Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL FPGAs in temporary residence while waiting for ASICs ?  (Read 3404 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:02:30 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90320.msg994839#msg994839

Lets say my FPGA Single is ready to ship.

Option 1) I can either NOT have them ship it to me, and transfer my order to 4 Jalapenos.
Option 2) I can have them ship it to me, and trade it in (+700USD) for a SC Single.
Option 3) I have BFL send my FPGA to Inaba, and he mines it for me (with my credentials, at my pool of choice, for a fee). Then what? The rest is the same as Option 2? I can't have Inaba mine with my Single, and still transfer my order to 4 Jalapenos, can I?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Transisto (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 09:38:50 PM

Option 3) I have BFL send my FPGA to Inaba, and he mines it for me (with my credentials, at my pool of choice, for a fee). Then what? The rest is the same as Option 2? I can't have Inaba mine with my Single, and still transfer my order to 4 Jalapenos, can I?
Not sure I understand you,
It's all about saving cost on shipping and mining during otherwise transit time. You you wouldn't have to pay BFL send it to inaba and pay inaba to ship it back. You would but it'd be cheaper and faster.
BrimStone

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 01:05:35 AM

I am interested in 1 single.

BitCoin Addr: 1GvcrpJmvC9wsdAndVnMFLc7dD9Yeo1ggU
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 03:21:34 AM

I am mainly interested in how many mini-rigs I would have to procure space for.  I can handle the singles no problem, it's the rigs that are the toughy.

If you are interested in hosting your singles, contact me privately as well and I can certainly arrange that.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 08:04:14 PM

Ok folks with Minirigs, here's the deal:

$250/mo per Minirig to host it.  The units will be hosted in a temperature controlled, free standing Data Center located near downtown Kansas City.  After speaking to several of the local DC's, I know that some of you have already tried to find hosting and I know the costs are extraordinary, so I am trying to offer this service nearly at cost to help everyone out. 

If you want to host your minirig locally while waiting on the ASIC, you can contact either myself or BFL and let them know you want to host your unit locally. BFL and I will make the arrangements to get the units put up in their new home.

Power is backed up by a diesel generator.  If you want UPS battery power in addition to generator power, that can be arranged for an additional fee.

There are several control options once the machine is installed:

1.  You can supply a control system and have remote access to it. It will be 100% managed by you.  Laptop, netbook, etc... works best for this.
2.  I can supply the control system and give you remote access.  It will be 100% managed by you. I would have to pass the cost of the control system along to you. A cheap $250 - $300 laptop/netbook will work fine and is yours to keep.
3.  If you don't require remote access, I can host it on a shared machine running individual instance(s) of CGMiner.  You can supply me with a cgminer.conf file or let me know what pools you want to point the rig(s) at and I will set them off to do their thing.
4.  You can "pool" your rig with the rest of my farm and I will issue you 6058 shares of BFLS.RIG, you will then be paid out whatever your machine generates via dividend payments on GLBSE.  Dividend payments are expected to be typically 5% - 20% above the going PPS rate, but never below the PPS rate/proportional rate.  Luck obviously plays a factor, but variance is pretty smooth at the hashrate we are operating at.

This project is with the full backing of BFL, so your warranty, place in line for ASIC, etc... is fully intact. If your rig develops a problem, it can be returned to BFL for repair within 24 hours (likely the same day).  You will not have to wait or pay for shipping from BFL or back to BFL when the ASIC rigs are available, that is all covered through this project.  This project will not end after the ASICs are released, and your rigs can be upgraded in place (I bring the new ASIC rig, swap out the FPGA rig and return your old FPGA rig to BFL), or you can choose to take delivery of your ASIC as normal. 

I am going to have limited space for units until I can complete the power build out at the DC, so it will be first come, first served.  The first unit will be going in on Sunday or Monday.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 11:33:54 AM

So, how are you planning on substracting $250 per rig from your customers? Are you going to host ASICs under the same conditions and pricing? If I'd pay once a month with btc generated at mtgox spot rate, that would be just perfect.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:30:05 PM

$250 per month all inclusive ? seems like a bargain as in UK it would cost $250 per months just in electricity costs, not to mention the 20% non refundable import tax.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:49:03 PM

$250 per month all inclusive ? seems like a bargain as in UK it would cost $250 per months just in electricity costs, not to mention the 20% non refundable import tax.

And the shipping too !

UK is a rip off country ...
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 03:03:03 PM

So, how are you planning on substracting $250 per rig from your customers? Are you going to host ASICs under the same conditions and pricing? If I'd pay once a month with btc generated at mtgox spot rate, that would be just perfect.

I think the easiest method is going to be just send me the funds each month, and yes I will take BTC at the MTGox spot rate, or I can take Dwolla or a physical check as well.  I would prefer BTC though, obviously. 

ASICs will likely be cheaper, since the power requirements will be substantially reduced, I will pass any savings along that I get from reducing my power requirements on the DC. 

Yep, all inclusive.  Believe me, I had to pull some strings to get the rate I'm getting, other DCs I normally have business dealings with wanted to charge 25 - 50% more for power, bringing it to an unreasonable sum, and this DC will guarantee top rack temps under 80F, unlike a lot of places that run top rack super hot (85F+).

Transisto (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:39:11 PM

If you intended is having your Mini or singles hosted make sure you advise BFL of your intentions ASAP as they will not warn you before shipping.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:05:20 PM

If you intended is having your Mini or singles hosted make sure you advise BFL of your intentions ASAP as they will not warn you before shipping.

I told them I didn't want my Single, and I wanted my order transferred to 4 Jalapenos. They shipped it to my anyways  Shocked

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 07:56:20 PM

Hosting for Mini-rigs is $300 per month and singles is $20/mo per single.  If you are hosting singles, you will need to provide a controlling entity, such as a netbook/laptop or a mini-itx system.  Alternately, I can provide the controlling entity at cost from a locally sourced provider.  I can then provide/install Teamviewer or another remote control application of your choice.

psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:43:13 AM

Why waste time doing all this? (oops I answered my own question before I clicked post)

When we made trade-in orders, we knew you had to ship it back to BFL. BFL receives, they ship to you. That was the deal right?

I guess if there is money to be made on both sides it makes sense...which I presume is what is happening here Smiley.

dip
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: