Bitcoin Forum
February 25, 2017, 02:27:23 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much book keeping do you guys do?  (Read 2033 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1316

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:41:48 AM

I am just curious as to how much book keeping everyone else does?

For me personality since I do re-use alot of my address like a lot of people on here probably do, I have been keeping an excel spreadsheet with 5 columns. First is the Payee/payer if I do have a name. Second column is their address(es) from where the bitcoins were sent or received. Third column is like a memo and 4th is the transaction id. The last column is amount if negative I know I sent it and if positive I know I have received it.

I wrote an iOS app (that is waiting for review) to help manage bitcoin addresses...pm me and I'll give you a free copy when (if) it gets approved. It's called myBitcoin. Hopefully will be available within a week.

You should seriiously consider changing the name of the app.

Just look into the MyBitcoin.com fiasco from last year, and I guarantee you'll not want to be associated with that label in any way.

Apparently I named it myBitcoins (had to check!). I thought about the mybitcoin.com fiasco (crime), but I seriously doubt I will get more than a dozen buyers, if that, no matter what it's called. I wrote the code for myself to use and it does what I want it to do. I am putting it up for $0.99...if there is any significant interest, I will spend time improving it for others (presumably for fellow forum members).

If I were hoping to strike it rich, I would not pick the name (nor such a simple logo).

While I feel bad for those who got ripped off in the mybitcoin.com theft, I remember thinking the whole time it was so stupid to deposit money with some guy no one knows. I think linking a real identity to a username is sorely needed to give Bitcoin more legitimacy, and I think Mike's work with Casascius coins is a great example. I'm also not a fan of announcing stuff in vapor ware style (cough...ellet....cough), but my stuff is done just awaiting the Apple review...and it's no where near as important/revolutionary as what MNW is claiming.

Brian
(1427284033)

As promised, here's my iPhone app:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mybitcoins/id539677499?ls=1&mt=8

It's a buck... That is, until Apple takes Bitcoins.

Hardfork aren't that hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 12:43:58 AM

As promised, here's my iPhone app:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mybitcoins/id539677499?ls=1&mt=8

It's a buck... That is, until Apple takes Bitcoins.

It is a good app, very helpful! I recommend it!

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 12:44:57 AM

A lot.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.