Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:36:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Finally, Bitcoin withdrawals to PayPal from BitInstant!  (Read 11216 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 10:39:14 PM

Hello Community,

As of today, you can fund your PayPal account with Bitcoins.

This service has been long-needed in Bitcoin World and now anyone holding Bitcoins can immediately get them converted to USD and placed in their PayPal account.

Step 1) Sell your coins at Gox, BitStamp, BTC-E, or Crypto, and withdraw a USD coupon.

Step 2) Visit BitInstant.com, select Coupon as the "Pay from" and PayPal as the "Pay to"

Step 3)  Fill out the account info, complete the process, and voila!

Orders are processed by our partner Virtual World Services GmbH and the Paypal funds will arrive from them. There is a 6% total fee for the service, which includes the PayPal fee.

Note: Our system will automatically flag a first-time withdrawal for a quick manual review. We check to see if the PayPal address is blacklisted, fraud, or mistyped. Usually, this can range from a few minutes to 12 hours (possibly longer on weekends). On subsequent withdrawals to PayPal, no manual review is needed and funds will appear within a few minutes.

For most transfers, the fee is 6% including Paypal fees. We've partnered up with Virtual World Services GmbH in order to make this possible, since they have a virtual currency approved account with Paypal. The Paypal and middleman fees we are required to pay per transfer are over 4.5%, for this reason we charge 6%.

Fast and easy Bitcoin payments to PayPal! Give it a try!

-The BitInstant Team

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:42:18 PM

Thanks. I don't understand withdrawal process for international transfer and I am afraid. I am still afraid of paypal but thanks for letting me risk my money.

mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Why the multiple threads?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

People tend to think that by posting on the "Bitcoin Discussion" board will get them more views.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 10:48:24 PM

A better option has arisen for me in the meantime (lower fees), but still, I am dang glad you are offering this!  It's about time someone did!
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 10:51:41 PM

A better option has arisen for me in the meantime (lower fees), but still, I am dang glad you are offering this!  It's about time someone did!

Yup, we understand this is a more 'premium' service, for those needing to cash out quickly and small amounts.

We're working on much cheaper withdrawal options, however we figured since everyone is having withdrawal issues we'd launch this ASAP

-Charlie

People tend to think that by posting on the "Bitcoin Discussion" board will get them more views.

Sorry, I didnt realize I made 2 threads. Feel free to delete the other one.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:11:45 PM

Sorry, I didnt realize I made 2 threads. Feel free to delete the other one.

I can't delete it. Also, it's the other one that is posted on the correct board. Smiley
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 11:55:21 PM

As far as I know Paypal charges fees on receiving end.

You've mentioned that part of 6% is paypal's fee, does that mean paypal's receiving account will not pay any additional paypal fee  on their end?  And if so could you please point to paypal's terms where they explain charging fees on sender's side instead of receiving and who is eligible for it. Thanks.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:07:18 AM

You've mentioned that part of 6% is paypal's fee, does that mean paypal's receiving account will not pay any additional paypal fee  on their end?  And if so could you please point to paypal's terms where they explain charging fees on sender's side instead of receiving and who is eligible for it. Thanks.

I know of a case where the sender pays the fees. It's called "Mass Pay". Maybe that's what they're using.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:13:52 AM

oh yeah, i forgot about mass pay function. hopefully Virtual World Services GmbH won't be sending single transactions through mass pay feature - else that would be quickly limited by paypal, i know it from first hand experience ))  on the other hand it looks like transactions will be processed almost instantly, which i'm not sure how they could utilize mass pay in this case unless they have multiple transactions going at any given moment in time - even then, paypal could potentially limit it to once a day  if they feel mass pay is being abused
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:21:41 AM

This new service is a welcome addition to the community.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Jointops420

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:26:09 AM

You guys are on fire with what you are doing for btc, I doubt if I will need this service but I bet there are many who will. The more options the better methinks, I hope you can get some services in Australia sometime too.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:29:58 AM

another question
what will receiving account in paypal be seeing on transaction's label/description? will there be any mention of word 'bitcoin'?
CA Coins
Donator

Activity: 305

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:30:55 AM

Sounds like a good service.  Good luck!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:31:54 AM

Step 1) Sell your coins at Gox, BitStamp, BTC-E, or Crypto, and withdraw a USD coupon.
Are there any plans to automate this step in the future and just let people give you the Bitcoins directly?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 12:56:46 AM

Wow!! Congratulations and good job finding an approved partner! Would it be allowed to use this service to say, pay other people? Or only to fund ones own paypal account?

I think this service will be useful for many, especially if you can lower that fee.

Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 01:27:59 AM

Good questions all around!

Sure, we are using Mass Pay, however since the Paypal account is a European one Paypal charges 2% on this transaction

Are there any plans to automate this step in the future and just let people give you the Bitcoins directly?

Yes, we're planning on integrating with Paysius so we can accept Bitcoin directly.

another question
what will receiving account in paypal be seeing on transaction's label/description? will there be any mention of word 'bitcoin'?

The funds will come from 'Virtual World Services GmbH'.
They have been using Paypal for withdrawals for over 5 years, and they are (as far as our research tells us) the only approved virtual currency account.

SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 01:51:46 AM

So the 6% is all inclusive of fees? Just want to be sure, I give a BTC-E USD code
for $100 and I will receive net $96.00 in my PayPal account?

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:54:45 AM

"Virtual World Services GmbH" is going to be rich as fuck pretty soon, if they aren't already. At least until PayPal boots them out.

Let's bet: How long until they are forced to cease operations that are even slightly Bitcoin related? I give them 4 months, tops.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:58:57 AM

So the 6% is all inclusive of fees? Just want to be sure, I give a BTC-E USD code
for $100 and I will receive net $96.00 in my PayPal account?

Last I checked 6% of $100 was $6, so I'd expect $94.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: