Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:24:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wondering where your BFL Singles are?  (Read 6188 times)
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 05:01:54 PM

Here they are, being prepped to ship:

I stopped by the BFL offices the other day and wow, they've expanded a ton since I stopped in a few weeks ago.  I met a number of new hires as well, so it looks like they are gearing up for faster production.  The Minirig assembly line was full of Minirigs.  I was able to take the above picture of one of the areas they are assembling the singles... I tried to slip a few in my pockets, but my pockets were not big enough, sadly.  

I may try again and wear some cargo shorts.  I think maybe I could fit a six pack of Jalapenos in some parachute pants, too.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:07:35 PM

Is that radio from the 90s?!

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:08:27 PM

Always cool to get an inside view. I'm not wondering where my single is though, I'm wondering why no one at BFL has been responding to any emails of any kind since the SC release Tongue
BCbitcoin

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:09:31 PM

Where is this?

I guess the dustpan indicates that you are in their clean room?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 05:12:06 PM

I need that power strip arrangement at my workbench NAO.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:08:33 PM

Are you saying there are jalapenos in this picture?  Can u circle them...

I hate Where is Waldo.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 07:11:28 PM

Haha no, no Jalapenos in the picture. I'm just planning ahead.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:13:10 PM

Are you saying there are jalapenos in this picture?
This, with the force of a thousand suns!

I want those pictures!

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:13:53 PM

Haha no, no Jalapenos in the picture. I'm just planning ahead.
Have you seen what they look like? Describe them please.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:14:13 PM

Here they are, being prepped to ship:

I stopped by the BFL offices the other day and wow, they've expanded a ton since I stopped in a few weeks ago.  I met a number of new hires as well, so it looks like they are gearing up for faster production.  The Minirig assembly line was full of Minirigs.  I was able to take the above picture of one of the areas they are assembling the singles... I tried to slip a few in my pockets, but my pockets were not big enough, sadly.  

I may try again and wear some cargo shorts.  I think maybe I could fit a six pack of Jalapenos in some parachute pants, too.

I like sexy ladies assembling hardware for me  Grin
Blaztoize
Donator

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:14:39 PM

Love getting these inside type of pics! Also relevant as I should be receiving a single soon. Thanks for sharing! Smiley

Pokédex: The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel.
BTC: 1Pt2zKYL1CzgqoWy2gETLrqZhWTQSziVno
As of July 2015, I'm back! Currently working on building trust.
byte1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:15:28 PM

Any mini Rig pictures ?
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:17:40 PM

Are you sure it's not a guy in a tank top, long hair, and ear piercings?

>cannotunsee

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 07:27:24 PM

I'll try to get some minirig pics next time I am there.  They were in the middle of a couple assemblies with rig parts hanging out having a good time, so I didn't take a pic.

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:29:44 PM

I think Gigavps started a thread a few days back with four of his Mini rigs. They looked very sexy.

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:35:33 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 07:50:27 PM by ||bit

Where is this?

I guess the dustpan indicates that you are in their clean room?

LOL. Yeah, found after the gowning room and high pressured air shower.

Good to see some photos of inside though. So, what we see in the photo is about one days shipments. Since they say, as of recent, that 50 are sent each day, then anyone waiting for Singles now doesn't actually know that those are photos of his/her Singles. Tongue

Thanks for being the forum's inside agent. Then again... how do we know YOU are not actually Sonny? da da dunnnn  Wink
Now, a photo of the mysterious elusive Sonny (BTW: great name for a Don of a "family busineess") would be awesome.

Thanks again for posting the indie view.

||bit

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 07:52:15 PM

I seriously hope that they are not using a broom in a static sensitive environment.

If this truly is an assembly room, I now have serious reservations about BFL.

I do not see grounding straps used, the staff are not wearing anti-static outer garments and the flooring is hardly what should be used in electronic assembly. Open liquids (coffee cup) in an electronic assembly room??? Seriously???  Shocked

Maybe a QA center for units already assembled, and thus already static protected?

I hope this picture is a joke else everybody should be really careful about ordering from BFL and demand proper assembly conditions.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 07:57:37 PM

I seriously hope that they are not using a broom in a static sensitive environment.

I do not see grounding straps used, the staff are not wearing anti-static outer garments and the flooring is hardly what should be used in electronic assembly. Open liquids (coffee cup) in an electronic assembly room??? Seriously???  Shocked

Maybe a QA center for units already assembled, and thus already static protected?

I hope this picture is a joke else everybody should be really careful about ordering from BFL and demand proper assembly conditions.

Also, failure rate currently unknown, presumed to be one single unit that ngzhang has dissected. If it works, who cares?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:07:13 PM

Are you sure it's not a guy in a tank top, long hair, and ear piercings?

>cannotunsee
greentexting in bitcointalk
all of my what
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 08:21:56 PM

Also, failure rate currently unknown, presumed to be one single unit that ngzhang has dissected. If it works, who cares?

The walking dead.

A major chunk of ESD damaged electronics are considered "walking dead". They will not fail immediately, but have severely shorted lifespans and/or other problems.

I don't know about you, but if I am paying up to $30k for a piece of equipment, I EXPECT it to be assembled professionally.

Have you seen the inside of any other electronic assembly area? They are normally spotless, with special flooring and stations. The employees wear grounding straps and usually some kind of anti-static outer garment. Exposed electronics are carried around in "clam shells" or at least anti-static bags.

I once worked in a cordless phone factory, that produced phones that at a max went for around $80, and all the above protocol was used.

You are honestly OK with your equipment being assembled in the area pictured?

The only expensive part of proper ESD protocol would be changing the flooring, the rest are extremely cheap insurance to put out a top rate product.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: