Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcment: Brand-new miner EMIC PowerModule - 5.65 TH/s  (Read 26255 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:51:04 PM

I would buy this as I'm sure many would, if it wasn't a scam.
If it wasn't a scam we would see this company everywhere, because they would be making millions right now.
It is 2-1-15, they would have had a unit int eh hands of some notable forum members for testing and review.
If this is / was real, and if they were sincerely interested in selling this product any nda involving testing would surely have been lifted for marketing reasons.

There are too many people lined up for manufacturers saying take my money for a legitimate company to have this kind of negative attention at this point in their advertised timeline. Sure, there have been companies who did preorders which are great todo buisness with, Spoondoolies, but who else?

I wish upon a star this product could be ordered today,delivered within a few days, and setup hashing by next weekend between 5.4 and 5.7, but alas I also wish for a rich, hot, mute Blonde chick to drop in my lap and adore my every word, and I put the same amount of faith in both wishes.

Mr. if you want to run a scam you should hang around and read up on the forums a bit more. You have to sell something a bit more believable, remark products from other manufacturers without getting caught, and get your pre orders in queue then disappear. Blatant scams with specifications such as this are too big, too much noise, and the only way anyone will buy one is if they see one running with someone they trust. E.g. a legendary reviewer who has reviews other products, and if you were to pick dogie you would have to send one to someone else as well because so many will say Dogie isn't enough.
Then you could scam some of us, but not before!

Scammers checklist:
1. Believable product
2. Pay off Dogie
3. Pay off legendary member of forum with good reputation and reviews already under their belt.
4. Start taking pre-orders.
5. Run away and hide for the rest of life or hire bodyguards when going out in public. (Recent action by another known scammer in crypto community and bonus points if you call it!)

Again, man I wish it were so, but as we all know, if you get snocked in the snow, you either have a wet butt or knees and most people in this community are getting just too darned smart for n00b scammers and knees are just a bit sore to be getting on them again so soon.

5. = GAW. How many bonus points did I earn?

And, fuck you for mentioning snow.  Tongue I shoveled by hand 8" this morning, and just dug another ~8", and the shit is still fallin'. It's gettin' so bad here, I'm startin' to pick up a New York attitude.  Wink

Ding Ding Ding
Tell him what he's won Bob

Oh MFG, I won Zonki! First, I'm goin' take her to the movies. Then,...

Please, Jehovah, let Zonki be the four-legged critter that I'm witnessing behind door number two.

On a side note, rest assured that ASIC's site went down due to the weight of all them SSL certificates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrashBoomBen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:17:32 AM

Hi all. I'm one of the "smart" people who saw EMIC on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Since a good friend of mine has solar panels, I thought this would make a very good investment.
So I placed an order, paid it, etc.

On the website it is said you receive an order confirmation after 48 hours at most, so either their clock has been broken for two weeks now or either something else is going on. I mailed EMIC again today, saying that if I haven't heard from them in 24 hours, I'm going to the proper authorities. I'll let y'all know how this turns out tomorrow. Same time, same channel.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:24:46 PM

Hi all. I'm one of the "smart" people who saw EMIC on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Since a good friend of mine has solar panels, I thought this would make a very good investment.

On the website it is said you receive an order confirmation after 48 hours at most, so either their clock has been broken for two weeks now or either something else is going on. I mailed EMIC again today, saying that if I haven't heard from them in 24 hours, I'm going to the proper authorities. I'll let y'all know how this turns out tomorrow. Same time, same channel.

Good luck!
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:42:37 AM

While I would be absolutely stunned if you actually got anything besides a PDF confirmation, please report back on your outcome. I hope you are able to recover some of what you paid, since I expect this is a full on fraud. Sorry to be so negative........
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:03:17 PM

are ppl still asking for proof? santa must be real! Grin
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:10:12 AM

whew, got sidetracked - hello!

Well, it's only barely February - they still have 3 weeks to deliver Wink
( Promises of "lot of data right ater new year" aside. )

They've already been removed from the Bitcoin wiki (bitcoin.it) hardware comparison list, and I amended their main entry (EMIC) to point out that only pre-orders are being accepted and that no hardware actually exists at this time (as per their own FAQ).

I agree that this smells of scam, but at least they're not claiming to have hardware and then not showing anything for it - just the regular pre-order vaporware variant of scam. Getting to be about time that they start showing something, anything, if they're supposed to deliver in Feb though Cheesy

As an aside, if I were crazy enough to order, I'd definitely order the Polish version; Apparently it's 0.02W/GH/s more efficient than the English version: https://emic.com.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/shemat.jpg

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:45:45 AM

EMIC's escape routes mapped:

CrashBoomBen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

While I would be absolutely stunned if you actually got anything besides a PDF confirmation, please report back on your outcome. I hope you are able to recover some of what you paid, since I expect this is a full on fraud. Sorry to be so negative........
As you may have noticed, I'm pretty negative myself about the whole thing, so no worries. Wink
I ended up not even waiting 24 hours, and filed a complaint with the Belgian ministry of finance. They're supposed to get the ball rolling.  Huh
I'll keep you all updated.
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:42:39 PM

They've already been removed from the Bitcoin wiki (bitcoin.it) hardware comparison list, and I amended their main entry (EMIC) to point out that only pre-orders are being accepted and that no hardware actually exists at this time (as per their own FAQ).

I agree that this smells of scam, but at least they're not claiming to have hardware and then not showing anything for it - just the regular pre-order vaporware variant of scam. Getting to be about time that they start showing something, anything, if they're supposed to deliver in Feb though Cheesy

As an aside, if I were crazy enough to order, I'd definitely order the Polish version; Apparently it's 0.02W/GH/s more efficient than the English version: https://emic.com.pl/en/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/shemat.jpg
Good eyes. Since you mention it, I notice the Polish version is 0.023 verses English 0.025W/GH/s. As they said, Devil is in the details.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:52:21 PM

Probably the ASICs are built to do math with Polish notation and the English version uses a tidbit of extra power to do the conversion.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:19:36 PM

I agree that this smells of scam, but at least they're not claiming to have hardware and then not showing anything for it - just the regular pre-order vaporware variant of scam. Getting to be about time that they start showing something, anything, if they're supposed to deliver in Feb though Cheesy

Good eyes. Since you mention it, I notice the Polish version is 0.023 verses English 0.025W/GH/s. As they said, Devil is in the details.

Looks like Polish Tic-Tac-Toe, where every play's a winner or loser depending on what day it is.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 01:34:29 AM

I don't know why you guys bother filling this thread with "I thought it was a scam yesterday, I think its still a scam today".... Just let it die already.

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:13:10 AM

Because it's still fun to pick on scammers, even if they're not around to defend themselves?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:26:26 AM

Because it's still fun to pick on scammers, even if they're not around to defend themselves?

I guess that'd make us bullying-the-scammers picker-onners.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:37:53 AM

I will proudly belittle anyone who makes a living by ripping people off. Unfortunately these days that keeps me pretty busy, especially in America.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:55:56 AM

I will proudly belittle anyone who makes a living by ripping people off. Unfortunately these days that keeps me pretty busy, especially in America.

Worldwide issue.

Look at the culprits.

It is spread everywhere.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 08:00:17 AM

come on now!!!  if you guys are going to loose BTC, you can buy a real miner in stock now days...   Grin

Edit: I could not resist...   Roll Eyes

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:36:03 PM

come on now!!!  if you guys are going to loose BTC, you can buy a real miner from our farm now days...   Grin

edited Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:42:45 PM

come on now!!!  if you guys are going to loose BTC, you can buy a real miner from our farm now days...   Grin

edited Grin

Funny!

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:54:41 AM

That would be a Centaur WarRunner Hoof Stomp stun.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██