Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and alternative coin symbol font  (Read 1658 times)
arshidkv12 (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:49:12 PM

You can download font .otf file .  Install and press B for BTC , L for  LTC , D for Doge

http://i62.tinypic.com/6gair7.jpg

Download 

Please make small donation Smiley

Bit Coin: 18ByaikWCJvHRGgtyeEwTNQ8U6VJvj19Jf

I will make font for your cryptocurrency ,
Just PM Skype:arshidkv12

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trevon

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

Sorry but this might sound really noobiesh  but how do i use it? I downloaded it and installed. Now it's in my fonts folder checked it from control panel.
But when i try it in word office it's not doing anything. What am i missing? Do i need a reboot a something else.  Huh

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 08:55:25 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 12:58:22 AM by bg002h

I modified a font to put in symbols for 4 bitcoin denominations...the rationale behind the symbols is here: http://ž.co/bitcoin.html

The font itself is here: http://ž.co/Coelacanth_btc_at_0b1c.ttf

The original font is here: http://openfontlibrary.org/en/font/coelacanth

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Trevon

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:01:36 PM

Augh, again how do i use it. I need something a btc/ltc sign that i can add to any text file like in this comment with a couple keystrokes.
@bg002h Downloaded that font too installed and again in word or anyplace else nothing.
Sorry i have never add a font before.

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:46:47 PM

Sorry but this might sound really noobiesh  but how do i use it? I downloaded it and installed. Now it's in my fonts folder checked it from control panel.
But when i try it in word office it's not doing anything. What am i missing? Do i need a reboot a something else.  Huh

hxxp://www.kingofswords.com/images/Fatbastard.jpg

Can you stop adding that image to your posts?

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 09:58:23 PM

Augh, again how do i use it. I need something a btc/ltc sign that i can add to any text file like in this comment with a couple keystrokes.
@bg002h Downloaded that font too installed and again in word or anyplace else nothing.

Easiest to copy and paste from web site (use the bottom section of the site, or copying this *Might* work: Bitcoin ଜ, mBTC ଝ, bits ଞ, Satoshis ଟ). To type directly, on a Mac, enable Unicode hex input and then hold option, type 0 b 1 c, and let go of option and the character at that position in the font you have selected will print.

The character that really lives at U+0B1C is this one: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0b1c/index.htm

The font program I used doesn't allow private use area usage...

Anyhow, no one will see it the way you do unless they install the same font. And when they copy and paste, it won't render right in another font. As far as keyboards and Unicode are concerned, there are no bitcoin symbols.  

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:49:33 PM

hxxp://www.kingofswords.com/images/Fatbastard.jpg

Can you stop adding that image to your posts?

When I am allowed an avatar I will  Wink

Regards
PBT

An ignore heading your way then. If you want avatars to come, then get coding to make a secure avatar system that theymos will like, instead of taking up mobile bandwidth and vertical space.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 11:35:41 PM

Here's a screen shot of my font above...it's trickier than I thought to move an image from my phone to a web server using ftp, ssh, etc from just my phone...grrr!

Here's the pic:

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 01:01:04 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 02:17:38 AM by bg002h

You can put BTC in here by typing "[" btc "]" (no quotes or spaces).

As far as using a font to do so, you're out of luck. There are no bitcoin symbols in Unicode; any font anyone makes that support such symbols will need to be on the viewer's computer for it to render as intended.

The tricks I pull on my site above are done by having the webpage download the font and render it in the browser.

That said, there are so many things in the font to massively improve upon. It's a lot of work...but it's open source and anyone is free to give it a go.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: