Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S3+, suddenly a hashing board stops  (Read 971 times)
DarkRavenGamer (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:52:03 PM

I can feel how one hash-chain is cold while the other one is working fine. When I login to the GUI I can only see one hasing board with 0s.
This has happened a few times before. The only way to fix it is to restart the PSU.

I´ve been gone for 2 weeks and when I checked the hashrate on my pool I could see that some hasing boards have stopped working, and one even powered back on??

https://i.imgur.com/oMvDi4h.png

The PSU I´m using is  Corsair RM-1000W (one PSU -> 2 miners)
This has happened with the stock firmware and also with the latest firmware.

I´m running all my S3+ B11 overclocked... maybe that is the problem?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkRavenGamer (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

It looks like I'm down even two more boards... down to 2.8GH (from over 3.8 ). I will be home January 5th. Then I will be able to see closer on what is going on.
DarkRavenGamer (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:18:58 AM

Another board stopped today. Down to 2.6GH
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:22:57 PM

Mining gears are not like Pentium or AMD or xion servers, they do need baby sitting to make sure they run at optimum condition and time to time, you have to power cycle.  When you see sign of problems, fix them and intervene before further damages are done!!!

If you travel a lot, and want to make sure your mining operation at home is taking place, may want to have some webcam, networkable smoke detectors (heat sensors) and networkable PDU and VPN to access your miner's web control panel for the safe operation! 

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:25:55 AM

Mining gears are not like Pentium or AMD or xion servers, they do need baby sitting to make sure they run at optimum condition and time to time, you have to power cycle.  When you see sign of problems, fix them and intervene before further damages are done!!!

If you travel a lot, and want to make sure your mining operation at home is taking place, may want to have some webcam, networkable smoke detectors (heat sensors) and networkable PDU and VPN to access your miner's web control panel for the safe operation! 

Like mentioned mining can require a little more attention.   It's nothing compared to the time I spent babysitting during GPU days.  But 2 weeks is a while unless you have it VERY VERY fine tuned.

Do you have access to log in to miners?  When you restart miner does it go back to working or is the hashing board not coming back no matter what?

(If going to be gone for weeks might look at M's program to watch ant miners it can do a lot of things automatically).
DarkRavenGamer (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:36:39 PM

Alright, I just got home and both miners that were clocked to 250 had their 2nd chain filled with XXXXXX XXXXXX while the top one is working fine. Another one says 0 GH/s but the temp is telling otherwise, the chip indicator is also saying everything is fine. Another intressting thing is that the elapsed time differs on all of them, from 8 days to all the way down to 4 hours? Does that mean the miners have a built in restart?

Also, doing a software reset(using the network interface) won't start the "broken" chain. I need to switch off and on the power. I can't do that remotely... so what is causing all these strange things?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: