Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NFD][Supernet][UNITY] New NFD Asset: NFDSupeNet!  (Read 13287 times)
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 05:30:28 AM

Supernet quieted back down today at Bter where the price settled back to the low 0.0174s. The buybook there is thin at the top, but there's a huge buy order at 0.017001 and an even bigger order at 0.017. Including two smaller buy orders a little above both these biggies, about 13.25 BTC's worth of UNITY would have to be dumped at market to drive its price down below 0.017. Contariwise, only about 6 Bitcoin's worth of buys at the asks would ramp it up to 0.019. That's a pretty good orderbook, assuming it stays more-or-less the same.

Things are good in the Nxt AE too. That huge low ask at 294.75 was melted away by a nice number of buys, although UNITY did sink to 280 Nxt in early morning Eastern time and had to surmount a new lower ask before 294.75 finally vanished a little before 1 PM ET. It did have trouble getting above that level and was stopped at 296 as the Buys at the ask alternated with Sells at the bid. But both sides of the orderbook are higher than they were when I wrote the last report. 

As I write this, the low ask is 296 and it's got a moderate amount of volume attached to it. Unfortunately, there's a huge sellwall of close to 1000 UNITY between it and 300. As is usual, the buybook is thinner. The high bid is at 287.1.

But that doesn't matter as much as it seems to. UNITY has a habit of recurring whalepumps or buying frenzies that hit all of a sudden and tend to leave its price higher than beforehand when they abate and dumpers come in. The increased demand today did not seem much driven by arbitrage because Nxt itself gyrated along at a little above 6000 satoshs, but it could have been.

Those gyrations kept me busy on the NFD AE. As it stands now, and as it will stand until I get rolling tomorrow, my offer of NFDSupeNet is 8850 NFD per unit and my buyback bid is at 8675. That's a little better than yesterday's orderpair, and reflects Supernet creeping upwards again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 05:27:16 AM

Nxt got whomped today down to ~5800 satoshis, which didn't make for a good day on Bter. Since Supernet's low ask and high bid declined slightly on the Nxt AE, its Bitcoin price got pushed down below 0.017 before it recovered on piddling bot-to-bot volume. The spread as I write this is much wider than it was 24 hours ago: the low ask and high bid are separated by almost 0.001 BTC. The regular bots don't seem to know what's coming next.

In the Nxt AE, UNITY's spread stayed narrow and the buybook is nice and thick in the low 280s. Most likely, those bidders are old Supernet hands who've seen this kind of thing before. Wink

Trading was brisk, if a little light in each trade's volume, with transactions predominantly in the low 290s this morning (Eastern time.) When morning turned to afternoon, however, the price sagged as predominate Buys turned into predominant Sells. Fortunately, the last few hours brought out the Buys again. The last three trades went at the low ask, albeit on small volume.

Another day in the Supernet salt mines. Smiley If Nxt's spill is ignored, UNITY is still on an even keel.

In fact, the main inducer to me changing my orderpair for NFDSupeNet was Nxt. Because it sunk, I'm leaving the NFDSupeNet offer at 8500 NFD per unit and the buyback order at 8350. That's where they'll stay until I get rolling tomorrow.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:18:28 AM

Nxt rebounded slightly to ~6000 satoshis in quiet trading, and Supernet's trading at Bter was quiet too. As volume drooped, UNITY settled into a wide range centered at 0.017 BTC. The Nxt community's wait for the new Monetary System to kick in at block 330'000 has stolen a lot of the thunder from Supernet.

The trading was fairly brisk in the Nxt AE, but unfortunately all but one of the trades today (Eastern time) were Sells at the bid. That selling pressure was enough to keep Supernet in the low 280s in that market, even scraping along at 280 tonight before dipping slightly below. That pressure exhausted the bids in that region except for one that was recently placed a smidgen below the current high ask. Below it, the buybook thins out until the low 270s. Following the pressure, the low ask slipped downwards today too.

As I write this report, that low ask is at 289.9799 and the low bid is at 288.88. Acordingly, I'm leaving my overnight orderpair for NFDSupeNet in the NFD AE as follows: 8610 NFD offer, 8600 NFD buyback bid.

