Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcment: Brand-new miner EMIC PowerModule - 5.65 TH/s  (Read 26255 times)
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:22:19 AM

Seemed too good to be true.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:56:27 AM

send me a test unit to review and verify u are not a scam

Oh, I have already offered them this via PM. Still no any response on my offer. So looks like we can just forget about this "manufacturer"...

If you want to throw away money that is fine with me, just send it to me to throw it away rather then a scammer.

I am ready to receive their BTCs too. I will use them for some good things, trust me.  Grin I'm serious!  Roll Eyes

16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm

Cheesy

16Yr4vWg7zj8TLQ5pjZQLeKE7LtsSCASmm

FTFY!
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:21:52 AM

Well, he replied to me lol

I emailed him with a question about the miner about a week ago.
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:57:59 AM

An update on my stupidity  Cool

Got this in my email today:

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for purchasing our product!

Sorry for delay, but we are getting lot of messages and requests. I can confirm your order, and that we received full payment. In next one work day I will send you an confirmation.

This confirmation will be in pdf format and it will be signed using qualifited electronical signature. This will be offcial evidence and confirmation of your order.

Happy mining!

--
Regards,
Michał Krawczyszyn.

EMIC - European Mining Innovation Center
ul. Puławska 34 bud 27
05-500 Piaseczno
Poland

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:36:36 AM

Hello Thomas,

Sorry for delay, but we are getting lot of messages and requests. I can confirm your order, and that we received full payment. In next one work day I will send you an confirmation.

This confirmation will be in pdf format and it will be signed using qualifited electronical signature. This will be offcial evidence and confirmation of your order.

Happy mining!

--
Regards,
Michał Krawczyszyn.

ul. Puławska 34 bud 27
05-500 Piaseczno
Poland

Buy & Hold
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:39:59 AM

Hello Thomas,

Happy mining!

--
Regards,
Michał Krawczyszyn.

ul. Puławska 34 bud 27
05-500 Piaseczno
Poland

And it only cost 1.8 something BTC Smiley

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:59:17 AM

Hello Thomas,

Happy mining!

--
Regards,
Michał Krawczyszyn.

ul. Puławska 34 bud 27
05-500 Piaseczno
Poland

And it only cost 1.8 something BTC Smiley

For a Polish Dumb Fax?

Why the extra work when a readily available system could've done the same thing seconds after the order was placed? Hell, just send the receipt via third-class mail.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:22:04 AM

I, too, just got my reply. Anybody want to see it including the complete header?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:45:40 AM

Just PMed to him now:

Hi, you posted you are using our (ckolivas an myself) software cgminer and an old version.
Unless that was a complete scam comment, you will now be able to immediately post a link to the source code for the changed version of cgminer and I will be able to at least see that you have done something over the months you have supposedly spent in development.

cgminer GPLv3 requires you to give the source code to anyone you supply a cgminer binary to, if they request it.
i.e. any customers you actually supply with miners.
Of course if you are a scam and you are never going to provide customers with miners then of course no source code is required.

I am posting this PM on the forum also.

There is NO reason for you to NOT be able to reply to this with a full source code link within 24 hours unless you are spending days faking a reply or simply just a complete scam and unable to produce such software modifications with a new driver for your hardware.

To be able to deliver in February means you will already have full designs and completed hardware for pretty much everything but the actual wafer being packaged and given to you - which would happen in the next couple of weeks at the most to be able to meet an END of February deadline.
You will already have full schematic diagrams for everything and thus you could also either:
1) post these on the forum to waylay the fears that most believe you are a scam
or
2) ignore doing that coz ... you are a scam

Please reply within 24 hours or post results on the forum within 24 hours.

Lastly of course, ckolivas and myself already regularly receive hardware from the main manufacturers of bitcoin mining hardware and we are easily able to evaluate and prove that something is, indeed, real mining hardware since we wrote most of the cgminer code and most of the drivers in cgminer.

It doesn't matter what excuse you come up with, doing the above things: posting source code links, posting schematic diagrams, posting information that can prove you are actually doing and have almost completed what it seems you are faking, will not in any way damage your company if it is legitimate. Not posting that information now, will damage it or simply prove it is a scam.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:56:21 AM

Good one Smiley. Turns out GPL can be used for scambusting.

Just curious - are all vendors compliant with this - Bitmain, Spond, AM? I kind of remember there was some quarrel in one of Bitmain threads about the source code, not sure if it was about GPL though.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:32:14 AM

Good one Smiley. Turns out GPL can be used for scambusting.

Just curious - are all vendors compliant with this - Bitmain, Spond, AM? I kind of remember there was some quarrel in one of Bitmain threads about the source code, not sure if it was about GPL though.
Most vendors are.
Bitmain has been slow in the past.
A few Chinese vendors completely ignore it since their laws seem to let them.
Pity people still buy from those Chinese vendors, and support them ignoring the GPLv3 - but I guess it's not rare for people to really not give a damn about that unless they can gain from it directly.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:55:45 AM

+1 Kano (and no contact with You or ckolivas about cgminer are next sign of very poor scam)

Still no possibility to contact by phone... its just off.

And user last active: Today at 03:05:03 so Michał is watching but clearly have no more to add...

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:40:48 AM

He told me that test unit will be sent to dogie... Dogie still keeps silence about it...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:07:09 PM

He told me that test unit will be sent to dogie... Dogie still keeps silence about it...

he told me the same thing anonymously decided !
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:57:54 PM

Did I missed something? I am reading here now that people are buying this even without prove of existence .... . Did someone confirmed that miner is real and had chance to test it?
I am curious.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:44:05 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 06:10:34 PM by legendster

... If us throwing away 1.8541 BTC helps 1000 other people  ....

So you're all rich old farts Tongue I say that with the utmost respect off course Smiley

Regardless, do keep us informed about what this turns out to be. Trust me if this 6Th/s for $600 turns out to be real then it is a solid deal for many of us Indians & would appreciate it.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:55:01 PM

Did I missed something? I am reading here now that people are buying this even without prove of existence .... . Did someone confirmed that miner is real and had chance to test it?
I am curious.

There is no evidence it exists, but that doesn't stop people from wasting their money.

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:02:47 PM

I am curious.

There is no evidence it exists, but that doesn't stop people from wasting their money.

Some Phinnaeus(sic) dude once said there's a sucker born every minute. If it looks like a Ponzi scheme, smells like a Ponzi scheme, quacks like a Ponzi scheme, and you even clearly tell your customer base that it's a Ponzi scheme, you'll still near-overload your servers with activity.

As promised 100 hours http://cryptodouble.com/?ref=hx4ls bitcoin invested back twice.

https://blockchain.info/address/1EwmGMg4fCTPSV8NuBxR4DbdZFiU2ZbgaV

Everything looks like a big ponzi but although at the beginning, you can earn some money.
It is important to back out at the right time and take the right strategy Smiley

After these four days I am at zero and 2 BTC which drain into the Saturday I'll try a few times to multiply.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:08:42 PM

While this may sound pedantic, I don't think that this is a Ponzi scheme at all. I think it's more like outright fraud, where you you sell something that doesn't exist, or that you don't own. Kinda like when I tried to sell the Brooklyn Bridge a few years back. Smiley

I thinks Charles Ponzi would take great offense, from his grave, at this being called a Ponzi scheme.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:49:04 AM

While this may sound pedantic, I don't think that this is a Ponzi scheme at all. I think it's more like outright fraud, where you you sell something that doesn't exist, or that you don't own. Kinda like when I tried to sell the Brooklyn Bridge a few years back. Smiley

I thinks Charles Ponzi would take great offense, from his grave, at this being called a Ponzi scheme.

Apologies for the misunderstanding, for I was in no way implying that EMIC is a Ponzi scheme. I merely was pointing out the "there's a sucker born every minute" aspect, using an obvious Ponzi scheme by its owner's own admission, yet crypto-coiners flocked to, then participated on the site. Ergo, if EMIC is a scam, he'll profit handsomely off it, rinsing and repeating the process, for why kill the golden goose model when there's still millions of marks to be had?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: