Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read this before you consider using MT. GOX.  (Read 1267 times)
asterisk (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 09:52:58 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2012, 10:23:10 PM by psy

I have lurked here for a while researching and i read up on the service quality of MT.Gox in particular and after perusal of many threads on the matter of their services,withdrawal issues, and general f-ups,It seemed like most of the claims against them were frivolous in nature so I decided to give them a shot.I was woefully wrong. I set up an account and deposited about 20 btc with them. I used their "withdrawal center" to verify my bank account and waited about 48 hours for them to verify it..(after what follows i'm not sure what they were verifying..) on august 6th i converted 10 btc to USD and withdrew $105 us to my  now "verified"checking account. i got the message "your funds are on the way" and received a confirmation email and everything.  on August 8th i received this message

Request #34885
Your international wire withdrawal
Aug 08 11:25

Hello,

This is a message from Mt.Gox. Regarding your international wire withdrawal of 105 USD, our bank said that your account number of XXXXXXXXXXX is invalid. Please provide us the correct account number so that we can amend this. Please be advised that the amendment fee costs 4,000 JPY by our bank and is separate from the 2,000 JPY processing fee.

Please reply to us soon should you wish to proceed with the amendment. If we do not receive a reply from you within a week, the transfer will be cancelled and there is also a 4,000 JPY cancellation fee by our bank. The funds will then take at least a month to return to our account due to banking procedures and we can then recredit your account with the remaining funds after we receive it.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

i left my bank account info in that message  on purpose to prove a point. that's my actual CORRECT  bank account number. I did not enter it wrong,  and it's not "invalid". first off 4000jpy is roughly 50 dollars and the 2000jpy processing fee is roughly 25 dollars. apparently what i just got told is that the  if I withdraw 100 dollars and do NOTHING WRONG I will get charged 75% of my funds in fees.
and what if i hadn't gotten to the email for a week and they applied a cancellation fee? well another 4000 jpy deduction and at least i'd have gotten  the "remaining" funds (if you're counting you have roughly negative 20 dollars left) a month later.
i didn't know i was doing business with the yakuza. this is a mafia-esque raket.

it is the 10th and i have responded to mt gox today thusly

Invalid? Is this a joke? that is my correct account number!!! How did you validate my account then if the number is invalid? you have made an error on your side. I REFUSE TO PAY ANY FEES DUE TO YOUR ERROR. I entered all my information correctly. and you "validated" my bank account. how did you validate it if the account number was wrong? this is extremely unproffesional on your part.

here is my account info directly copy and pasted from my bank website for confirmation.

Routing Number: XXXX-XXXX-X
Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
swift number XXXXXXXX

This matter is still open and I  know MT gox  reads posts on here.  I don't care  if you screw me out of 100 bucks. but by god i'm gonna make sure you have to do it publicly. i'm gonna post this on every possible medium i can to publicize this ridiculousness. all future correspondence will be posted here also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitmanT

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

Thank you for the heads up.  I've never dealt with Mt.Gox but I do use their current bitcoin/usd prices for my bitcoin utility program.  Sorry that you had such a bad time with them but I agree with you - if the verify process worked with that number and then mt.gox says it doesn't, something is fishy.  Maybe the screw up is truly theirs and they don't want to own up to it? 

Please let us know the status of this case is.

Thanks!

BitmanT
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:19:06 PM

Why on earth did you just post your account number and routing number on a public forum?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:22:07 PM

I replaced the bank info with XX's.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 10:56:59 PM

Of course you are dealing with a mafia-esque racket, but it's not MtGox. That's the banking system.

inescapabledoom

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 01:43:39 AM

Pretty soon, it seems, all aspects of every day life will be affected in this same way.

Can't tell ya how many things I've encountered that are "verified" to work and then get nothing but runaround, errors, whatever.... even at the customer's expense.

Anything that involves money or tokens or any other bartering chips can potentially be scams; the Federal Reserve system is a 100% unconstitutional scam.

It all floats on the belief that money has value.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up about mt.gox, I'd thought about creating a special bank account for the sole purpose of using it with them, but now I definitely won't.

This is just more proof I need to avoid banks.  Smiley
Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 08:00:45 AM

I have lurked here for a while researching and i read up on the service quality of MT.Gox in particular and after perusal of many threads on the matter of their services,withdrawal issues, and general f-ups,It seemed like most of the claims against them were frivolous in nature so I decided to give them a shot.I was woefully wrong. I set up an account and deposited about 20 btc with them. I used their "withdrawal center" to verify my bank account and waited about 48 hours for them to verify it..(after what follows i'm not sure what they were verifying..) on august 6th i converted 10 btc to USD and withdrew $105 us to my  now "verified"checking account. i got the message "your funds are on the way" and received a confirmation email and everything.  on August 8th i received this message

Request #34885
Your international wire withdrawal
Aug 08 11:25

Hello,

This is a message from Mt.Gox. Regarding your international wire withdrawal of 105 USD, our bank said that your account number of XXXXXXXXXXX is invalid. Please provide us the correct account number so that we can amend this. Please be advised that the amendment fee costs 4,000 JPY by our bank and is separate from the 2,000 JPY processing fee.

Please reply to us soon should you wish to proceed with the amendment. If we do not receive a reply from you within a week, the transfer will be cancelled and there is also a 4,000 JPY cancellation fee by our bank. The funds will then take at least a month to return to our account due to banking procedures and we can then recredit your account with the remaining funds after we receive it.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team

i left my bank account info in that message  on purpose to prove a point. that's my actual CORRECT  bank account number. I did not enter it wrong,  and it's not "invalid". first off 4000jpy is roughly 50 dollars and the 2000jpy processing fee is roughly 25 dollars. apparently what i just got told is that the  if I withdraw 100 dollars and do NOTHING WRONG I will get charged 75% of my funds in fees.
and what if i hadn't gotten to the email for a week and they applied a cancellation fee? well another 4000 jpy deduction and at least i'd have gotten  the "remaining" funds (if you're counting you have roughly negative 20 dollars left) a month later.
i didn't know i was doing business with the yakuza. this is a mafia-esque raket.

it is the 10th and i have responded to mt gox today thusly

Invalid? Is this a joke? that is my correct account number!!! How did you validate my account then if the number is invalid? you have made an error on your side. I REFUSE TO PAY ANY FEES DUE TO YOUR ERROR. I entered all my information correctly. and you "validated" my bank account. how did you validate it if the account number was wrong? this is extremely unproffesional on your part.

here is my account info directly copy and pasted from my bank website for confirmation.

Routing Number: XXXX-XXXX-X
Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
swift number XXXXXXXX

This matter is still open and I  know MT gox  reads posts on here.  I don't care  if you screw me out of 100 bucks. but by god i'm gonna make sure you have to do it publicly. i'm gonna post this on every possible medium i can to publicize this ridiculousness. all future correspondence will be posted here also.

I believe that one of the support staff asked you to confirm your banking details in the ticket, did you do that yet that we can get to the bottom of this?

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 08:10:24 AM

When we verify your bank info, we just ensure that all the data looks correct.

In your case however we received the following message from the intermediate bank (parts with bank name and tx ids hidden):

The important part:

ADV UTA UNABLE TO LOCATE NAME OR A/C NR-BNF A/C IS INVALID

So yes, your bank literally told us that the bank account we have for you is invalid. Nothing much we can do about it except asking you for the correct account number, but if you give us the same number again we will usually ask you to reconfirm, especially since it costs 4000¥ to do a transfer amendment.

Please contact your bank to confirm the details for receiving international transfers (some will require to have both routing number & bank account number as account number, or may have other specific requirements).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: