Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 11:11:27 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WSJ] BitPay Shatters Record for Bitcoin Payment Processing  (Read 2304 times)
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 722

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 07:07:37 AM

This is good of course; but it's not indicative of any growth of bitcoin in the wider economy.

It's all existing bitcoiners buying bitcoin mining gear for bitcoins.  If there were no such thing as bitcoin; these transactions would never have happened.

To get justifiably excited about this sort of record breaking announcement we would need to see it being made up of thousands and thousands of small, every day transactions, that would have happened whether bitcoin existed or not.

I get more excited about people buying baklava (sorry if misspelled) for bitcoins than I do about people buying mining rigs.

I love Baklava - where can I buy it for BTC?

http://mandrik.com/  Smiley

If that's your site, check your emails for an exciting query from Gareth regarding international shipping and expect a bitcoin payment soon afterwards via what I presume is the standard bit-pay button (otherwise it looks a hell of a lot like it).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.