If I had to sum up today's market action in one word, it would be "bored." The selling was almost unanimous, but the buybook accommodated the sellers handily. There's no sign of capitulation, nor does anyone seem to be anticipating it by placing a huge lowball bid. A day of waiting for something to happen, when nothing did.

Or maybe the better word is "distracted." The Nxt Monetary System is being unveiled as of block 330'000, and some punters might be prepared to snap up some pricey but premium names for new inside-Nxt currencies. (How long do you think it'll be before the symbols "BTC" & "USD" are snapped up?) That unveiling might not be the only distraction, though. GEMZ, a Counterparty asset for a new cryptocurrency-enabled mobile chat app that's had a huge pre-sale and a lot of press, starts trading on Bter tomorrow when its presale tokens become withdrawable from Koinify. Given the amount of press it's received, GEMZ is going to be a big-volume coin on Bter.

Because the Supernet team is concentrating on the under-the-hood nitty-gritty, there hasn't been much news for it lately - so it's not surprising that punters would get distracted. Moreover, its price has been fairly stable with a normally liquid market in the Nxt AE so it makes for a good source of ready Nxt. If it's the upcoming "New Land Frontier Stampede" that's prompted today's selling, then the buybook will thicken up once again as the ones who missed out on the best properties come back to good ol' Supernet.  Smiley We'll find out after Block 330'000.

[P.S. / N.B.: The Monetary System involves a hard fork. If you haven't upgraded your Nxt wallet to 1.4.7, please do so. After block 330'000, 1.3.x and earlier wallets will no longer hook up to the network - so please upgrade if you haven't yet.]

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 05:50:46 AM

Yep, Nxt hit block 330'000 today and things got excited. The excitement made for a quiet and somewhat depressing Supernet market on Bter. But UNITY on the Nxt AE was more active, and the price action was less discouraging. In the former exchange, the price was pushed down by a dump of more than 100 UNITY at 0.01625 BTC: that dump consumed about half of a big bid that's been stabilizing Supernet's BTC price.

On the Nxt AE, there was enough relative action to push Supernet back up to #1 in 24-hour volume. There were a mixture of Buys at the ask and Sells at the bid, including some biggies. A big dumper briefly pushed the price down to 273, but fortunately that called forth some big bidders at that price and above. The buybook is now quite thick in the mid-270s as the former stampeders returned to the market. The low ask is 988.9799: it hardly budged from yesterday's level. The high bid is lower than yesterday's at 276.1103, but the thickness just below it means that Supernet is still on the steady-as-we-go path.

Because Nxt itself slumped today, I lowered the ask as well as the bid for NFDSupeNet. My overnight on the NFD AE is 8550 NFD per unit and my buyback bid rests at 8300 NFD.

Nxt Upgrade Update: If you haven't already, you'd better upgrade to 1.4.7.1. You won't see the Monetary System tab unless you upgrade to that specific version.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 05:43:00 AM

Supernet had a bad day on Bter today, although its slump was in part caused by Nxt dropping back to ~5800 satoshis. Its volume picked up again, but not in a good way: 0.016 BTC was breached and 0.015 was tested. Although the low ask is currently a wee bit above 0.016, the high bid starts below 0.015 and the highest large bid is at 0.01402. Demand is drying up again, making dumps do more damage to the price than would otherwise have ben the case.

Trading was also brisk in the Nxt AE, but the slump at Bter did have an unfortunate reverberation in early afternoon Eastern time. After climbing to as high as 285, a whole slew of dumping eventually overwhelmed the bids in mid- and late afternoon. When the respite came as afternoon turned into evening, Supernet had been pounded down to as low as 240 Nxt.

But that plunge got the notice of some pretty hefty bidders. As I write this, there's a bid for 1000 UNITY at 265 and 400 at 267.1001. The high bid is exactly 270, which was prompted by yours truly bumping up a teeny buy of 0.1 Supernet from 267 to 269.9.

As for where I got the funds? From the first Asset dividend Supernet has paid out since I started NFDSupeNet. It wasn't much - only  61.3152 units of NXTCS which I got rid of by holding out for 0.19 each - but it's enough for a little extra Supernet provided I add some Nxt that I sent in for orders when I started NFDSupeNet. Smiley

Since I managed to push up the high bid, I also managed to narrow the spread for this NFD Asset. If a small dumper obliges both the seller ahead of me and myself, the NFDSupeNet backing account will have 100.1 Supernet instead of 100. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm leaving the overnight orderpair for NFDSupeNet as follows: the offer at 7950 NFD per unit and the buyback bid at 7850 NFD. If my buy on the Nxt AE goes through, each unit of NFDSupeNet will be redeemable on demand for 0.01001 Supernet - as specified in the offering document. 

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 05:59:46 AM

With respect to the bid and ask in the Nxt AE, Supernet has calmed down considerably: both hardly moved. What a change from yesterday! In the confusion, UNITY's price briefly dropped all the way down to 240 Nxt. In another thread, an Nxt Asset issuer claimed to have taken advantage of it.

Today's trading on the Nxt AE proceeded at a nice clip, but many of the transactions were small. Like the bid-ask pair, Supernet stayed in a narrow range of the high 260s. One of those trades was the Buy of 0.1 for the  NFDSnet_Dedicated Account, so its balance is now 100.1. This buy, admittedly close to the high of the day, means that NFDSupeNet Asset holders are now entitled to 0.01001 UNITY per NFDSupeNet unit they hold.

Although sedate, Supernet's price did soften today: that's why my buy went almost at the top of the range. Bter saw a bried spill all the way down to 0.01414 BCT - on very low volume - but it jumped back up to 0.015 and above. That floor is intact as I write this, with piddly little trades between it and 0.016.

All in all, a slow day. As I prepare to head off to dreamland, I'm leaving the NFDSupeNet orderpair in the NFD AE with the offer at 7800 NFD and the buyback bid at 7700 NFD. Enjoy the calm while it lasts. Wink

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 04:01:37 AM

Along with Bitcoin itself, Supernet had a bad day today - but only on the Nxt AE. In Bter trading, which was surprisingly quiet, the 0.015 BTC floor actually held. There was a small and a medium-sized dump that pushed its price to the low 0.014s, but again the floor was tested and held firm even though UNITY tumbled on the Nxt AE. What makes this disconnect strange is the fact that Nxt itself was in the doldrums in BTC terms. The implied price of the 0.015 floor is 262.7 Nxt: that's above the current low ask of 259.79 in the AE - and well above its last trade of 245. As I write this, the low ask has jumped up considerably as arbitrageurs have spotted the disconnect. Some lucky fella snapped up the last remaining Supernet offered at 245, so the big arbitrage profit is gone. But there is a small spread left at 259.79, and the 0.015 floor is girded by a solid bid of 41 UNITY.

The day didn't start off this way. In the morning, Supernet was trading comfortably in the high 260s. Early this morning (Eastern time), a whopping 850 were sold at 265 and 265.5. But that huge sell took its toll on the buybook: the next crew of big dumpers faced worse. By about 5:30 PM, when the second-to-last dumper came in, UNITY was barely above 250. The last dumper left it flattened at 245.

Right now, although the sell side has adjusted to the discrepancy between the Nxt AE and Bter, the buy side hasn't. The high bid is at 246.3255 and the bids below it are small. There's not one single bid that's three digits in volume above 227. Getting out of Dodge is becoming pretty costly. Unfortunately, more and more Supernet holders are making that choice.

I can't say that I like the arithmetic, but I have to follow the market. After adjusting both sides of the orderpair throughout the day, as per usual, I'm leaving the overnight offer and buyback for NFDSupeNet on the NFD AE at 7400 NFD and 7100 NFD respectively.

Tomorrow will show which is out of whack: whether the Nxt AE is too low or Bter is too high. Unfortunately, arbitrage pressure suggests the latter - but we'll see.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 07:42:39 AM

Supernet's 0.015 BTC floor at Bter proved to be more spongy today, but it unexpectedly held. There was a huge burst of trading in the mid-morning which wore out the Bter buybook, enough so that a teeny dump an hour later had the price reeling down to 0.01355, but again it climbed back up to 0.015 where it is now.

This resilience in the teeth of Bitcoin's recently-halted plummet impressed bidders in the Nxt AE for the buybook to fill up again this evening Eastern time. UNITY's price did plunge to 235 Nxt under sustained selling pressure this morning. That pressure plus the plunge at Bter induced a couple of big dumpers to shove the price further down to 227, but that selling pressure abated in early afternoon. After which, perhaps because it recovered on Bter, Buys started to predominate and the buybook began to refill with bids. Whoever was patient enough to get (a lot of) Supernet at 226-27 could snap up a nice arbitrage profit by dumping into the bids right now.

As I write this, the low ask is 257.89 and the high bid is up to 250.21. The buybook is thin until just below 240, but at least it's coming back. That gave me a chance to raise the buyback bid for NFDSupeNet to 7500 NFD per unit. Nxt doing a little better today induced me to raise the offer to 7650. So the spread is back to a more normal range, where it will stay until I get rolling again tomorrow.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:33:42 AM

Once again, the floor at 0.015 BTC held for Supernet despite it being bent from time to time. Interestingly, Bitcoin's gyrations over the last two days haven't affected UNITY's BTC price all that much: further evidence for BTC being the reserve currency in altcoin land. In BTC terms, Supernet is still fairly stable.

But its own gyrations continued today in the Nxt AE although settling down somewhat. I really can't say why there's been such a huge move out of UNITY, but arbitrageurs have certainly been thankful. Reversing the action of the last couple of days, Supernet climbed steadily today with the bulk of the transactions being Buys at the ask. The askers who held firm through its tumble are beginning to be rewarded. UNITY even hit 275 in early-mid afternoon Eastern time.

The buybook isn't much better than it was yesterday, price-wise, but it is thickening up volume-wise. There's even one huge order for 420 UNITY at 248.0069 Nxt and there's a solid three digits' worth of volume above it. Any arbs who bought near the bottom during those panic sells are now looking at a decent profit. In Nxt terms, which have become better terms thanks to Nxt waking up and climbing above 6000 satoshis again.

As I write this, the low ask is 274.4799 and the high bid is at a teeny-volume 260. With Nxt's own rise taken into account, the NFD Asset Exchange orderpair for NFDSupeNet is now back in the 8000s. I'm leaving it overnight with an offer at 8400 NFD and the buyback bid at 8000 NFD.

We'll see tomorrow if Supernet keeps calming down, or if some more buffeting (or lifting!) shoves it around in Nxt's AE.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:37:28 AM

Trading in Supernet quieted down even more today. As I write this, the 24 hour volume in Bter is exactly 1 BTC. That's very quiet for an Asset that's had quite a few 10+ BTC volume days. Interestingly, the 0.015 BTC floor wasn't touched today: instead, UNITY is poking its head back above 0.016.

The same quieting down has appeared in the Nxt AE. There were far fewer trades today than yesterday, and almost all of them were small; a couple were really tiny. The largest trade of the day was only 50 UNITY at 253.1 Nxt. Although the buybook starts at only 255.1 and is thin until 250, it's nice and thick in the high 240s. There are three thick asks around 268, but they're only slightly above the current low ask of 267.451. Significantly, those asks have not been placed by dumpers.

It'll take a lot of demand to get Supernet up to its glory days of >300, but in retrospect we'll see that its huge-volume plummet downwards earlier this week was a kind of capitulation. The impatient hands - including some whales - have been shaken out; the hands left are patient. I have an inkling that those thick asks have been placed by arbs who snapped up the dumps in the 220-40 range and are waiting on a spread profit. People like that will be glad to adjust their asks upwards if they smell another rally coming.

So: what's left is quiet. Tying my NFD AE orderpair to the current low ask of 267.451 and the current high bid of 255.1, I'm leaving my offer for NFDSupeNet at 8000 NFD and my buyback bid at 7700 NFD.   

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 06:00:21 AM

Supernet trading picked up today, volume-wise, but from yesterday's very low bar. Over at Bter, the 0.015 BTC floor was once again unbreached and 0.016 is still a spongy ceiling. If there's any de facto floor atm, it would be around 0.0155. But please keep in mind that this temporary floor is holding up on very low volume. The highest big bid in the Bter buybook is at exactly 0.015.

Over on the Nxt AE, trading was still slow. Most of them were Sells, but that isn't as bad as it looks: the low ask largely held up and some of the Sells were into high bids that were above 260. The low of the day was 250.5, which hit the next bid below the current high bid. Had it not been for that recent dump at 250.5, the low of the day would have been equal to the high bid at the time I wrote yesterday's report. The other Sells either exhausted that bid or hit new high bids, most above 260.

As I write this, the low ask on the Nxt AE is a thick 95 UNITY at 264.99 Nxt each. The high bid is a thin 1.8 UNITY at 251, but just below it is a thick 20.7686 UNITY at 250.5 Nxt. Nxt's last trade at Bter was 6090 satohsis, and the Supernet orderpair at Bter shows a low ask of 0.0163 and a high bid of 0.01545. Using 6090 satoshis for Nxt, the implied low ask at Bter is 267.65 Nxt per UNITY and the implied high bid is 253.69 Nxt. So, both markets are in line; any arbs have to play a waiting game.

Since the Nxt AE orderpair was close to stable today, my adjustments in the NFD AE went up and down in a narrow range and a very narrow spread until the last remnants of the former high bid at 263.5 were finally sold into. As I call it a night, I'm leaving the NFDSupeNet orderpair at 8050 NFD as the offer and 7700 NFD for the buyback bid.

FYI: SuperNETx2 has now been issued; I just got about 1 Nxt's worth in my main account. The NFDSupenet_Dedicated_Account got none - and right now, I'm wondering why my main account got any at all. 

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 05:23:06 AM

Supernet had a mostly dull day on light-moderate volume at Bter today (Eastern time.) Its recent range is still holding; 0.015 BTC wasn't even touched today. As I write this, a Bter bidder has decided that the floor is 0.0154: he or she placed a one-Bitcoin bid at that level.

In the Nxt AE, UNITY sagged but not by much. Trading was light and the trades went off in the 250-260 range. A preponderance of Buys in the morning gave way to a preponderance of Sells due to a single dumper.

The low ask sagged with the price, but the high bid inched up a bit. At the end of a quiet day, the low ask is 257.901 and the high bid is a nice, thick 252.012. With the fury of dumping abating, but with no excitement for Supernet, the days are becoming dull. For now, that is.

So, I'm calling it a night by leaving the NFDSupeNet orderpair on the NFD AE as follows: the offer at an even 7600 NFD and the buyback bid at 7475 NFD. Just to remind everyone, one unit of NFDSupeNet entitles the holder to 0.01% of the Supernet held by the NFDSupenet Dedicated Account. At present, that 0.01% equals 0.01001 UNITY.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 05:33:27 AM

Sad to say, the 0.015 floor for Supernet broke today on Bter. The cause was people pulling their buy orders, leaving the buybook exposed to a small dump that carried UNITY's price down to 0.01406. As I write this, the asks haven't followed along but the low bid is at 0.01407. The first substantial bid is at 0.01404.

This downdraft is beginning to trickle into the Nxt AE, which actually had a quiet and sedate day until just now. The low ask slumped into the mid-250s, but the bid held up well. Throughout the entire day, except just now, Supernet traded in mostly small transactions in the low 250s. With the Bter drop, some dumpers have come in but so far 250 has held. The high bid as I write this is exactly 250 and it has almost 88 UNITY to go. The low ask is only slightly below where it was 24 hours ago.

Is Supernet primed for another dump fest? Not likely. The high bid at 250 is buttressed by more than 500 UNITY's worth of bids at ~248. Unless they're pulled, it would take a huge amount of dumping to push Supernet below that number.

More likely, it'll be another quiet day at around the same price. The current low ask is 254.9 Nxt and the high bid is the aforementioned 250. In accordance with these numbers, I'm leaving the NFDSupeNet orderpair for my regular overnight pause at 7625 NFD for the offer and 7500 NFD for the buyback bid.

From where I sit, the market right now looks like the calm before the calm. Smiley See you tomorrow. 

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 04:56:01 AM

Until it shook itself awake this evening Eastern time, Supernet trading on Bter was s-l-o-w. This screenshot the afternoon says more than I could:

Howzabout that: UNITY with only 0.1 BTC more than Nxttycoin in 24 hour volume. For Supernet, that volume is about as fast as a herd of turtles.

But it did wake up later, and in a good way. For most of this day, it traded slightly above 0.016. Even a huge dump of more than 3.5 Bitcoin's worth only pushed it to exactly 0.016. That dump did wear out the buybook, though, and UNITY sunk to the low 0.015s on low volume. Still, something like that was inevitable. At Nxt's current range, 0.016 translates into ~265 Nxt: well above even the highest high ask of the day.

In the Nxt AE, the morning saw two big dumps: both were fielded by the buybook. Supernet's price did not get below 250. Seeing this, buyers ventured in and hit the ask. In the evening, the trades were almost all Buys and their collective effect did whittle up the low ask. As a result, the spread widened upwardly. Many of those Buys were small to moderate.

So far, the high bid hasn't moved much even though the low ask is more than 3 Nxt higher than it was twenty-four hours ago. As I write this, the low ask is up to 257.901 but the high bid is only 250.21. Accordingly, I'm leaving rthe NFDSueNet orderpair on the Nxt AE at 7675 NFD as the offer and 7500 NFD as the buyback bid.

Supernet is really holding the fort. Even big (but not huge) dumpers got out with very little slippage today. That latent demand for UNITY is coming back again. What a change from last week!

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 05:25:19 AM

The close-to-two-day hiatus is over, and BTT is back up and jumping again. For some, the downtime was like breaking an addiction; for others, it was a like a needed vacation. I'll leave you to guess what it meant for the ADD-prone. Wink Since the markets kept churning as usual, for me it was just another day in the salt mines. Smiley

Supernet's trading over the last three days has been a little depressing over at Bter, where UNITY slumped from above 0.016 BTC to below 0.014. Thankfully, that slide is going to end for the nonce because the high bid is a very thick 3.5 BTC's worth at 0.0145. It's not been picked at yet: the last trades as I write this have been a little bit higher, including a substantial 0.9 BTC's worth that was bought at 0.01481.

Undoubtedly, that's because the trading on the Nxt AE has been comparatively better. UNITY did dip down to the mid-240s today, but today's trading has largely been at the low 250s after Supernet shook off a temporary dump at 240.23-.33: it hit at just before noon Eastern time. Since then, the buybook has thickened up: the current high bid is a nice, thick 111.2943 at 250 Nxt. The low ask has risen somewhat to 255.001.

In a somewhat gloomy time like this, it's worthwhile to look at UNITY's long-term chart. This screenshot comes from Nxt Block's chart, and spans from the beginning of December to today:

That's not bad for an Asset that's had to endure two whomping dump sessions. Granted that the "James effect" is nowhere to be found anymore, but Supernet has still held up well. That's something to remember when the doldrums give you the blues. Smiley Trust me: they're far worse for an arbitrageur than an investor.

In accordance with the low ask and high bid on the Nxt AE, I'm leaving the overnight NFDSupeNet orderpair on the NFD AE at 7600 NFD for the offer and 7525 NFD for the buyback bid. Right now, the Nxt AE's pair is fairly stable; the main cause for my in-the-day adjustments has been the gyrating price of Nxt itself. Which itself has remained stable at ~6000 satoshis.

We'll see tomorrow if the quiet continues, or if the markets get stirred up again.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 04:25:49 AM

Today, Supernet managed to shake off its dumps on Bter as it recovered somewhat from its recent sub-0.014 low. It has yet to surmount 0.015, but it's close. Helping it is a new bid more than 2.3 BTCs thick at 0.0147.

Unfortunately, it was somewhat of a different story this evening (Eastern time) after a day in which UNITY rose a bit. Sellers came out in force, and were voluminous enough to push both the high bid and the low ask well below 250. Although the dumping was brisk, each dump was moderately-sized. The bid book was kind-of thin to begin with: that's why it sagged. So, accordingly, did the ask. Nxt's stirrings from its 6000-satoshi slumber is the likely factor that explains Supernet slumping in Nxt terms but rising a bit in Bitcoin terms.

As I write this, the low as is at 246.9 and the high bid is at 242.01. Correspondingly, I'm leaving the NFDSupeNet orderpair on the NFD AE at 7575 NFD per unit and the buyback bid at 7450 NFD.

Both Bitcoin and Nxt have perked up recently in fiat terms, which means that Supernet's fiat value is rising nonetheless. So, there is an indirect upside to UNTY's droopiness.

ahmi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:23:31 PM

Please tell me any how to sell Pixcoins??
Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:03:54 PM

Please tell me any how to sell Pixcoins??

I don't know. If the announcement thread for it doesn't have an exchange listed, you could ask there if anyone trades it.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 04:55:00 AM

Supernet had a bad day on Bter, but its plunge was easy to explain: Nxt itself took a plummet as Bitcoin shot upwards on the Coinbase news. Unfortunately, Nxt failed to keep pace: it lost about 6% vis-à-vis Bitcoin today.

Inevitably, that led to another big dump on Bter this evening Eastern time. Almost 800 UNITY rammed through the orderbook and whacked the price down to 0.013 from 0.0146. From there, both the bid and the ask drifted down below that low to the 0.012s. The most recent trading has been trades at small volumes, probably from bots.

On the Nxt AE, Supernet didn't do all that badly until mid-afternoon. Until then, it was trading in the high 240s and even touched 250 by a nice-sized Buy. But then the Sells predominated, whittling away the buybook until the high bid was worn down to 240. Add a dump of 200 UNITY at 238 late this night and you've got a high bid that's now in the high-mid 230s. Unfortunately, the ask has followed suit.

As I write this, the low ask is at 239 and the high bid is at 236. Nxt itself is trading at 5700 satoshis. With these numbers, the implied BTC price of the low ask is 0.0136; that of the high bid is 0.01345. As I write this, the low ask at Bter is 0.01276 but its volume is microscopic: so are all the asks up to well above those implied prices.

In accordance with the formula, I'm leaving the overnight NFDSupeNet orderpair at unusually low levels: NFDSupeNet was hit both by Supernet's slide and Nxt's tumble. The offer is at 6825 NFD per unit and the buyback bid is at 6775 NFD. That's how the gloomy arithmetic works out this day.

Nxtblg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:49:37 AM

Nxt had another rough day today, as it slid down near the 5000 satoshi level before bouncing up somewhat. This may have influenced the steady stream of Sells of Supernet in the Nxt AE: some of them likely wanted to get out of Nxt itself while the latter was tumbling. The selling pressure pushed the price down to the low 230s, and of course took its toll on the high bid. Not so much the low ask, though, which is now significantly higher than yesterday's.   

This could have been prompted by UNITY's relative stability at Bter, where it pulled up a little after being hammered by yesterday's dumping. Trading volume has also quieted down there too. There's a nice bid at 0.013, which in terms of Nxt has an implied price of 249 Nxt. That's higher than the current Nxt AE low ask, so there's an arbitrage play for the nimble who want to sell their Supernet on Bter, buy Nxt and buy UNITY back on the AE. Assuming, of course, that Nxt stays at ~5200 satoshis or goes lower. 

Perhaps heartened by this stability, a couple of small trades in the AE came in at the then-low ask of 247.711. A couple of other sellers came in, so the low ask did drop to its current 244.9899, but that's still well above its low. The high bid is nearly unchanged at 235.3, but it's up from where it was after that stream of selling. Bidders are coming back, but cautiously.

Because NFD's low ask stayed stable while Nxt cascaded downwards, NFDSupeNet again made new lows until Nxt itself turned around. As I wind down for the night, I'm leaving the NFD AE orderpair at 6350 NFD per unit of NFDSupeNet and the buyback bid at 6175 NFD.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: