Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Programmer looking for work  (Read 1812 times)
jack-o-lantern (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 11:07:27 PM

Hello!

I'm looking for any sort of computer related work (be it programming, pen-testing, whatever).

• I know Python, C++, HTML, CSS and PHP
  • I know my way around most operating systems; although Linux is what I'm most comfortable with
  • I'm quite experienced when it comes to exploiting local area networks; basic MITM attacks and ARP exploitation.

So if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:11:26 PM

I know rjk is looking for a a program that will take the recommended fan speeds from cgminer and send them over serial to the arduino fan controller I'm making him.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:29:36 PM

I know rjk is looking for a a program that will take the recommended fan speeds from cgminer and send them over serial to the arduino fan controller I'm making him.
Yeah I've been forgetting to ask around. I figured I'd try it out and see how it worked now first.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
jack-o-lantern (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:57:25 PM

Yeah I've been forgetting to ask around. I figured I'd try it out and see how it worked now first.

It sounds like a fun project. I'm not very experienced with arduino apart from reading about it, though. If you decide to hire a programmer, just drop a message and we can discuss it more in depth.
jack-o-lantern (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 04:42:28 PM

Just bumping a little.

I don't mind helping out with homework or school related stuff, I can also teach the basics of programming. For bitcoins, of course.
ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:29:10 AM

I hired Jack for a little coding work related to weather and IP adresses !

He did a terrific job !  very good and very fast !

Will be his customer again!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
Nyaaan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 01:44:42 PM

I need a ring 4 rootkit.
jack-o-lantern (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:36:03 PM

I need a ring 4 rootkit.

I'm not sure if you're serious, or if you even know what you're talking about.

Rings go from 0 to 3, so either you're looking for the fourth one (which would be ring 3) or the first one (which would be ring 0). Making a rootkit for ring 3 would be quite pointless, and making it for ring 0 would be quite difficult. I've never encountered any 0-day vulnerabilities for kernel level applications, especially not any exploits.

So assuming you don't have access to any relevant exploits, I won't help you. But I'm pretty sure you were aware of that already, which brings me to this question; why even ask?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 02:49:33 PM

why even ask?
He's the local troll, and can be safely ignored.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:06:14 PM

Could you make a webpage to generate a cgminer config file?  I could make it, but it'd be in excel or something.  I'm only good with VB lol.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:14:14 PM

Could you make a webpage to generate a cgminer config file?  I could make it, but it'd be in excel or something.  I'm only good with VB lol.

That would be really cool. Maybe like an easy to read set of forms, or a wizard perhaps.

tarrant_01

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:30:25 PM

Yea, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be willing to pay for that.

I'm no expert at configuring CGMiner either.  I know enough to get my GPU's clock set, intensity, etc. Mining with only BFL Singles and setting the temp cut off's for those.  My biggest thing would be quickly swapping pool priorities.

jack-o-lantern (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:45:22 PM

Been without internet for some time now, so now that I'm here again I'll just bump up the thread a little.

Could you make a webpage to generate a cgminer config file?  I could make it, but it'd be in excel or something.  I'm only good with VB lol.

I'm probably not the right guy for this job as I have no experience with cgminer, unfortunately.
jack-o-lantern (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 07:11:52 PM

Just bumping a little.

I'm still here guys - constantly looking for new work.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 07:50:22 PM

Just bumping a little.

I'm still here guys - constantly looking for new work.

I might have some work for you modifying 2 open source scripts.

Do you have MSN, jabber or skype? PM me your addy please so we can have a little chat.
J.P. Larocque

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 03:59:49 AM

That would be really cool. Maybe like an easy to read set of forms, or a wizard perhaps.

I'd be happy to put together a form to do this.  How about what amounts to a wizard, but laid out all on one page?  The page will be organized by areas of interest, and help text can be expanded for each option.

The form will be implemented in Javascript.  This will a single HTML file, about 1-5 JS files, and possibly some CSS or other resources.  (Optionally, it should be possible to bundle everything together into one HTML file, for extra convenience.)  I'm choosing Javascript because this will make it easy for anyone to run the form locally and won't require a web server.

After filling out the form, two bits of text are put together and shown in output text boxes at the end, ready for copy-and-paste: one is the list of flags to pass onto cgminer, and another is the list of options that were selected, in a format readable by this form script.  It's the same information in both cases, just presented in two different formats.  The idea is that you'll edit your script which starts cgminer and paste in the new list of options, and you'll also keep a copy of the script-readable version (maybe right alongside as a comment).  If you need to make a change, copy the script-readable version back into an input textbox at the top of the form and all the options will be repopulated with your previous selections.  (This also opens the door to let users throw the HTML on a web server and then generate "permalinks" with the current page URL, and all the configuration as the query portion of the URL, e.g. "http://example.com/cgminer.html?temp-hysteresis=3&etc&etc".  That aspect won't work out of the box just yet because it's not a primary goal, but it won't take much work to go in that direction.)

I'm not a cgminer user myself, but it looks like the options are documented on the GitHub project page, which is really all I need.  If there's a more appropriate resource I should take a look at to view available options and what they mean, please point me in that direction.

Reply or send me a private message with how much you would like to pitch in to make it happen.

Please let me know how much anyone would like to chip in to make this work.  I feel like this is about 15 BTC worth of work, but I might be willing to entertain lower offers.  This will be an open-source project with terms under the ISC license (it's like the BSD license, and is GPL-compatible), unless a private bidder outbids the public bid (the sum of what the public bidders would pay), in which case copyright will be assigned as a work for hire to that winning private bidder.  I think think this is fair and makes sense, but let me know if you'd rather see different terms.  If it looks like there will be interest in making this happen, I'll move this to another thread (since this is off topic to OP's thread--sorry!).

tarrant_01

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 10:13:38 AM

With GPU's on the way out, all the configuration of cgminer might not be needed much longer.  I have a feeling if you made this, it'd be only used for a few months.

Thanks for looking into it.

J.P. Larocque

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

Just now notes timestamp.

D'oh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: