Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:30:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give me a break!  (Read 2291 times)
vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:54:05 AM

You are holding the best hybrid of currency, commodity and store of value world has ever seen and does not know about it yet. It’s based on Mathematics… Unlike other currencies and even precious commodities it’s future supply is known, hard-coded and limited. It can not be printed by central banks, it’s value will not be affected by newly discovered mineral deposits, or manipulated by shady accounting and inflated expectations of Wall-Street firms.

In 5 to 10 years you will be able to walk into your local coffee shop, supermarket or a gas station and scan your credit-card size hardware wallet with the same ease as using your credit card today. All complexities of the protocol and difficult to understand underlying technology will be hidden behind secure, intuitive and easy to use interface.

You will be able to arrive at an Airport or a Train Station in any major city around the world without any need to carry traveler’s cheques or stack of paper bills to exchange for    local currency. Bitcoin ATM will be right there, to dispense the local fiat in exchange for some Bits in your Bitcoin wallet - a minor inconvenience till Bitcoin becomes global, universally accepted currency.

I know, it’s very hard to see now days. Progress is happening on the background while we are blinded by BTC-e and Huobi charts, deafened by complaints from people seeking instant gratification, disheartened by theft, scam and incompetence in the ecosystem.

I believe one day this will change. And personally, I wouldn’t want to get caught on the wrong side of that day.

As for now I’m thankful for depressed BTC price, thankful to traders flushing out weak hands, thankful to efficient Chinese mining farms who let the rest of us, latecomers, to get in at the lower price point. I’m buying at $300, $130 or $3, and if I can buy it at 0 I will gladly take that opportunity as well.

And if you think I’m a dreamer, check again in a few years... I might be the one who is wide awake now, and you are the one still sleeping.

P.S. No offence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Braedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:33:53 AM

Excellent way to sum it all up. I'm going to continue to buy what I can afford to regardless of the price.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 12:33:16 PM

i missed the very early days of the internet but iam glad that i dont miss the early stages of that great technology.

but without learning about BTC alot of people will come and go and because for some folks 1 month is already a long timeframe  Wink

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 12:36:47 PM

People will come and go. Those with conviction will outlast the rest. Bitcoins future is still bright.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:45:34 PM

technology hate ... useless things.
Bank will die at the end and Bitcoin, cost efficiently ... win.
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:52:26 PM

the best hybrid of currency, commodity and store of value world has ever seen

not true.

Bitcoin isn't a store of value

and it's not "the best" hybrid of the things you name - it's just the one you hold or know about.
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:12:50 PM

You will be able to arrive at an Airport or a Train Station in any major city around the world without any need to carry traveler’s cheques or stack of paper bills to exchange for    local currency. Bitcoin ATM will be right there, to dispense the local fiat in exchange for some Bits in your Bitcoin wallet - a minor inconvenience till Bitcoin becomes global, universally accepted currency.

+50 countries visited so far and one of my 3 credit/debit cards always worked everywhere.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 02:33:12 PM

+50 countries visited so far and one of my 3 credit/debit cards always worked everywhere.
Who cares about such cards?
If you're a supporter of the currently flawed financial system, you are in the wrong place.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:53:09 PM

I love your summary
I agree 100% and have been trying to back my words with action by buying btc at these prices

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:54:39 PM

Who cares about such cards?
If you're a supporter of the currently flawed financial system, you are in the wrong place.

Only if we had an internet everywhere. I hope there is a future with off-chain transactions for bitcoin.

Dajve

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

You are holding the best hybrid of currency, commodity and store of value world has ever seen and does not know about it yet. It’s based on Mathematics…

As much as a I love bitcoin it hasn't been a great store of value this year. Lost the most amount of value than most fiat currencies currently.

In 5 to 10 years you will be able to walk into your local coffee shop, supermarket or a gas station and scan your credit-card size hardware wallet with the same ease as using your credit card today. All complexities of the protocol and difficult to understand underlying technology will be hidden behind secure, intuitive and easy to use interface.

Well I certainly hope you're right.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:51:27 PM

There should be more people like OP but the price proves that there's still more non believers. Bitcoin is in a tight spot. If it goes a bit lower there won't be only "weak hands" jumping the ship.
Don't forget that everyone, who bought BTC this year lost value. Note that I'm not saying lost money because they switched from one thing to another, but they can't buy as much as they could for it, so they are in a disadvantage.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:17:46 PM

I say bravo to op. This -is- the kind of attitude I want to see in the community.

vm_mpn (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:46:19 PM

not true.

and it's not "the best" hybrid of the things you name - it's just the one you hold or know about.

Care to name a few M?

BTW: Thanks for your comments everybody.
Mudd

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:19:07 PM

not true.

It is a store of value, it's just performed poorly as one this year. I think in the long run it'll show to be a pretty good one as well. Just keep holding on.
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:42:16 PM

great post and I agree 100%. You summed up the overall picture very well.

Your vision of the future is what I think will happen too. It takes special imagination to really see the future in a realistic way like that-- not everyone can get past the short term "issues" and media stories.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:10:37 PM

"Bitcoin really is one of the most important inventions ever made in the entire history of the world. It’s the first time in the entire history of the world that anyone can send or receive any amount of money with anyone anywhere else on the planet. And you don’t need permission from a bank or corporation, nor even governments for this matter. And you can send or receive any amount of money just like that for…practically, for free. And nothing like this has ever existed before in the entire history of the world."

R.V.

If that is not a gamechanger then i dont know.  Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:11:53 PM

You are holding the best hybrid of currency, commodity and store of value world has ever seen and does not know about it yet. It’s based on Mathematics… Unlike other currencies and even precious commodities it’s future supply is known, hard-coded and limited. It can not be printed by central banks, it’s value will not be affected by newly discovered mineral deposits, or manipulated by shady accounting and inflated expectations of Wall-Street firms.

I know, it’s very hard to see now days. Progress is happening on the background while we are blinded by BTC-e and Huobi charts, deafened by complaints from people seeking instant gratification, disheartened by theft, scam and incompetence in the ecosystem.

I believe one day this will change. And personally, I wouldn’t want to get caught on the wrong side of that day.

As for now I’m thankful for depressed BTC price, thankful to traders flushing out weak hands, thankful to efficient Chinese mining farms who let the rest of us, latecomers, to get in at the lower price point. I’m buying at $300, $130 or $3, and if I can buy it at 0 I will gladly take that opportunity as well.

And if you think I’m a dreamer, check again in a few years... I might be the one who is wide awake now, and you are the one still sleeping.

P.S. No offence

There are those who can see trends coming in advance...and those who chase the trends.

That is how the world works I guess.  Huh

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

i missed the very early days of the internet but iam glad that i dont miss the early stages of that great technology.

but without learning about BTC alot of people will come and go and because for some folks 1 month is already a long timeframe  Wink

I remember using the internet in 1995 and never thought that it could be what it is today. I was 12 back then so maybe I wasn't thinking about investments and monetary things.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:45:59 AM

P.S. No offence

agreed

HODL

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: