Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pet Project, Antminer U3  (Read 1208 times)
GriffinHeart (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:44:56 PM

So I got a Antminer U3 and have been toying around with it.
Sure it doesn't make any ROI, but now for the question! What mining difficulty should I set it to? (Slush's pool)
I have it (currently) at 64, I've tried 512 and 256, but the hash rate on the dashboard/monitor has jumped very erratically.

Thanks for any input!

-Griffeh

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:31:49 PM

So I got a Antminer U3 and have been toying around with it.What mining difficulty should I set it to? (Slush's pool)
For smooth sailing, set it to a minimum of the hash rate in Gh/s.  Considering it's a 63Gh/s device (if you're lucky), 64 will do nicely.  If you set it lower you get more shares at lower difficulty but you're also putting unnecessary load on the servers.  If you set it higher you get fewer shares at higher difficulty but the variance apparent at the pool side will be higher.  It'll even out over longer stretches of time, regardless, but if you prefer smoother graphs, stick with the aforementioned.

please could you tell me the diameter and the hight of the U3
Gen 2 (Wire cage): 120mm diameter, 82mm height
No idea about the Gen 1 (Cylon case), doesn't seem like I kept figures around for it.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

Sure it doesn't make any ROI, but now for the question! What mining difficulty should I set it to? (Slush's pool)
I have it (currently) at 64, I've tried 512 and 256, but the hash rate on the dashboard/monitor has jumped very erratically.

Thanks for any input!

-Griffeh

A big question on this is are you wanting to mine where you are getting something in return PPS/other types of pools?  Or are you wanting to use it as a lotto miner?

I have some U3's as a lotto setup as I know they will not ROI.  I have them trying to solo a block.  Chances are it will never happen... but still a fun project.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 08:31:44 PM

So I got a Antminer U3 and have been toying around with it.What mining difficulty should I set it to? (Slush's pool)
For smooth sailing, set it to a minimum of the hash rate in Gh/s.  Considering it's a 63Gh/s device (if you're lucky), 64 will do nicely.  If you set it lower you get more shares at lower difficulty but you're also putting unnecessary load on the servers.  If you set it higher you get fewer shares at higher difficulty but the variance apparent at the pool side will be higher.  It'll even out over longer stretches of time, regardless, but if you prefer smoother graphs, stick with the aforementioned.

please could you tell me the diameter and the hight of the U3
Gen 2 (Wire cage): 120mm diameter, 82mm height
No idea about the Gen 1 (Cylon case), doesn't seem like I kept figures around for it.

thanks very much
(I asked on an other topic too...and my question was banned by an moderator.)
Finally I have ordered an U2
for mining for the fun it will be good as well...

GriffinHeart (OP)

Hello there!

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:44:40 PM

Thanks for any input!

-Griffeh

A big question on this is are you wanting to mine where you are getting something in return PPS/other types of pools?  Or are you wanting to use it as a lotto miner?

I have some U3's as a lotto setup as I know they will not ROI.  I have them trying to solo a block.  Chances are it will never happen... but still a fun project.

I'm testing it out, learning all the settings that make it hum and buzz at full speed. I'm doing 244MhZ 800mV and it does a flat 60.0 Gh/s safely, once I iron out all the problems, I'll set it up on the magic lotto train to try and get 25 BTC in the sack, you never know! It's just sitting on my desk on some styrofoam. I do have some problems with it wanting brains every few days, just have to reconnect the bugger and it mines away perfectly.  Grin

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:54:55 PM

Thanks for any input!

-Griffeh

A big question on this is are you wanting to mine where you are getting something in return PPS/other types of pools?  Or are you wanting to use it as a lotto miner?

I have some U3's as a lotto setup as I know they will not ROI.  I have them trying to solo a block.  Chances are it will never happen... but still a fun project.

I'm testing it out, learning all the settings that make it hum and buzz at full speed. I'm doing 244MhZ 800mV and it does a flat 60.0 Gh/s safely, once I iron out all the problems, I'll set it up on the magic lotto train to try and get 25 BTC in the sack, you never know! It's just sitting on my desk on some styrofoam. I do have some problems with it wanting brains every few days, just have to reconnect the bugger and it mines away perfectly.  Grin

Right now I'm having good luck with 225.  Getting around  55 Gh/s.   It seems to go up and down some but I'm very happy with it right now.   

Still playing with my 3 to find best though.  I have found them fun to play with.
jmintuck02

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:10:47 AM

MIGHT Be a dumber question, but I have an Antminer U3 and getting a fair 59.3 on it. Not a helluva lot of variance.  After I reset the VCP driver, it hung on all afternoon after it dropped the driver 1-2 times before. I just feel it will be good.

I have reached payout level at a pool, now. Many blocks accepted and majority of shares accepted. I don't think that IS bad. I tend to think that so far, so good.

The ghs for the Antminer seems to be stated as 65 MAX, but I never overclocked and get 59 around. For what I have, I think it is pretty good for now.

clintonellis

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:54:15 AM

So ive been working and testing the perfect Freq and Voltage settings for these Antminer U3's as i own 3 as well as many larger machines.
Ive been developing this project for quite some time now and currently things are looking good and at the time of typing this its been 8 hours and all three are still mining away perfectly.

Each antminer is getting around 69Gh/s and spiking to a maximum of 74Gh/s not to bad for a little Ant U3.

https://i.imgur.com/BYzC2O7.jpg

http://imgur.com/x4DUsXJ

To receive these customs setting with full instructions please donate and i will PM you.
Setup is really basic and easy as i have done all the work all you need to do is copy and paste and change your pool settings and username ect.

In the guide i include settings for

F2Pool
Slush's Pool
BTCMP

but settings work with many others

Donate and receive your settings within 4 hours

12BvBYkNvYKrSU2de3pPQ7ziiGs4ePpF5Q
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: