Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 01:02:09 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - Funded by Paul Graham  (Read 9456 times)
bbit
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 02, 2013, 02:01:35 AM

Necro thread Smiley - but hey, I actually came here today to see if Coinbase's reputation was holding up.

It is , it is ..I always use them!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blksith0

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

So why does this site not have an open market like other sites have?
Although it was simple to use, so that makes up for it.
constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:01:25 AM

Whats coinbase? tell me its no another Bitcoin copy..

Droid!
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 03:42:52 PM

No, it's a bitpay copy with a prettier but much more vague landing page.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 06:10:02 PM

My first bitcoin purchase through coinbase just completed today. Very nice.

redbeans2012

Activity: 854

MMM Extra - The right step towards the goal!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 12:27:17 AM

My first bitcoin purchase through coinbase just completed today. Very nice.

I just made a purchase the other day for the first time on coinbase.  Waiting for the coins now.  First time I bought coins in years.  Seems pretty cool though. Smiley

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Got GLIPH? https://gli.ph/m *p-d-d

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 04:13:37 AM

It's pretty slick.

My very own Casascius Bearer Bar: 1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
StarfishPrime

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Coinbase is a great place to point new bitcoin users to start buying/using bitcoin. The "paypal-like" concept where you can send bitcoins to anyone with an email address makes it pretty easy to get started without having to grasp any of the underlying technology or deal with long addresses (also supported of course).

Also, they maintain a large % of bitcoin balance in off-line/off-site storage (electronic media and paper, printed keys) - safe even from Kim Jong Un and his rogue EMPs

Paul Watson's Sea Shepherd Conservation Society now accepting BTC: http://www.seashepherd.org.au/support-us/support-us.html
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:46:57 AM

Legit complaint or nefarious attack ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/17qrlq/why_i_cant_recommend_coinbase_to_anyone/
bbit
Legendary

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 02:19:38 AM

I think an attack!  Angry
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 03:00:45 AM

Has anyone confirmed that the Coinbase iPhone app is legitimate?  I see no mention of it on the Coinbase blog.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
shwackd

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:44:24 PM

Coinbase is a giant scam. Please do not do business with them. I just tried to buy .5 BTC and they au tomatically cancelled the buy and sent this stupid e-mail explaining that it was a "high risk" transaction and that they "decided" not to send me any BTC and that they would refund me in 3 or 4 business days. They basically just stole my money for 3 or 4 days.  COMPLETE scam.

what makes it worse is that I reached out to customer support who assured me they had fixed my account and that I could go ahead and try the purchase again.... guess what? they cancelled it again!   Now they have over $1,000 of my money for 3 or 4 days and I get nothing... This is criminal and they should be shut down for pulling crap like this.

CLOT - LcijosSbLmWN1A28WkPKAuf4eB3w2nXrUF
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 1092

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:52:18 PM

AFAIK CoinBase is going to face multiple lawsuits soon. More reports are coming about them for alleged scam involvement. Here is one example => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341188.0

shwackd

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:46:42 PM

they resopnded to me saying they "whitelisted" my account and it would never happen again... lol... that is the resopnse I got from the first customer support agent..and it fixed nothing.  I will not be attemtping 4 purchases through this obvious scam.... I will stop at 3 attempts.   I will take my business elsewhere.

CLOT - LcijosSbLmWN1A28WkPKAuf4eB3w2nXrUF
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:18:36 PM

I think Paul Graham caused the recent price spike  Smiley

I think you could be right about this someone like him could easily move it!  Grin
yes, who is paul graham? if he had any relationship with mr. satoshi, and what he may Think when doing so. nevertheless, he gave a great influence for bitcoin
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:05:22 PM

Coinbase is a giant scam. Please do not do business with them. I just tried to buy .5 BTC and they au tomatically cancelled the buy and sent this stupid e-mail explaining that it was a "high risk" transaction and that they "decided" not to send me any BTC and that they would refund me in 3 or 4 business days. They basically just stole my money for 3 or 4 days.  COMPLETE scam.

what makes it worse is that I reached out to customer support who assured me they had fixed my account and that I could go ahead and try the purchase again.... guess what? they cancelled it again!   Now they have over $1,000 of my money for 3 or 4 days and I get nothing... This is criminal and they should be shut down for pulling crap like this.
They are taking on a extreme amount of risk as generally speaking you can reverse ACH and credit card transactions while you cannot reverse bitcoin transactions. Coinbase needs to carefully screen it's customers when they buy from them as they likely get scammed often

This spot for rent.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 994

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 02:04:07 AM

It has always worked really well for me and everybody else I know that used it, though I don't know many.

NEM      Faucet      Slack Invite      Easy API’s      Light Wallet      Amazing White Paper       Supernodes     Telegram Invite     Mijin 
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:55:32 AM

I'm waiting for the 51% attack, where they sell 51% ownership to a big bank.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
leezay

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:38:24 AM

They are taking on a extreme amount of risk as generally speaking you can reverse ACH and credit card transactions while you cannot reverse bitcoin transactions. Coinbase needs to carefully screen it's customers when they buy from them as they likely get scammed often

It is hard to reverse ACH transfer.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

It is hard to reverse ACH transfer.
You could claim the ACH was unauthorized. You could put a stop payment on the transfer. There could be insufficient funds in the account that the ACH is withdrawing from.

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.