

You're going mining with free but high risk or
you're going mining with purchasing mining hardware but low risk
What do you choose ?
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:29:37 PM

If you mine bitcoin using electronic device such as laptop or smartphone, it will take force the device to work hard.
The result is your electronic will be damage in the future.

You're going mining with free but high risk or
you're going mining with purchasing mining hardware but low risk
What do you choose ?

Definitly number two , the second choice seem good , "you're going mining with purchasing mining hardware but low risk"
hobala

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:42:10 AM

how many satoshi one day mining using android??

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

aacoins

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:15:02 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 06:25:33 AM by aacoins

Currently mining Litecoin on my Smasung Galaxy Tab 3 with 2 threads and highest priority with Crypto Miner (For Android) at Litecoinpool.org Averaging something like 2 Kh/s Will update periodically

Currently after a little tweaking and noticing that I was being an idiot I am noticing a few things
1-My battery rate has dropped 3% in < ten minutes
2-My Galaxy tab is getting very warm for only 10 minutes of use
3-I can not get an accurate hashrate from the pool, it's bouncing all over the place sometimes 0 sometimes 50
4-I am only going to do this for one battery cycle on my tablet to not risk any damage to a expensive piece of machinery that I did not buy for mining

Tip Jar Smiley
Orangina (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:57:25 AM

Currently mining Litecoin on my Smasung Galaxy Tab 3 with 2 threads and highest priority with Crypto Miner (For Android) at Litecoinpool.org Averaging something like 2 Kh/s Will update periodically

Currently after a little tweaking and noticing that I was being an idiot I am noticing a few things
1-My battery rate has dropped 3% in < ten minutes
2-My Galaxy tab is getting very warm for only 10 minutes of use
3-I can not get an accurate hashrate from the pool, it's bouncing all over the place sometimes 0 sometimes 50
4-I am only going to do this for one battery cycle on my tablet to not risk any damage to a expensive piece of machinery that I did not buy for mining

Thank you for the useful informations then I guess i will simply stay away from mining using Android , even PC since my PC is old and crappy and can't do anything but run few games  Cry

thanks again
aacoins

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:19:57 AM

I will be giving 2 more updates to this thread this one and the last one when my tablet dies.
I have mined for approximately 1 hour now. Using:
Crypto Miner for android(Free)
Litecoinpool.org(104% PPS)
A Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with 91% battery life remaining
2 Threads
And set the mining to highest priority

1 Hour in I have made 0.000001875968LTC
Thats 0.0000450232 LTC/Day
or 0.00013 USD/day

My device is still about the same tempature and is now at 66% Thats 25%/hour...I am not taking the time to measure the energy required to charge it all the way up...too much work

I would like to say it is 100% proven that unless you have a warehouse full of old androids and unlimited free power to charge them...This will never be profitable.

I hope this answers everyones question any questions are welcomed in PM or here.

Thanks

Tip Jar Smiley
dsly

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:44:45 PM

Even if it was possible, I guess it would take an year to mine 0.001  BTC Smiley
Even GPU mining gets no return these days.

MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:28:29 PM

I played with Simran's old LiteCoin sCrypt NEON miner a very long time ago. It was fun seeing the minerd output on my phone. I even solved a Feathercoin block with it. More recently, I played with the ARM Free SHA-256d miner. I wanted an old Samsung Galaxy to go out in a blaze of glory, and that's exactly what it did. Fun programs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: