Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Review] Spondoolies SP20E Jackson review by 2GOOD  (Read 7995 times)
Trends

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 12:48:35 AM

Excellent review,
I raise my glass of Christmas cheer to you,
Thanks

Trends

Quadriga CX BTC/CAD Coin Exchange     www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=umvq5t3i2r6im243v94vucbo
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
idonothave

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:00:27 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PM by idonothave

Hello,
I suppose You have tested also setting more than 288W per unit. Would You please tell me if it is safe if PSU is good enough?

edit: I realized that it is impossible to set higher value then 288W
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:46:04 PM

I got my SP20 a little later after some problems with the Customs, not believing that I can get something for free.

You have to love bureaucracy and the pessimistic nature of those that work there.

Kudos on a great review!
2GOOD (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:20:40 PM

Xвaлa нa тaквиз пoтpeбитeли
Бpaвo 2GOOD:)

Блaгoдapя Smiley

You can find the Bulgarian version here: [Peвю] Spondoolies SP20E Jackson

Youngbill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:07:32 PM

2Good,

Can you tell me where you got the power cables from?  If you made them from parts could you tell me where and what parts you bought? Thanks so much!  The cables I'm using now get very warm.

Bill
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:50:48 AM

2Good,

Can you tell me where you got the power cables from?  If you made them from parts could you tell me where and what parts you bought? Thanks so much!  The cables I'm using now get very warm.

Bill

i always use 14awg or above these days

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:29:16 PM

14awg Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
where do u get your connectors? cause the cable is more than perfect but the connector is the weak point
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

14awg Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
where do u get your connectors? cause the cable is more than perfect but the connector is the weak point

usually ebay

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
2GOOD (OP)

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:12:34 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2016, 01:10:04 AM by 2GOOD

2Good,

Can you tell me where you got the power cables from?  If you made them from parts could you tell me where and what parts you bought? Thanks so much!  The cables I'm using now get very warm.

Bill

Cables are 1.5 mm2 copper, bought from the local electrical store. The connectors are actually 8pin and I had to modify them to fit also from the local store.
In AWG that makes 16 or 15. I wanted to use 2 mm2 but it's too thick to fit the connector, anyway IMO 1.5 is ok,
The alloy of the wire is important too, also I soldered mine to the connectors for less resistance/heat

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:29:21 AM

myminer.io which re-directs to spondoolies-tech.com / sails ORM finds your miners for you. how often do these miners phone home and what information is being sent ?

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 08:13:36 PM

myminer.io which re-directs to spondoolies-tech.com / sails ORM finds your miners for you. how often do these miners phone home and what information is being sent ?
* Device ID
* LAN address
* External (WAN) address
* Firmware version

It can be disabled in settings.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:23:28 PM

* Device ID
* LAN address
* External (WAN) address
* Firmware version

once on initial firmware, my SP20 periodically connected by itself to something called BusyBox, which from the looks of it was some automated SPT program.
It (connection or call upon) only occurred when apparently something was going wrong with the miner. I did not mind because connections like this probably help SPT to improve the software, but to see the connection was entertaining: "ET called home".
I wonder if someone else saw the BusyBox making an appearance.
I haven't seen it since 2.5.50ish, but did not look too closely because hashing is OK.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:27:13 AM

* Device ID
* LAN address
* External (WAN) address
* Firmware version

once on initial firmware, my SP20 periodically connected by itself to something called BusyBox, which from the looks of it was some automated SPT program.
It (connection or call upon) only occurred when apparently something was going wrong with the miner. I did not mind because connections like this probably help SPT to improve the software, but to see the connection was entertaining: "ET called home".
I haven't seen it since 2.5.50ish, but did not look too closely because hashing is OK.

Busybox :
BusyBox: The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux

BusyBox combines tiny versions of many common UNIX utilities into a single small executable. It provides replacements for most of the utilities you usually find in GNU fileutils, shellutils, etc. The utilities in BusyBox generally have fewer options than their full-featured GNU cousins; however, the options that are included provide the expected functionality and behave very much like their GNU counterparts. BusyBox provides a fairly complete environment for any small or embedded system.

BusyBox has been written with size-optimization and limited resources in mind. It is also extremely modular so you can easily include or exclude commands (or features) at compile time. This makes it easy to customize your embedded systems. To create a working system, just add some device nodes in /dev, a few configuration files in /etc, and a Linux kernel.

BusyBox is maintained by Denys Vlasenko, and licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 2.

Nothing to worry about

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:02:05 AM

* Device ID
* LAN address
* External (WAN) address
* Firmware version

Busybox :
BusyBox: The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux

BusyBox combines tiny versions of many common UNIX utilities into a single small executable. It provides replacements for most of the utilities you usually find in GNU fileutils, shellutils, etc. The utilities in BusyBox generally have fewer options than their full-featured GNU cousins; however, the options that are included provide the expected functionality and behave very much like their GNU counterparts. BusyBox provides a fairly complete environment for any small or embedded system.

BusyBox has been written with size-optimization and limited resources in mind. It is also extremely modular so you can easily include or exclude commands (or features) at compile time. This makes it easy to customize your embedded systems. To create a working system, just add some device nodes in /dev, a few configuration files in /etc, and a Linux kernel.

BusyBox is maintained by Denys Vlasenko, and licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 2.

Nothing to worry about

got it, so this is some kind of internal system utility that is being called upon when needed, not external.
obfuscated

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:40:53 PM

Excellent review.  Thanks!

I'm having the issue with my SP20 where the back chips are getting much hotter than the front ones.  You mentioned you can set lower start voltage for them and limit the power for unit 2 and 4 to reduce the heat.  If you have done this can you show me a screenshot of your settings or maybe provide an example?

mavericklm

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:23:57 PM

my settings:

Start Voltage    0.68 / 0.68 / 0.68 / 0.68
Max Voltage    0.74
Max Watts    255 / 245 / 255 / 245

notice the 255w and 245w

Max PSU Power Unit 1 (70W - 288W) set this one higher
Max PSU Power Unit 2 (70W - 288W) set this one lower
Max PSU Power Unit 3 (70W - 288W) set this one higher
Max PSU Power Unit 4 (70W - 288W) set this one lower

play with the 4 settings until you get your desired temps! good luck!
obfuscated

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:11:40 PM

Thanks mavericklm,

Is this how the power units relate to each loop?

Power Unit 1 = LOOP[0]
Power Unit 2 = LOOP[1]
Power Unit 3 = LOOP[2]
Power Unit 4 = LOOP[3]
mavericklm

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:40:47 AM

might be: 1 as in Max PSU Power Unit 1(or 0 in Asic stats) is 4 on the front of the miner
                2 as in Max PSU Power Unit 2(or 1 in Asic stats) is 3 on the front of the miner
                3 as in Max PSU Power Unit 3(or 2 in Asic stats) is 2 on the front of the miner
                4 as in Max PSU Power Unit 4(or 3 in Asic stats) is 1 on the front of the miner

i don't remember exactly, but you can get a confirmation here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=872014.0
or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.0
gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 06:33:53 AM

Thank you, how it works?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: