Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A public plea to SealsWithClubs  (Read 8640 times)
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:43:52 PM

If the site is located in a jurisdiction which does not criminalize online poker, and the operator himself doesn't live in US, would that still be risky to the site operator?

Yes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-17355203

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 10:32:16 PM

Wow it's great to see this thread.  For those that don't know, I've been working with Freemoney for 10 months or so trying to solve the problems that the contributors in this thread have listed.  It is not an easy fix, and trust me the dedicated group of people (Freemoney first and foremost) that work on this project constantly are working towards these goals.

BTC acceptance with the general population is on the rise.  The poker players are mostly nerds, so they will be some of the first to adopt. 

I promise the BTC community I am helping out Seals in every way I can, and that the team together shares your vision.  After the WSOP we are going to get our asses back in high gear.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP:  please sign up for our beta affiliate program:  https://sealswithclubs.eu/affiliate-area/  and msg affiliates@sealswithclubs.eu with questions.  We need the BTC community to help us hard-core market our site.  If you own a darknet site, plz put our links up and get your 20% shipped to your Seals acct for play or withdraw to a hash of your choosing.

FYI I play the main event day 1C on Monday / wearing my BTC button / SealswithClubs patch as always.  If you are at the WSOP and see me ask me for a seals & BTC button!  I got tons.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 11:27:10 PM

Just wanted to say that I just joined and started playing for the first time, and I think the software is great.   Yes it could use more people. I personally got a couple people to start playing, that weren't even interested in Bitcoin itself but more for the poker aspect.  The future looks good.

I can't wait to play in the tourney tomorrow night.
illpoet

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:56:32 PM

i play on seals all the time. i'm so happy to be playin poker again! i think the market for online us poker play is ready to burst, and if ppl could just see how easy btc was to turn into money and products it would be incredible.

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:57:10 PM

i play on seals all the time. i'm so happy to be playin poker again! i think the market for online us poker play is ready to burst, and if ppl could just see how easy btc was to turn into money and products it would be incredible.

Are you "Fart" by any chance?

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:27:28 PM

Are you "Fart" by any chance?

He's 'illpoet' on seals.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 12:23:15 AM

The first person to make some bitcoin compatible software that's comparable to full-tilt/pokerstars/etc. will make a shed load of BTC.

The suggestion to get a GLBSE listing going is a good one -we could all invest and reap the rewards  Grin

Do we have enough skills in the community to pull this off and how much would it cost?

http://www.sbrforum.com/poker/software/

Apparently they want 75k for their source code.

illpoet

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:46:01 AM

thanks dooglus! yep i'm illpoet on seals. i keep the same username not so much bc i like it, but that way i nver forget it when i'm logging in.  seals is practically giving away bitcoins right now with all the bonus tournaments and freerolls! and i'm a total fish!

thank you.
xioustic

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

The Village Idiot

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 01:52:29 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 02:13:22 AM by xioustic

The first person to make some bitcoin compatible software that's comparable to full-tilt/pokerstars/etc. will make a shed load of BTC.

The suggestion to get a GLBSE listing going is a good one -we could all invest and reap the rewards  Grin

Do we have enough skills in the community to pull this off and how much would it cost?

I can make a comparable client in a month for a lot less than that using Python and PySide. That would mean cross-compatibility with other OS as well. Shit, in a few months I could probably learn enough Java to get the Python one ported over to Android. Android can already support QT interfaces (which is what PySide designs GUIs with) afaik.

Well, I'm not a designer, so maybe I'd probably need someone to draw me up mock interfaces to copy over for the GUI, but whoever is doing the web design for the current site would be a good enough candidate for that job. The client would interface with the current SealsWithClubs PokerMaven's server, so nothing on their end would even need to change.

I already sent over a proof-of-concept command line GUI for SwC to FreeMoney as I mentioned in my previous post here... Trust me, it's as simple as coding a GUI and hooking it up to that command-line backend. Coding a GUI that looks identical to PokerStars honestly can't be that hard... There's only a select few dialog-types, and each table is drawn based on a template.

This is not a 75k job. Well, unless you want to overhaul the server end as well (which seems to be working as fine as it can be...). That job would probably be best left up to a professional.

If you want a cost estimate on creating a PokerStars/FTP-like client:
For reference, I work part-time on-call for a construction company and make about 20-30k a year from it depending on how good the construction market is in California. I also go to school part-time. Employing ME for a few months would only take 5-15k. I'm sure there are better individuals cut out for the job than me. Check out outsourcing the client design to India, or get a private contractor to do it!

My guesstimate: 1k-1.5k project tops for an independent contractor who is well experienced to create the client. 3k if you want a client on iOS and Android as well.

General Donations Address: 1EqkqDhdG8hrxpU6sarA3JEqBd5DrLHPSA
Play Diablo III on the US Server? Buy Diablo III Gold with your BTC!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:17:14 AM

thanks dooglus! yep i'm illpoet on seals. i keep the same username not so much bc i like it, but that way i nver forget it when i'm logging in.  seals is practically giving away bitcoins right now with all the bonus tournaments and freerolls! and i'm a total fish!

It looks like I need a new place to play poker.  Smiley  I'll see you there...

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 08:23:25 AM

I can make a comparable client in a month for a lot less than that using Python and PySide. That would mean cross-compatibility with other OS as well. Shit, in a few months I could probably learn enough Java to get the Python one ported over to Android. Android can already support QT interfaces (which is what PySide designs GUIs with) afaik.

Well, I'm not a designer, so maybe I'd probably need someone to draw me up mock interfaces to copy over for the GUI, but whoever is doing the web design for the current site would be a good enough candidate for that job. The client would interface with the current SealsWithClubs PokerMaven's server, so nothing on their end would even need to change.

I already sent over a proof-of-concept command line GUI for SwC to FreeMoney as I mentioned in my previous post here... Trust me, it's as simple as coding a GUI and hooking it up to that command-line backend. Coding a GUI that looks identical to PokerStars honestly can't be that hard... There's only a select few dialog-types, and each table is drawn based on a template.

This is not a 75k job. Well, unless you want to overhaul the server end as well (which seems to be working as fine as it can be...). That job would probably be best left up to a professional.

If you want a cost estimate on creating a PokerStars/FTP-like client:
For reference, I work part-time on-call for a construction company and make about 20-30k a year from it depending on how good the construction market is in California. I also go to school part-time. Employing ME for a few months would only take 5-15k. I'm sure there are better individuals cut out for the job than me. Check out outsourcing the client design to India, or get a private contractor to do it!

My guesstimate: 1k-1.5k project tops for an independent contractor who is well experienced to create the client. 3k if you want a client on iOS and Android as well.

In my head is the perfect p-2-p client server gaming product.  If there is someone that can Zuckerberg out what is in my head we will make it rain.

Seal Team 6 needs 1 or 2 more badass coders and it's on.  I just busted main event and I promise this is my main focus going forward.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
illpoet

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 04:49:35 PM

Yes it could use more people. I personally got a couple people to start playing, that weren't even interested in Bitcoin itself but more for the poker aspect. 

yeah i have got a few non btc poker ppl to play. i think thats where the future lies.  what i did was front a few work buddies .25 btc worth of chips each. that gives them 5 entries into the half hour 100 bonus tournament.  even a marginal player can win/place 1 in 5 to keep afloat, there definately isn't the competition that there is for the big btc.  So far it seems to work and more ppl at work have asked for the site addy. of course those buttholes are from another shift, so they can buy their own damnd btc. 

thank you.
xioustic

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

The Village Idiot

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:53:16 PM

Yes it could use more people. I personally got a couple people to start playing, that weren't even interested in Bitcoin itself but more for the poker aspect. 

yeah i have got a few non btc poker ppl to play. i think thats where the future lies.  what i did was front a few work buddies .25 btc worth of chips each. that gives them 5 entries into the half hour 100 bonus tournament.  even a marginal player can win/place 1 in 5 to keep afloat, there definately isn't the competition that there is for the big btc.  So far it seems to work and more ppl at work have asked for the site addy. of course those buttholes are from another shift, so they can buy their own damnd btc. 
I've done similar with my poker playing friends. If they need BTC, I'll sell it to them in cash. Grin

General Donations Address: 1EqkqDhdG8hrxpU6sarA3JEqBd5DrLHPSA
Play Diablo III on the US Server? Buy Diablo III Gold with your BTC!
illpoet

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:14:28 AM

yeah xiou, all it took for me was to buy some chips off a friend in cash then word got out and now everyone wants in! (lol i got a few btc out of him at a rlly good rate too!)

thank you.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:11:51 AM

In my head is the perfect p-2-p client server gaming product.  If there is someone that can Zuckerberg out what is in my head we will make it rain.

Seal Team 6 needs 1 or 2 more badass coders and it's on.  I just busted main event and I promise this is my main focus going forward.

Micon, I would also like to help with this.  I don't know much about coding, but I am logical, know basic programming, am a poker player, and also I am physically near by (in Vegas, and actually friends with guys at the studio behind the Palms), so if I can be of assistance to Seals or DD in some fashion, let me know.  I've also been tossing around in my head the logistics of a p2p poker protocol and would be very interested in hearing what you've fleshed out, logistically speaking.

Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:27:32 PM

In my head is the perfect p-2-p client server gaming product.  If there is someone that can Zuckerberg out what is in my head we will make it rain.

Seal Team 6 needs 1 or 2 more badass coders and it's on.  I just busted main event and I promise this is my main focus going forward.

Micon, I would also like to help with this.  I don't know much about coding, but I am logical, know basic programming, am a poker player, and also I am physically near by (in Vegas, and actually friends with guys at the studio behind the Palms), so if I can be of assistance to Seals or DD in some fashion, let me know.  I've also been tossing around in my head the logistics of a p2p poker protocol and would be very interested in hearing what you've fleshed out, logistically speaking.

get my cell from the guys behind Palms / always willing to listen to a real guy that wants to help out Seals / DD  Smiley

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:38:27 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 04:08:37 PM by 01BTC10

I'm a recently retired pro online poker player that played full time for 5 years. I can tell that the poker client and most importantly the advertisement campaign are both keys to a successful poker website. The Seal With Clubs poker client is ugly and inefficient for multi-tabling. They could also try to put some banner or at least start a support/suggestion thread on http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com Wink

EDIT: I would gladly buy some share on GLBSE.
Daily Anarchist (OP)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 05:51:15 PM

I'm a recently retired pro online poker player that played full time for 5 years. I can tell that the poker client and most importantly the advertisement campaign are both keys to a successful poker website. The Seal With Clubs poker client is ugly and inefficient for multi-tabling. They could also try to put some banner or at least start a support/suggestion thread on http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com Wink

EDIT: I would gladly buy some share on GLBSE.

+1 Finally some vindication!

I hate to say it but it sounds like Infiniti Poker is going to destroy SWC market cap once they come online, because they'll be offering buyins and cashouts in bitcoin.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 06:51:50 PM

I've made a thread on 2+2, they remove them unless you pay a fairly large amount in advertising fees. Some of my posts have been removed from other generic bitcoin threads and some stay.

If other people really want to talk about it over there I'm sure something will stick eventually, so please try. And point us to it.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:08:35 PM

Wow this is sad  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: