Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your Bitcoin pitch?  (Read 1889 times)
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:57:45 AM

Hooking someone on one single aspect they might actually use first is a good way of getting them started imho. They can be bombarded with all of the other aspects some time later:p

I tend to tell people about the fast & cheap 'transmission' aspects more than the other sides of BTC: if they want to send someone money rather than buying something from a company.

This is one of the uses that is less impacted by the day to day price volatility i think: buying something with BTC from a retailer does imply that a person has to care about the day to day value as theyre more likely to not spend every penny of their BTC at once (eg. shipping costs altering 'round total' amounts or they might want to buy from a couple of places and take some time to shop around etc - eg. if I want to buy stuff I might put in $15 in my BTC wallet and only spend 12.95 in one place then $2 in the next place a few days later).

When people send money to someone they know its usually to send every penny they put into the system - so they just do a single purpose transaction (ie if I want to send my buddy $10 Im not going to buy $15 of BTC or put $15 in my paypal/WUnion etc). So theres less concern about day to day value of BTC.
Once they get used to using it for that purpose, they are more inclined to start using it for purchases and tips/donations and 'topping up' their BTC accounts for increasing number of uses.

Anyway, the way I do it is to figure out which aspect of BTC appeals to the person Im talking to at the time and just mention that side only to them first. One bread crumb at a time to lead them along.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBoost

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:02:21 AM

Most of the people I meet are from traveling internationally. Trading between currencies is a real pain in the ass, easy sell.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 02:20:05 AM

Want to ditch the banks, use Bitcoin.

princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

I try to convince the open-minded people I know, but it's really not easy at all. As someone said before, lead by example. The thing is, BTC is still growing, apart from all the good qualities you can tell people about BTC, in reality there aren't many benefits to using them, you just gotta believe in it.

A few of my friends thought this was a good idea because of the technology behind it and came to this forum. Most people I talk to about BTC get tired of BTC because the process is "too hard" or it's "too much trouble"  it's understandable. It takes time for people to get convinced and jump into BTC. Most news about BTC are discouraging and make people think it's a bad investment or a bad currency.

TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:02:50 PM

I don't pitch it to anyone. I selfishly, enjoy the technology myself Tongue
JK. I just tell how it is better than Fiat. And, send them some btc to get them started.

Some BTC Shocked

Can I be your friend?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Sharpe

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:11:34 PM

My pitch is: BUY BITCOINS OR DIE. I then tell them about the impending apocalypse and collapse of the economy and fiat money  Cheesy.
sobitcoin (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:30:27 PM

Hooking someone on one single aspect they might actually use first is a good way of getting them started imho. They can be bombarded with all of the other aspects some time later:p

I tend to tell people about the fast & cheap 'transmission' aspects more than the other sides of BTC: if they want to send someone money rather than buying something from a company.

This is one of the uses that is less impacted by the day to day price volatility i think: buying something with BTC from a retailer does imply that a person has to care about the day to day value as theyre more likely to not spend every penny of their BTC at once (eg. shipping costs altering 'round total' amounts or they might want to buy from a couple of places and take some time to shop around etc - eg. if I want to buy stuff I might put in $15 in my BTC wallet and only spend 12.95 in one place then $2 in the next place a few days later).

When people send money to someone they know its usually to send every penny they put into the system - so they just do a single purpose transaction (ie if I want to send my buddy $10 Im not going to buy $15 of BTC or put $15 in my paypal/WUnion etc). So theres less concern about day to day value of BTC.
Once they get used to using it for that purpose, they are more inclined to start using it for purchases and tips/donations and 'topping up' their BTC accounts for increasing number of uses.

Anyway, the way I do it is to figure out which aspect of BTC appeals to the person Im talking to at the time and just mention that side only to them first. One bread crumb at a time to lead them along.

I smell a marketing education =)
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

I try to convince the open-minded people I know, but it's really not easy at all. As someone said before, lead by example. The thing is, BTC is still growing, apart from all the good qualities you can tell people about BTC, in reality there aren't many benefits to using them, you just gotta believe in it.

A few of my friends thought this was a good idea because of the technology behind it and came to this forum. Most people I talk to about BTC get tired of BTC because the process is "too hard" or it's "too much trouble"  it's understandable. It takes time for people to get convinced and jump into BTC. Most news about BTC are discouraging and make people think it's a bad investment or a bad currency.

=) Lead by example, so true. I find the response is typically positive when I have a computer and everything set up and get them to try the wallet and a transaction. 
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:01:54 PM

When you tell people about bitcoin, what is your pitch?

Why? I want to help promote cryptocurrencys to the average joe, the people who can help support the businesses accepting bitcoin by using it in their daily expenditures.  Associates that understand investing, marketing and the technical side of things.... no problem... Merchants have the potential to use awesome services that set them up in minutes with great checkout buttons/options and protect against fluctuations why wouldn't you accept it... 

Basically, i just want to hear how you guys approach/pitch bitcoin your social circles, and what has been successful in getting your less technical friends involved with bitcoin for daily p2p transfers or typical consumer purchases.

I'm just introduce bitcoin to my classmate, and i get 3 friends who interested with bitcoin, especially if i show bitcoin price to them, tell to them how easy to transaction(no need verify) and low fee! Cheesy
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:10:48 PM

When you tell people about bitcoin, what is your pitch?

Why? I want to help promote cryptocurrencys to the average joe, the people who can help support the businesses accepting bitcoin by using it in their daily expenditures.  Associates that understand investing, marketing and the technical side of things.... no problem... Merchants have the potential to use awesome services that set them up in minutes with great checkout buttons/options and protect against fluctuations why wouldn't you accept it... 

Basically, i just want to hear how you guys approach/pitch bitcoin your social circles, and what has been successful in getting your less technical friends involved with bitcoin for daily p2p transfers or typical consumer purchases.

I'm just introduce bitcoin to my classmate, and i get 3 friends who interested with bitcoin, especially if i show bitcoin price to them, tell to them how easy to transaction(no need verify) and low fee! Cheesy

Well done, thanks for spreading the awesome word of Bitcoin with your social circle!
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

ha, i wish. would make my life a lot easier!

Tongue

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

What is your Bitcoin pitch?

Curve ball ..  Grin  Grin  Grin

Triff ..

madmax6688

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:59:29 PM

Control your own bank account and do whatever you want at any time! Bang, bitcoin no banks.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:07:20 PM

I just say, "Hey, I just bought an Amazon gift card using Bitcoin and you can use it to pay for all kinds of things if you know where to look. Price is down bigtime right now, so if you buy now and hold for a while, it might go back up."
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:54:26 PM

What is your Bitcoin pitch?

Curve ball ..  Grin  Grin  Grin

Triff ..

Smooth  Cheesy

Merry Christmas all you animals in here!  Looking forward to a positive 2015 in this community.
sobitcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:56:07 PM

ha, i wish. would make my life a lot easier!

Tongue

Haha, not missing much, 5 years of telling you to think differently, but teaching you to think the same as everyone else in the room.  Happy holidays  Cheesy
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:55:48 PM

Someone pitch bitcoin to the "Shark Tank" if no ones ever heard of that its one of those tv investment shows
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

Someone pitch bitcoin to the "Shark Tank" if no ones ever heard of that its one of those tv investment shows
Their products are based on consumerism. Bitcoin isn't a consumer product yet.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:23:30 AM

I never use my Bitcoin to purchase, for I do not take it as a currency, but just an investment. I can accept a truth that the price of Bitcoin increases after I purchases goods, which means I spent more on the goods than its value. However, I hope Bitcoin can be widely used in expenditures, in this way, there would be a new boom for it. Therefore, I will try to use Bitcoin to purchase more and more, the value of Bitcoin can be maintained for many elements.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: