Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:28:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW DDoSing Legitimate Cloud Mining Operations  (Read 1482 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

It has come to my attention that Genesis Mining is currently under DDoS, as are other legitimate cloud mining operations.
The attacks began yesterday (22December) on Nexus Mining website, and have expanded today onto Genesis Mining website.

I've been trying to gather some kind of evidence, but it's difficult to ascertain, since the attack is being orchestrated from 1000's of ip addresses.
I'm led to believe that someone at GAW thinks that these genuine operations are a threat to their Paycoin ponzi scheme and as such are carrying out these attacks.

I'm also under the impression that this is not the first time they have done this.

If anyone can help, it's frustrating for my friends who work at these operations, albeit, not a threat to the mining side (payouts are being made as normal).

Please help, whoever can. This sort form of dirty tactic is not what we need to see in crypto.
All I know is that it's not just some small-time hat doing this and that my instinct points towards GAW.

thanks.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:55:22 PM

I really doubt GAW are competent enough to orchestrate a DDoS attack. Either way, you shouldn't lay this kind of accusation at anyone without real evidence IMO.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:01:59 PM

I thought cloud ponzi's like cloudmnr.io and some other I cant recall where also under DDoS attack.
and I dont see any reason whatsoever to assume gaw is behind it.

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:07:09 PM

I really doubt GAW are competent enough to orchestrate a DDoS attack.

This is so true.
PhiPhi

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

✯Empowering the Influencer Economy✯

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:11:16 PM

I'm led to believe that someone at GAW thinks that these genuine operations are a threat to their Paycoin ponzi scheme and as such are carrying out these attacks.

I'm also under the impression that this is not the first time they have done this.

I'm no GAW fan but what points to gaw?

raskul (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

I'm no GAW fan but what points to gaw?

i have no evidence whatsoever, and that's why i'm putting this out as a call for help, if anyone can exonerate GAW with evidence as to who it may be, i'll happily lock this thread.
it's affecting livelyhoods.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
P4man

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:29:21 PM

I think spondoolies is behind it, they do it because they are losing sales to all these cloud services.
I have no evidence whatsoever, and that's why i'm putting this out as a call for help, if anyone can exonerate spondoolies with evidence as to who it may be,..

Does that make any sense? Nope, no more than blaming BFL or gaw. Or my mother in law.

BTW, if their business is cloud-anything,  they should get a hosting service with decent DDoS protection. If the ponzi's can afford it, then surely the legitimate companies can afford it?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 01:58:28 AM

I think spondoolies is behind it, they do it because they are losing sales to all these cloud services.
I have no evidence whatsoever, and that's why i'm putting this out as a call for help, if anyone can exonerate spondoolies with evidence as to who it may be,..

Does that make any sense? Nope, no more than blaming BFL or gaw. Or my mother in law.

BTW, if their business is cloud-anything,  they should get a hosting service with decent DDoS protection. If the ponzi's can afford it, then surely the legitimate companies can afford it?

Exactly this... you should not blame someone with no proof at all.
hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:06:52 AM

In Nov this year, our services suddenly received a DDoS attack. The attack continued for many hours.

While we were being attacked, ZenCloud experienced an unplanned service outage.

Less than 10 minutes after ZenCloud's unplanned outage, the DDoS attack on Hashie stopped.

We have not experienced any further DDoS attacks to date. Draw your own conclusions.

P4man

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:32:08 AM

In Nov this year, our services suddenly received a DDoS attack. The attack continued for many hours.

While we were being attacked, ZenCloud experienced an unplanned service outage.

Less than 10 minutes after ZenCloud's unplanned outage, the DDoS attack on Hashie stopped.

We have not experienced any further DDoS attacks to date. Draw your own conclusions.

I would conclude its likely the same group that DDoS'd both of you. What other conclusion would you draw?

mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 01:39:09 AM

It has come to my attention that Genesis Mining is currently under DDoS, as are other legitimate cloud mining operations.
The attacks began yesterday (22December) on Nexus Mining website, and have expanded today onto Genesis Mining website.

I've been trying to gather some kind of evidence, but it's difficult to ascertain, since the attack is being orchestrated from 1000's of ip addresses.

If anyone can help, it's frustrating for my friends who work at these operations, albeit, not a threat to the mining side (payouts are being made as normal).

Please help, whoever can. This sort form of dirty tactic is not what we need to see in crypto.
All I know is that it's not just some small-time hat doing this and that my instinct points towards GAW.

thanks.
You are just making some random accusations on GAW.
I believe that this is an attempt to defame GAW miners.
It would be helpful if you post the IPs from which the attach was being done, and some proof that tells us that gaw was behind this attack.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: