Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LightWallet - a lightweight account manager for Monero  (Read 6864 times)
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:36:52 PM

opening in simplewallet works.
But now i cant use it. Sad

The strange thing is the same thing happens for me with Factomd as well. As soon as it synced it shuts down...

Maybe you're running out of disk space? That's pretty strange behavior, and got to be more than a coincidence that it's happening on two completely different wallets.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
schnib

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:29:54 PM

yes pretty strange.

i just checked the disc space and it seems fine, i also used another wallet afterwards and were able to download the whole blockchain.
but it was a regular client.

whats the connection between factomd and your wallet?

i mean it didn't happen at the same time, but it seems like both times right before i fully synced.

schnib

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

I fully synced the standard wallet of monero now and everything worked fine.

Unfortunately i still donw know why your wallet and the factomd always shuts down :/

cointabo

Activity: 477

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:41:47 AM

Does not work. I couldn't create a new wallet. The button doesn't respond.
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:20:42 PM

Make sure you have simplewallet program in the same directory.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 07:23:58 PM

can you give me a complied build for XMR ? the platform is windows 64bit , I'm really looking forward for a better wallet .
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 07:26:24 PM

can you give me a complied build for XMR ? the platform is windows 64bit , I'm really looking forward for a better wallet .

You can download binaries at getmonero.org
Badamba

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:06:29 AM

opening in simplewallet works.
But now i cant use it. Sad

The strange thing is the same thing happens for me with Factomd as well. As soon as it synced it shuts down...

Maybe you're running out of disk space? That's pretty strange behavior, and got to be more than a coincidence that it's happening on two completely different wallets.

The same problem. Runs for a while and synchronized.
Today won't start. Errors not visually.
The latest version. What's available.
Java Version 8 update 101.
Badamba

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:09:09 AM

And maybe to the dogs this Java?
May collect on the C/C++? In MinGW
mr.oldy

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 04:31:22 PM

Hi there all Smiley I'm a Monero noob currently learning the ropes. I must say very good job to all the people behind Monero and jwinterm TY for making a frontend.

Now to the problematic part, as some user pointed out earlier in this thread, I can't get Lightwallet working proper. I downloaded the windows version from getmonero and also put the dll's and simplewallet (x64) in the dir.
The program starts, and syncs, finds my monero balance and everything seems fine and dandy but shortly after, the client just shuts down with no message. I checked  my taskmanager and simplewallet is still running.
When I try to start Lightwallet again, I get to the password/login, type it in and poof, client is gone again.

Did anyone ever solve this issue? and would u mind telling me how, I would be forever grateful. I'm just not techy enough to use the comandline program and MoneroX is gone for good it seems.

Oh also I'll be sure to make some small donations to the monero development if I can just get the thing up and running, I'm not a rich man so it will only be something symbolic now and then.

Ty in advance /Mr Old guy

jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 05:15:52 PM

Hi there all Smiley I'm a Monero noob currently learning the ropes. I must say very good job to all the people behind Monero and jwinterm TY for making a frontend.

Now to the problematic part, as some user pointed out earlier in this thread, I can't get Lightwallet working proper. I downloaded the windows version from getmonero and also put the dll's and simplewallet (x64) in the dir.
The program starts, and syncs, finds my monero balance and everything seems fine and dandy but shortly after, the client just shuts down with no message. I checked  my taskmanager and simplewallet is still running.
When I try to start Lightwallet again, I get to the password/login, type it in and poof, client is gone again.

Did anyone ever solve this issue? and would u mind telling me how, I would be forever grateful. I'm just not techy enough to use the comandline program and MoneroX is gone for good it seems.

Oh also I'll be sure to make some small donations to the monero development if I can just get the thing up and running, I'm not a rich man so it will only be something symbolic now and then.

Hi Mr oldy. There was one issue identified related to Euro computers using commas instead of decimals, but I'm really not sure what would make it crash repeatedly like that. If you just want to use a remote node, you can make a file called simplewallet.bat in the same directory and open it with a text editor (notepad) and type:
Code:
simplewallet --daemon-address http://node.moneroclub.com:8880

And then save it and run that bat file and you will be able to use simplewallet with same remote node that lightwallet uses.
mr.oldy

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:09:16 PM

Hi Mr oldy. There was one issue identified related to Euro computers using commas instead of decimals, but I'm really not sure what would make it crash repeatedly like that. If you just want to use a remote node, you can make a file called simplewallet.bat in the same directory and open it with a text editor (notepad) and type:
Code:
simplewallet --daemon-address http://node.moneroclub.com:8880

And then save it and run that bat file and you will be able to use simplewallet with same remote node that lightwallet uses.

Oh cool the man himself Smiley well the thing is I really wanted a GUI, as I am a bit too non tech savvy to use a comandline tool, atleast for something as important as currency. Remote node is not the most important thing, I don't mind the time it takes to run a node.
I guess there isn't much to do but learn simplewallet at the moment or wait for a newer version of a GUI.
Also another question, I have another version of Lightwallet.exe, that I'm not exactly sure where I found that is much bigger in size than the one I found on getmonero. It also can not be opened with winrar like the normal exe. Any idea what version this might be and if it could work? so far I havn't dared run it.

Last question if you don't mind: would it help at all for me to post the error I get in the simplewallet log file here? maybe you can figure out where it all went wrong?
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:38:45 PM

It wouldn't hurt to post the error, certainly. The older bigger file might be old version, which I don't think works after the hardfork early this year.

I'm honestly not planning on working on it much anymore, since official GUI is sooooo close and I have a million other things I want to work on and need to work on too.

Honestly, simplewallet really isn't too bad. Just start it up and type 'help', then ask questions if you're unsure before transferring.

One suggestion to try for GUI is remove wallet and config file (backup first), then try to restore wallet from seed or by importing keys.

Do you have any weird characters (non letters or periods) in your wallet filename?
mr.oldy

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:23:17 PM

Oh ok there is an official GUI coming soon, that's good news. I did try deleting all and recovering from seed, but got the same error.
Yea I figure I'll try simplewallet for now then.
Anyhow here is the error that simplewallet generates:

2016-Sep-07 11:07:28.239139 [RPC0]ERROR C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server.cpp:65 Exception at while refreshing, what=no connection to daemon
2016-Sep-07 11:07:48.240098 [RPC0]ERROR C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/contrib/epee/include/net/http_client.h:867 failed to connect node.moneroclub.com:8880
2016-Sep-07 11:07:48.240098 [RPC0]Failed to invoke http request to  http://node.moneroclub.com:8880/getblocks.bin
2016-Sep-07 11:07:48.240098 [RPC0]ERROR C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:572 !r. THROW EXCEPTION: error::no_connection_to_daemon
2016-Sep-07 11:07:48.240098 [RPC0]C:/msys64/DISTRIBUTION-BUILD/src/wallet/wallet2.cpp:572:N5tools5error23no_connection_to_daemonE: no connection to daemon, request = getblocks.bin

Dunno if it means anything to the smarter people, to me it's basicly gibberish. Not even sure that this is the reason that lightwallet crashes, but it is the last lines in the log file, beforethis it all looked good more or less.

Oh yea and no wierd chars in my wallet name.
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:29:08 PM

It looks like that remote node isn't working anymore or maybe just at the moment. I'll try to mess with it tonight this weekend and see if it works for me.
jwinterm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

Update: 2017-01-07 LightWallet is no longer being maintained, and is expected to stop working after the upcoming hardfork enabling RingCT. Please use the official GUI for now (which also works with a remote node), or wait for another third party GUI by Jaxx or someone else to be released soon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: