Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Collapse Headed for U.S. in 2015???  (Read 6120 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:43:26 PM

SO what are the indicators of the looming or pending collapse?

You gotta provide more detail for us to politic over!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:05:12 PM

The last thing Wall Street is thinking about is an economic collapse in 2015. After all, the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation is in check. But the fact of the matter is that these same indicators were also in check before the markets crashed in 1987, 2000, and 2008/09. Back in 2008/09, everyone on Wall Street, save for Michael Lombardi and Peter Schiff, was absolutely certain that the U.S. economy was the envy of the world and that it was rock solid.

I think an Economic Collapse is likely in 2015 or 2016 for the US.
hoversensitive (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:24:55 AM

The last thing Wall Street is thinking about is an economic collapse in 2015. After all, the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation is in check. But the fact of the matter is that these same indicators were also in check before the markets crashed in 1987, 2000, and 2008/09. Back in 2008/09, everyone on Wall Street, save for Michael Lombardi and Peter Schiff, was absolutely certain that the U.S. economy was the envy of the world and that it was rock solid.

Credit creation, the lifeblood of the capitalist economy, is way too low. If this is not going up anytime soon, it will lead to a deflationary collapse.

I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer. Could be reallly bad or it'll just muddle along completely out of touch with reality ala t2012-2014.

The two things in the distance that could really wreak havok are Greece leaving the Euro and / or the US raising interest rates.

Greece may happen; people are desperate and angry but will also depend on the nerve of Tsipras if elected.

The US will never be able to raise IR's.

There are prediction that the eurozone’s economic problems would only worsen. Having had the luxury of visiting Europe on six different occasions this year, It's been seen firsthand the deterioration in their economy. In 2015, Eurozone Depression Ahead though...!!!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:38:40 PM

I'd say by mid march we'll see the direction a bit clearer.

If you look at Japan, they (central bank and government) can keep the status quo for a very, very long time.

The US will never be able to raise IR's.

Japan, UK and the Euro zone are in the same position too. If you as an entrepreneur  sell a product at a fixed rate for the next 30 years, but cost are rising in the future above, you will go bankrupt. It's suicide. Banks make 30 year loans at fixed low rates, they would lose money, if their refinance rate goes above that. The only way out is significant growth so they can average up, but the high debt load prevents growth. Low rates are a dead end. Yes, FED, ECB, BoJ and BoE will never be able to raise rates again.

Yes Japan has zombie walked along for 25 years. I think by mid march we'll know if this Grexit will happen or not. If it does then I think there will be a sizeable stock correction. Looks like it may be gaining momentum today. We'll also see if Draghi can continue to calm markets with words re: QE EU. And you're right, no one can really raise rates. Seeing as though this low rate environmente is almost unprecedented for countries let alone continents, it will be interesting to see how long it can last.
Pugsly

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:55:26 PM

Alex Jones certainly seems to think so:

2015: Year Of The Collapse?
http://youtu.be/AO7cM2DN1yU

But he would wouldn't he? He likes to spread a lot of fear. In fact he makes a business off of it (I think he'd like this forum  Grin). Personally I don't think it will happen this year but I think were due another eventually.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:49:29 PM

The US would have probably not fallen into recession if it were not for the 9/11/11 terrorist attacks. The economic boom did peak in 2000, however we did not fall into recession until late 2011.

I don't think there was actually any kind of crisis in 1987, just a recession caused by the economic cycle.

I think it would be possible to fall back into recession in 2015 due to bad economic policy but I don't think it will be a full crisis. We tend to not see these major crisis this often
"terrorist" attacks
FTFY
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:50:47 PM

Alex Jones certainly seems to think so:

2015: Year Of The Collapse?
http://youtu.be/AO7cM2DN1yU

But he would wouldn't he? He likes to spread a lot of fear. In fact he makes a business off of it (I think he'd like this forum  Grin). Personally I don't think it will happen this year but I think were due another eventually.
Alex Jones is a fucktard.
He is not doing the truth community any service. His presentation layer is absolutely terrible.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:20:23 PM

Increasing public debts, increase of wasteful spending, decreasing quality of the employment market.
bitbouillion

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:01:26 AM

There are prediction that the eurozone’s economic problems would only worsen. Having had the luxury of visiting Europe on six different occasions this year, It's been seen firsthand the deterioration in their economy. In 2015, Eurozone Depression Ahead though...!!!

Eurozone's problem is the misconception of the Euro. A Grexit will fix nothing.

hoversensitive (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:59:26 AM

True though... Grexit will fix nothing..!! Embarrassed
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:34:14 PM

Not the US, Europe.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:50:03 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 01:15:07 PM by tee-rex

I've been predicting a crash for the first quarter of 2015 for awhile now just because of how high things all are right now and also everything is starting to look at the exact level it was at the 2008 - 2009 crash, the idea that you can have such a massive crash and then have everything go this high again as if it's 'normal' is ridiculous. The good news is for us at least, the more people who are in denial about this the more money there is to be made.

How are things looking now, up or down? With the USD soaring for the last months, interest rates turning negative in Europe, precious metals wiping the floor, are we still here to witness global financial destruction, epic economic meltdown, and maybe social unrest in the nearest future?
stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:04:50 PM

Increasing public debts, increase of wasteful spending, decreasing quality of the employment market.

China, or every other country in the world???
stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:10:32 PM

I don't think the USA has anything to fear in terms of this impending "Economic Collapse". Low and stable inflation rate, rising employment, rising equity market, all bullish at the moment.

Lots of people around the world wishing ill thoughts on the USA but their wish is just that, wishes. The USA has weathered the "Great Recession" of 2008-2014 remarkably well, especially compared to the Euro zone.

The USA will last anther 200 years at the top of the world.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:33:30 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2015, 09:45:23 PM by tee-rex

I don't think the USA has anything to fear in terms of this impending "Economic Collapse". Low and stable inflation rate, rising employment, rising equity market, all bullish at the moment.

Nothing to fear save for frenzied speculation in the financial markets right now. The same had happened just before the Great Depression set in. Regarding unemployment, the official numbers are either bogus or half true, since partially employed are not considered as unemployed. An astonishing 92,898,000 Americans 16 years and older did not participate in the labor force in the end of 2014,

But what no one is saying, wrote Clifton [Gallup CEO], is that if a person who is unemployed has given up on looking for a job -- perhaps because they have been so hopeless out of work that they haven't bothered looking for any employment whatsoever for at least the past four weeks -- then the Department of Labor does not count those persons as unemployed.

Wanna talk about rising employment, huh?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:16:37 PM

I think an Economic Collapse is likely in 2015 or 2016 for the US.

perhaps more EuroZone in first position ... and then, the US.
QE of Eurozone is on the road, so ... dead mine area here, now.

true-asset

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 11:41:36 PM

Every 6-8 years we have a crash - its known as the Short Term Debt Cycle

http://www.economicprinciples.org/

So yes, we are due for a crash in 2015/2016.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:08:32 AM

If the American system had any underpinning logic it would have collapsed by now. But it doesn't.  But it doesn't need logic so much, as the fantasy-factory funny money will always reign supreme as long as the US military has the strength it does.  The federal reserve could raise their self-paid dividend for every dollar they print from 6% or 8% (I forget what it is) to 20% and start printing 'the dollar' on toilet paper, it would still not collapse, because if it collapses everything collapses.

Short version: logic doesn't really apply to the US financial system, its a a complete fabrication that every must adhere to because the banking cartels have solidified their hold over the monopoly on money years ago.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:23:41 AM

How do you define collapse? If a collapse mean something's USD value drops, then FED only need to print a little bit more USD to support the collapsed price and everything will be back to normal

If a collapse means a collapse of USD's value e.g. everything's price will double each month, then FED just need to sell large amount of assets and reduce the available USD in banking system, thus USD will become scarce again, and stop the price inflation

The only problem is that people might give up using USD, then what FED can do with USD will have no effect on anyone who does not use USD. But that is not going to happen in 2015

tee-rex

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:59:02 AM

How do you define collapse? If a collapse mean something's USD value drops, then FED only need to print a little bit more USD to support the collapsed price and everything will be back to normal

If a collapse means a collapse of USD's value e.g. everything's price will double each month, then FED just need to sell large amount of assets and reduce the available USD in banking system, thus USD will become scarce again, and stop the price inflation

The only problem is that people might give up using USD, then what FED can do with USD will have no effect on anyone who does not use USD. But that is not going to happen in 2015

What about the U.S. national debt? Japan being out of the question (since it is not an independent country), but China deciding to cash out their U.S. Treasuries pool (i.e. 21% of all foreign-held U.S. Treasury securities) and then spend all these dollars? Would this pass for a collapse?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: