Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One Click - Proposal for BTC Economy Partnership  (Read 921 times)
jostmey (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 05:38:16 AM

The BTC Economy plugin (wiki, demo page) now averages several hundred clicks a day, which is in no small part because nearly a dozen sites support it. Just yesterday 31 people clicked on the "Shopping Cart" button which means that some of these people were seriously thinking about buying.

Right now, when someone clicks the "Shopping Cart" button they are taken to the website where the merchandise is sold. Merchandise cannot be purchased directly from the plugin. This makes the buying process slow and cumbersome, and potential sales fail to happen. To fix this problem, people need to be able to buy merchandise with just a few clicks.

I don't want to setup my own store that acts as the backend to plugin. This would shift my focus away from the plugin to maintaining an online store.

I want to explore the possibility of partnerships with bitcoin stores, bidding sites, and classified pages. Perhaps we can work out an agreement and set of APIs where people are able to make purchases directly in the plugin (or from anyone else operating the API?) with only a few clicks. I think such an arrangement would be hugely beneficial to everyone.

Consider this a brainstorming session ....

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: