Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Surge of Legitimate, Open and Public Projects - NobleNXT Leading the Way  (Read 1841 times)
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:34:05 PM

Make it short, and they scream 'incompetent'. Make it long, detailed, and specifically planned answering all possibilities and future plans, and it gets called 'not a whitepaper'.

Really?  Smiley

It's really more of a book at this point.
http://www.whitepapersource.com/writing/whats-the-ideal-length-for-a-white-paper/

I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset, especially a business. There's no technical innovation, is there? That's what I was asking? Why would someone, particularly a business, want to tie themselves to a nxt asset with a (imo) stupid sounding name? Especially when they could just issue their own asset.

The only point to this venture, as far as I can see, is to get people to burn noble, which in turn probably enriches the dev, because it increases scarcity and he probably owns a fuckton of noble.

"I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset,"

Of course you don't, you didn't read Smiley

I'm not going to waste my whole vacation digging through the "white paper". I actually did read through the first ten pages or so a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything substantial, just this oft repeated mantra of being a business friendly crypto backed asset.

I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset. If you can't explain the core concept of something in a few sentences, it might just be too convoluted or unnecessarily complex. Thanks for your suggestion to read the white book, maybe someone else can offer a succinct explanation.

^ This is why we can't have nice things.

That saying has never been more appropriate Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:35:37 PM

Make it short, and they scream 'incompetent'. Make it long, detailed, and specifically planned answering all possibilities and future plans, and it gets called 'not a whitepaper'.

Really?  Smiley

It's really more of a book at this point.
http://www.whitepapersource.com/writing/whats-the-ideal-length-for-a-white-paper/

I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset, especially a business. There's no technical innovation, is there? That's what I was asking? Why would someone, particularly a business, want to tie themselves to a nxt asset with a (imo) stupid sounding name? Especially when they could just issue their own asset.

The only point to this venture, as far as I can see, is to get people to burn noble, which in turn probably enriches the dev, because it increases scarcity and he probably owns a fuckton of noble.

"I still don't see why anyone would want to use noble nxt rather than setting up their own colored coin/nxt asset/bts asset/counterparty asset,"

Of course you don't, you didn't read Smiley

I'm not going to waste my whole vacation digging through the "white paper". I actually did read through the first ten pages or so a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything substantial, just this oft repeated mantra of being a business friendly crypto backed asset.

I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset. If you can't explain the core concept of something in a few sentences, it might just be too convoluted or unnecessarily complex. Thanks for your suggestion to read the white book, maybe someone else can offer a succinct explanation.

"I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset."

Rather than which company? which individual?
That is exactly the point - noxt is trying to establish a registered company with it own asset.

If you specify a specific competitor with similar idea I might be able to answer "why noxt" but I don't really understand what you mean by "other companies suggesting their own crypto asset",
Can you provide any examples?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

"I was simply asking what is the benefit of using a nxt asset tied to a low market cap clone coin rather than a company or individual starting their own nxt/bts/xcp asset."

That is exactly the point - noxt is trying to establish a registered company with it own asset.

If you specify a specific competitor with similar idea I might be able to answer "why noxt" but I don't really understand what you mean by "other companies suggesting their own crypto asset",

OK, so what is the point of the noxt corporation? Any company can issue their own asset, so why would someone want to buy assets from a company whose only apparent function is to issue an asset. I'm not asking for a detailed (100+ pages) detailed description of the inner workings. Just a few sentences on what you envision the use case(s) would be. Sorry to interrupt your glorious thread with my lack of intelligence.
pikuchato

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:00:39 PM

OK, so what is the point of the noxt corporation? Any company can issue their own asset, so why would someone want to buy assets from a company whose only apparent function is to issue an asset. I'm not asking for a detailed (100+ pages) detailed description of the inner workings. Just a few sentences on what you envision the use case(s) would be. Sorry to interrupt your glorious thread with my lack of intelligence.

nop sorry, you will have to read the paper.

You can pay Australian taxes using noble pay, you can pay to 17k business over Australia with this token,trade precious metals, diamonds and jewelery (all under license of course), buy all brands of giftcards, use the market place, nobl trade (future web platform developed by me)

You can use noxt corporation for crypto currency consulting, publications, regulations, funds escrow and more (all under license of course).

Thats not even a summery, please read it yourself Smiley
Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:13:12 AM

2 hours until the crowdfund for NOXT is over. You can scoop up here:

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_noxt
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:57:08 PM

Crowdfunding is over, and the prices are steady and well above the crowdfund prices Smiley

Of course, it is not too late to join in the party.
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

how much did noble raise in the ICO?
eagleflies

Activity: 440
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:25:43 AM

About 130 BTC.
pikuchato

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:58:38 AM

Total Raised: 135BTC
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:27:34 PM

Cool - Noble looks legit. Hoping 2015 is a better year with a lot more legit projects.
Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 07:27:15 PM

NOXT stable on the exchanges - Loving the open, public identity dev who gets things done Smiley
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:54:44 AM

Cool - Noble looks legit. Hoping 2015 is a better year with a lot more legit projects.

That's the idea. As long as pump and dump groups manipulate exchanges and/or exchanges themselves engage in unregulated practices for their own profit at the outright expense of the customers to scam them, crypto will never take off.

Professionals like Jason Curby are needed in this scene and 2.0 platforms will bring in vast new opportunities for new liquidity to be introduced into the scene from legitimate, established businesses and financial institutions (hedge funds, mutual funds, investment groups and banks, venture capital funds, etc) in a scale that has never been seen before in crypto currency environment.

Those few tens of hundreds of millions will be nothing compared to what 2015 will bring if these professionals are accepted by the mainstream financial circles in 2015.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: