Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FastCash4Bitcoins Support Thread  (Read 94577 times)
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 09:20:35 PM

Ok so got my check today.Was @ the BOA,before 2pm.Gave the BOA person the check,swiped my ID.Ran the check through, then called what I think was her manager.Manager said whats the check for,job,do you have a bank accnt here or other,(nobank accnt. sales commission).Ok she said,let me call the bank up to verify the check.Afer 10min. she comes back and tells me the banks closed(The BOA that issued the check),to come back mon.Hopefully all goes smoothly monday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xioustic

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

The Village Idiot

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:26:45 AM

Ok so got my check today.Was @ the BOA,before 2pm.Gave the BOA person the check,swiped my ID.Ran the check through, then called what I think was her manager.Manager said whats the check for,job,do you have a bank accnt here or other,(nobank accnt. sales commission).Ok she said,let me call the bank up to verify the check.Afer 10min. she comes back and tells me the banks closed(The BOA that issued the check),to come back mon.Hopefully all goes smoothly monday.

I'm chiming in because your username suggests you live in the same state I did, and I have some experience dealing with helping employees turn their checks into cash.

I work (on call, part-time) for a construction company in the Bay Area of CA. I know for a fact some of the people we have as laborers are not legal citizens and are running on fake SSNs/ID cards.

We still pay them by check, and they still manage to cash out at the check cashing places. We bank with Bank of America but they usually do not go to Bank of America to get their cut. Our legal machine operators without bank accounts (or with bank levies) will cashout at Bank of America, but they're used to running into trouble that way until the local branch gets to know them. A lot of our guys run cash-only.

If you can avoid going cash-only, handling checks becomes a lot easier:

Open an Ally (online-only) account and deposit the check by scanning it. I've deposited all my payroll/private checks for at least 8 months like this. Chase has a similar feature that allows you to take a picture using your phone as a substitute check. USAA Credit Union has the ability to receive scanned checks and deposit them.

Bank of America and Chase both allow deposits by check at most of their ATMs. The ATMs just feed the check, scan it, verify the scan information with you, and then deposit it.

Anything that keeps you from having to deal with a teller is preferred IMO, and that's only possible if you use a bank that will handle the check for you.

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to avoid using a Bank Branch of your own though (going cash-only), which I understand, but you may end up running into a lot of hassle that way. You'll HAVE to deal with a teller then. That hassle is not TangibleCrypto's fault, it's the nature of how U.S. banks are run. Check cashing places taking a fee or having to hope that the BofA branch you're at will cash the check without messing with you is the nature of the beast.

As long as the check drawn to you is valid TC has rendered you payment. I'm almost certain that's the case. Smiley

I think the reason your BofA didn't cash your check on-the-spot was because they have never seen you before, it's unusual for someone they haven't seen before to outright cash (not deposit) a check, it's probably an out-of-state check, and they want to double-check that the check was legitimately (not fraudulently) written from an account that has funds available. The manager wanting to make a call as a result of all these factors probably is not very unusual.

General Donations Address: 1EqkqDhdG8hrxpU6sarA3JEqBd5DrLHPSA
Play Diablo III on the US Server? Buy Diablo III Gold with your BTC!
TangibleCryptography (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 01:15:38 AM

Well personally I am kinda annoyed at BofA; J.Socal paid extra for a cashier's check.  The funds were already removed from our company account at the time the check was cut.  Bank Of America records payee name, amount, and check number into their system which is why I recommended he go to a Bank Of America branch.  There was no need for his branch manager to need to call the branch that wrote the check.  Maybe he was being extra cautious, maybe he was short the cash ( Smiley ) either way it is poor customer service on the part of the bank.

J Socal I am sure it will be resolved Monday when they can call the local branch.  It was just bad timing that our branch was closed at the time.  Once we get this resolved I will give you a credit on your next sale in compensation for your wasted time.  That may be how Bank Of America does business but it certainly isn't how Tangible Cryptography intends to do business.

As long as the check drawn to you is valid TC has rendered you payment. I'm almost certain that's the case.

I am glad you have faith in our checks.   Just want to clarify that in this instance it is a check from Bank Of America (not us) to J Socal so there shouldn't have been any problem at all.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 01:35:32 AM

Most Popular payout method by number of sales: PayPal (38% of payouts).

I wonder if that is because the supply of Dwolla funds wasn't always sufficient?

We probably did lose some potential Dwolla orders due to not having enough available funds.  One thing I would clarify is that while PayPal is the most popular in number of sales ranked by total funds paid it is second to last (only bank wire had less funds paid out).  We paid out over twice as much by Dwolla than PayPal.

PayPal payouts tended to be smaller possibly being used for a specific purpose.  That is one reason why the lowered the limit.
xioustic

The Village Idiot

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:55:38 AM

Well personally I am kinda annoyed at BofA; J.Socal paid extra for a cashier's check.

I didn't realize this was a cashier's check that was giving him an issue; that's literally a check that can't bounce. That's ridiculous that they're giving him the runaround til the weekend is over.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 06:51:02 AM

Update:
Overnight ACH added to bank transfer options.  

If you opt for a payout by bank transfer you now have three delivery choices
  • Normal ACH (3 to 5 business day delivery) - always free
  • Overnight ACH (1 business day delivery) - $10 fee deducted from sale total
  • Bank Wire (same day delivery) - $25 fee deducted from sales total

Important details on bank transfers:
Cutoff for bank transfer is 5PM EST.  If your sale settles (6 confirmations) prior to 5PM EST it will be included in the batch for the current day.  If your trade settles after 5PM EST, on a weekend, or bank holiday it will be included in the batch for the next business day.  We strongly encourage including a fee of 0.002 BTC when depositing to increase the likelihood of your transaction being included in the next block.  Your bank may impose additional delays in making funds available.  We can only control when funds are delivered to your receiving bank.  When the funds are actually credited to your account will depend on your local bank's fund availability policy.  Not all bank accounts are able to receive incoming wires and your bank may charge a fee.  It is your responsibility to ensure the suitability of bank wire before opting for that payout option.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 07:01:23 AM

Now might be a good time to provide some expanded information of ACH (Direct Deposit).   Banks submit all ACH transactions after the cutoff for the day.  Thus it doesn't matter if your ACH is submitted by us at 5AM or 5PM.  In both case the originating bank submits a single batch at the end of the day to the ACH network.   The day the bank transmits the outgoing ACH is day 0.  The next business day will be day 1.  The receiving bank will post to the receiving account on the 3rd to 5th day.  We can offer overnight ACH because we request that our originating bank take out a short duration loan with the receiving bank to pay the sale and the ACH settles the loan between the banks 3 to 5 days later.

You may be wondering why does ACH take three to five days.   The honest truth is there is no technical reason.  ACH could happen within hours (possibly even seconds) at negligible cost to either institution.  The reality is banks profit from the float (the amount of funds unavailable to customers but available to banks every day) and that is why it probably will never be improved.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 01:12:36 AM

Funding Update:
Dwolla funding still hasn't posted.  Should be reloaded tomorrow.
PayPal funding still available but is low (under $1K).  Will be reloaded by mid week.
Primary account is low (under $2K) but will be able to handle larger payouts tomorrow (waiting on some late day wires to clear).
J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:45:57 AM

All went good,got my $...

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:46:47 PM

All went good,got my $...

Glad to hear it.  PM sent about compensation for your difficulties.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 03:08:50 PM

Update:  Good and bad news for Dwolla fans.  
The good news, a small Dwolla deposit cleared so Dwolla payout option is enabled.
The bad news, our large Dwolla transfer which we expected on Monday had its clearing date "magically" change from 7/9 to 7/12.

I guess our bag of money fell off the ACH truck? Huh
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:23:24 PM

The bad news, our large Dwolla transfer which we expected on Monday had its clearing date "magically" change from 7/9 to 7/12.

Why does this not shock me?  Banks have always been in charge so they do what they want.  Maybe in my lifetime I will see that change.  It isn't likely but we can hope, right?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 06:52:39 PM

Funding Update (07/10/2012 3PM EST):
Primary account funding high (all payout amount up to max available)
Dwolla funding low ~$1K  (reloading ETA 06/12)
PayPal funding exhausted (reloading ETA 06/11)

Due to the price activity it has been a busy day. Smiley
xioustic

The Village Idiot

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:54:31 PM

Update:  Good and bad news for Dwolla fans.  
The good news, a small Dwolla deposit cleared so Dwolla payout option is enabled.

Just wanted to say, thank you so much for keeping us all updated on here. Really keeps me confident in your service.

DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 02:59:10 PM

Am I imagining things, or did you guys just slightly increase the % difference between your ask price and the Mt. Gox ask?

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 03:24:29 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 10:09:34 PM by TangibleCryptography

Am I imagining things, or did you guys just slightly increase the % difference between your ask price and the Mt. Gox ask?

Our margin is dynamic.  We built a pricing model which calculates a discount from the MtGox last price based on a variety of factors.  The most important factor being that you can't get funds out of MtGox, at least not in a timely manner.  If we were to sell on MtGox we could get a slightly better price and thus offer a better price but then we would exhaust our funds, and need to stop buying.   It would be a roughly 14 to 21 days for a "bank wire" to crawl its way to our account before starting the process all over again.  We have tried using MtGox in the past but they are simply too unreliable are not concerned about the almost month long delays they cause in cashflow.

So the pricing model looks at the spread between MtGox and other exchanges. As that spread widens so does our margin. It also looks at volatility and the change in volatility.  Lastly it considers our available cash relative to unsold bitcoins.  All of that is abstracted into a single price that we are willing to buy at.  If we are buying at $7.00 and that is 3.5% less than MtGox it simply means right now this second, this trade we are buying at $7.00.  We may be trading at more less than a 3.5% discount to MtGox in the future.

The good news is that we are selling more of our coins directly to large buyers and over time that should translate into lower average margin and better cashflow.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:07:15 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 11:40:12 PM by TangibleCryptography

Bitcoiners you (almost) ran us out of funds again.  I will post some stats this evening but we passed the 25,000 BTC mark.  25,000 bitcoins in two weeks.  Our clients rock!  I think we need need to set up some promotion for the customer who sells us the 100,000th bitcoin.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:30:03 PM

Bitcoiners you (almost) ran us out of funds again.  I will post some stats this evening but we passed the 25,000 BTC mark.  25,000 bitcoins in two weeks.  Our clients rock!  I think we need need to set up some promotion for the customer who sells us the 100,000th bitcoin.
How about a huge flashing banner ad across all the pages on the site? Grin just kidding of course

I'm glad most of the internet has gotten rid of that shit, or maybe it's just my ad blocker working correctly.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Nyhm

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 01:22:30 PM

I noticed yesterday that all the max payout values were $0.00. Congratulations - glad to hear how popular your service is. (You've probably already considered putting a little note on the service when this happens next time, to inform potential customers of the situation. Strangely, in my opinion, it would _build_ customer confidence that you've exhausted your funds!)

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:54:49 PM

I noticed yesterday that all the max payout values were $0.00. Congratulations - glad to hear how popular your service is. (You've probably already considered putting a little note on the service when this happens next time, to inform potential customers of the situation. Strangely, in my opinion, it would _build_ customer confidence that you've exhausted your funds!)

Yes I agree the current interface isn't exactly clear.  Initially the site removed options when they were out of funds but that isn't clear to the user either (hey I thought you guys paid out by PayPal it is missing from the dropdown).  

Improved UI is on the todo list.  Most of my professional development experience is backend processing and the site reflects that.  It is very secure (both for users and for us) and the data model makes problems in processing unlikely and recoverable but the site could certainly use an "improved user experience".

Dwolla reports funding should be complete today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: