Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:13:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend me sources for learning norwegian  (Read 387 times)
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:43:18 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 09:15:39 PM by Welsh

After learning Russian and German. I want to move onto Norwegian. This has always been one of the things I needed to learn to get closer to my dream living in Norway. So, I've decided to start it today. Just like to know if anyone knows any particularly good sources which I might find helpful. I've got a few and I'm just going thorough some of them and seeing how extensive they are. I've already got a few books too, but I'll be looking for a audible source too.

This will probably turn into one of them projects which I will be splashing some Bitcoin and hiring a tutor eventually because What I have found with Norwegian is the lack of rich resources unlike the other languages I've learned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:48:42 PM

If your dream were to live in Norway why in the first place you learn Russian and German and not Norwegian? I do not quite get it. Also you may try to check youtube. I find that many people are posting tutorials and courses of many different languages there.
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:53:18 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 09:04:41 PM by Welsh

If your dream were to live in Norway why in the first place you learn Russian and German and not Norwegian? I do not quite get it.

I had a Russian girlfriend for quite some time which contributed to me wanting to learn Russian. German is what I was taught in school, which is the weakest out of the both. I've always been determined to get good at the ones I've already been studying, before moving onto something which is entirely different. It was a strange one because of living in Wales at the time I was in school, we were taught English, French & German.

I always forget to mention that I learnt English & Welsh at the same time (Probably why I'm not too good at English), our school didn't simply stick to one language but, crossed them over. I don't know why, seems there aren't many Welsh schools in Wales any more, mostly English. But, Welsh must be taught regardless if it's a english speaking school or not.

Although, Welsh has been the most useless, But I don't like to forget my heritage and love the history of my country and it's language. Although, I think I read that only 13% of Wales now uses Welsh as their first language and most of those people probably live in North Wales.

Also you may try to check youtube. I find that many people are posting tutorials and courses of many different languages there.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've got a few people in mind and I've bookmarked them for the time being. Unfortunately I've found Youtube to be pretty scattered in learning Norwegian. I like to be able to learn from the same teacher, as you get used to their personality and their approach. What I found when looking for resources on Youtube that there wasn't many channels which were fully focused on delivering Norwegian lessons, or if they were dedicated to it they have only made a few videos and have not touched upon the subject extensively. Although, I do understand some of them might be doing a weekly episode so progress might be slow, but I would rather go at my pace and not be waiting around for someone else to release a video.

Then again, I'm finding wonderful text based resources, but I don't consider my English to be wonderful as in pronunciation or maybe it's self doubt. I like to be able to hear the word. I've looked at the possibility of getting a Kindle just because it seems viable for this reason. I've always steered clear of Kindles as I saw them as pointless for reading books.

The more I've got into this and looking for a place to learn it the more I've wondering about personal Norwegian teachers. I wonder if we have some Norwegians here which are looking for some work?

Seems like I Might of found a good one which I will be delving into tomorrow. If anyone else has any other suggestions, then please feel free to let me know because, I'm always looking for more resources to look at.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: