Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FastCash4Bitcoins Support Thread  (Read 94577 times)
TangibleCryptography (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 12:21:45 AM

Update:

So PayPal didn't credit our deposit today which is why the site still indicates no funds.  Sometimes their estimate is not correct and there isn't much we can do but wait.  Will provide an update once PayPal funds are available.

I should have known PayPal would make me look like a fool.  No sooner did I post this and the funds clear.  PayPal funds available!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:30:36 PM

Request: make it more obvious why "place order" doesn't work. Highlight "out of funds" in red or something"
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 11:57:51 PM

Request: make it more obvious why "place order" doesn't work. Highlight "out of funds" in red or something"

New version with simplified and improved sales page coming out late tonight or maybe tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 12:02:59 AM

Update: Apparently a "little" snow delayed our silver bullion.  It should be available Friday.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 07:36:25 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2013, 07:47:37 PM by TangibleCryptography

Update:

In an attempt to improve accuracy, while still supporting payments by both ACH and Bank Wires we are giving clients the ability to indicate more than one routing number when entering or updating their bank information. 

Banks like to make everything confusing but ACH (Direct Deposit) and Bank Wires have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  They are two totally incompatible systems.  Some banks will use the same routing number for both systems but many banks have a dedicated routing number just for bank wires.  We can't pay you unless you give us the correct information.  The new site should make is easier to keep routing numbers straight.

How can I find out what routing number to use?
Well there are 600 banks and CU in the US alone and FedWire reports over 82,000 active routing numbers.  The simple answer is we can't tell you.  However you bank should know.  In most instances the ACH (Direct Deposit) routing number is the same as the number on your check.  Most banks use a different routing number of Bank Wires but some use the same routing number for both networks.  The best option is to just check with your bank.  Either go to your bank's homepage and enter "routing numbers" or "wire instructions" in the search box or call your bank's customer support.  If you are trying to find your bank's Bank Wire routing number be sure to only use the words "Bank Wire" when searching or talking to customer support.  Bank Wire has an exact specific meaning in the banking industry.  Using generic terms like "fund transfer" or "deposit" is likely to get you incorrect information.

My routing number disappeared from my profile.  What happened?
When we split the bank records if we could determine the type of routing number we populated the correct field.  To avoid potential issues if the type of routing number could not be determined we did not populate it.  You will need to update your profile before you can place an order with a payment by ACH or Bank Wire.

Wait I can confused what field do I need to use?  Do I need to enter them both?  What if I don't know the Bank Wire routing number[/b]
You only need to populate the information for the payment option you wish to use.

If you only want to be paid by ACH then just enter the ACH routing number (Bank Wires will be blocked as a payment option).
If you only want to be paid by Bank Wire then just enter the Bank Wire routing number (ACH will be blocked as a payment option).
If you want to be able to use both payment options then enter both routing numbers.
If your bank uses the same routing number for both networks then enter the same number in both fields.

What happens if I enter the wrong routing number?
Similar to incorrectly addressed postal mail, the fund transfer should return and we will be notified that the transfer failed.  Depending on bank policies this can take up to 5 business days.  The site will now show what we have as the name of the bank for that routing number and prevent using incorrect/invalid routing numbers.

Why the hell do banks have two totally different and incompatible networks to do essentially the same thing?
Well that is a very good question.  Answer ... banks.

As a courtesy here is a list of links we have found researching bank related issues.  The links are provided as is, we take no responsibility for inaccurate information.

Bank Of America
ACH & Bank Wire Routing Numbers

Wells Fargo
ACH & Bank Wire Routing Numbers

TD Bank
ACH Routing Numbers Wire Routing Numbers

PNC Bank
ACH Routing Numbers
Wire Routing Numbers
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:30:29 AM

When will your service exchange money for bitcoins? will be nice to know a trusted exchanger since many of them disappear.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 09:29:50 PM

When will your service exchange money for bitcoins? will be nice to know a trusted exchanger since many of them disappear.

We do business with a number of large buyers, and they cover our liquidity needs pretty well.  So for now we are concentrating on the sell side of the system.   It is a long term goal to offer retail solutions to both sides of the equation.  There is no timeline and there is a lot more we can do to develop this solution first.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:29:58 AM

All payment options reloaded.  Dwolla funds are low but will be reloaded on 02/19.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 06:08:52 AM

Hi, I want to buy about 20 BTC or 500 USD equivalent. Can you ask which of your large buyers are selling BTC in small amounts like mine? Located in Philippines, so can do bank checks (cheques) or wire transfers.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 01:38:18 PM

Hi, I want to buy about 20 BTC or 500 USD equivalent. Can you ask which of your large buyers are selling BTC in small amounts like mine? Located in Philippines, so can do bank checks (cheques) or wire transfers.

Sorry no.  You may have better luck in OTC or creating a new thread in the currency exchange forum.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:20:33 PM

Bank funds are available again.  A large number of orders overnight tripped our "circuit breaker".  It exists to prevent a scenario where we go long thousands of bitcoins right at the peak of the day. 

Had to digest some of those coins and we are ready to buy more.
BkkCoins

Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 12:09:36 AM

I experienced a couple of "You broke the Intertubes" on your web site today. I have to say I first thought that your site had been hacked and I was worried since you have my ACH info. I'm not sure the big blue screen with seemingly fake core dump stuff is the way to go here. Frankly, it was a bit frightening.

I think the issue was caused by not choosing a payment method before adding a sell amount. Once I checked that and chose a method it worked ok. But if I clicked on update when not havign chosen a method I got your BSOD message.

edit: there seems to be a bug in the order screen as well. When I enter bitcoin amount it calculates how many $$ I will receive. But if I click Update and the rate has changed it alters how many I want to sell to keep the same $$ value received. That's backwards. I don't want to receive that amount - I want to sell a certain amount.

After I click Create Order it created an order with an incorrect Bitcoin amount. It reduced the qty bitcoin. I'm not sure why. Maybe the rate changed? But I know I wanted to sell X BTC and it created an order for X-0.00074. I didn't wait long either, just a few seconds.

If the rate is going to affect an order it ought not to change the sell amount but the received amount.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 03:02:15 AM

I experienced a couple of "You broke the Intertubes" on your web site today. I have to say I first thought that your site had been hacked and I was worried since you have my ACH info. I'm not sure the big blue screen with seemingly fake core dump stuff is the way to go here. Frankly, it was a bit frightening.

Noted and understood.  Will change to a less humourous error page probably within the next couple days.

I think the issue was caused by not choosing a payment method before adding a sell amount. Once I checked that and chose a method it worked ok. But if I clicked on update when not havign chosen a method I got your BSOD message.

Thanks for the specific error report.  This bug should be fixed now.  Let me know if you encounter any other crashes in the sell screen.

edit: there seems to be a bug in the order screen as well. When I enter bitcoin amount it calculates how many $$ I will receive. But if I click Update and the rate has changed it alters how many I want to sell to keep the same $$ value received. That's backwards. I don't want to receive that amount - I want to sell a certain amount.  After I click Create Order it created an order with an incorrect Bitcoin amount. It reduced the qty bitcoin. I'm not sure why. Maybe the rate changed? But I know I wanted to sell X BTC and it created an order for X-0.00074. I didn't wait long either, just a few seconds.

Yeah I am not particularly happy with the setup.  The issue is a number of customers have asked for the exact opposite.  They want $250.00 going to their PayPal account or want a bank wire in a specific USD amount.  I will take a closer look but it may require a radio option "Sell this amount of BTC" vs " Pay me this amount of USD".  Otherwise trying to determine the intent of the user is problematic at best. 

As for it changing the amount as you hit submit that is due to the price changing.  I probably will move to a x minute moving average for quotes which should remove some of the volatility.  That will require some more extensive testing on the development server though.  Also as the exchange rate increases in price I probably will round in the users favor to a smaller number of BTC digits.  i.e. sell 10.1 instead of 10.12345 BTC.  We have a comfortable margin so rounding in the users favor should improve the experience without cutting into profits.

TL/DR: the criticism is well deserved and I will work to improve the user experience.  I guess I could put a "beta" on the homepage but given Bitcoin is an experimental currency well that just seems overly redundant. Smiley

BkkCoins

Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 12:27:11 PM

Thanks for the thorough reply.

You might consider if you can determine the "price mode" by which value the user first enters. ie. If I click on BTC first and enter there then the BTC is the fixed value, but if I click on USD and enter there that becomes fixed. Which means that the first time it has to check which field is zero and set a mode flag.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 03:08:09 PM

Thanks for the thorough reply.

You might consider if you can determine the "price mode" by which value the user first enters. ie. If I click on BTC first and enter there then the BTC is the fixed value, but if I click on USD and enter there that becomes fixed. Which means that the first time it has to check which field is zero and set a mode flag.

Good point.  I was too tired last night.  That seems like it would work well, I will look into that. 

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Update:
Bank (check, ACH, Wires) funds available again (tripped circuit breaker last night).

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 04:01:22 PM

Update:
Dwolla funds reloaded.
nimda

Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:31:15 PM

Check just arrived! Still very satisfied with FastCash4Bitcoins.

The link in my signature is an endorsement, not a paid advertisement.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 10:47:36 PM

Update: We just purchased our 250,000th BTC.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 09:38:06 PM

Update:
Very solid sales volume this weekend.
I made more bank funds available.
Dwolla funds are low but more funds should be available on Tuesday.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: