Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin curious + regular debited donations  (Read 1066 times)
deja69 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:48:04 PM

Hi..just trying to get my synapses around Bitcoin.
Due to ethical and logical reasons,i feel a reticence to have any dealings with Paypal.

My main reasons for posting is,i wondered if there was an existing or developing methods of Bitcoin direct debit.

I am finding my way through the Linux/Unix open source world,and i am absolutely aware that developers work very hard and mostly rely on donations simply to finance to their server costs.

I just wondered if there was a way of configuring Bitcoin to be able to scan installed applications on your operating system,then share a monthly set Bitcoin amount to the accounts of all the applications you use at a given time?

I understand this is a potentially difficult concept,and has several questions that relate to how it impacts on your system and security concerns..also it is dependent on any given developer actually in a position to accept Bitcoins.

It would just be a cool way to show appreciation,and make sure developers efforts are rewarded,most of us are in difficult financial situations,and one off donations are a tough decision when you are considering how to pay the mortgage!
Whereas regular micropayments shared through a set amount makes life easier for all concerned.

Any suggestions would be useful .Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:12:27 PM

My main reasons for posting is,i wondered if there was an existing or developing methods of Bitcoin direct debit.
No. There is no such thing as direct debit with Bitcoin.

I just wondered if there was a way of configuring Bitcoin to be able to scan installed applications on your operating system,then share a monthly set Bitcoin amount to the accounts of all the applications you use at a given time?
This would be extremely dangerous for obvious reasons, and is not even possible in a completely automated fashion if the wallet is encrypted, since that makes it completely impossible to make a payment without requiring the user to enter the passphrase. Any system which allows payments to be made without the user's passphrase, or which randomly pops up a dialog asking for the user's wallet passphrase (and thus conditioning users to enter their passphrase without checking the transaction details) is asking for trouble. And by "trouble", I mean you'll lose all your money with no hope of ever getting it back and if you complain about it here we'll just laugh and say "I told you so" and then you'll get upset that we're not being more supportive. And that's not a good outcome for anyone.

I understand this is a potentially difficult concept,and has several questions that relate to how it impacts on your system and security concerns..also it is dependent on any given developer actually in a position to accept Bitcoins.

It would just be a cool way to show appreciation,and make sure developers efforts are rewarded,most of us are in difficult financial situations,and one off donations are a tough decision when you are considering how to pay the mortgage!
Remember, this is real money you're talking about. Bitcoin is not a bank, there is no deposit insurance, and all transasctions are irreversible. If your money is lost or stolen, you're never going to get it back. Security must always take precedence over "cool" features, because losing all your money isn't cool.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:29:35 PM

If I were to do this I would look at popularity contest on ubuntu and setting up an online wallet service. No way I'd have software that complex interacting with my wallet...unless I wrote it.

I do think Bitcoin provides many ways to support free software development and services to increase user freedom.
muqali

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:42:09 PM

I point you to.
https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/
and for bitcoins
https://my.fsf.org/donate/other/

donations BTC: 1CaCwo4xneTqTLEdomW76Cg5NteZyvXi1c
donations LTC: LTcasvjtLuN92ks1Pc1qtkvE9PswsXEbev
Pages: [1]