Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:15:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ledger wallet vs Entropy  (Read 4650 times)
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 12:25:41 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 12:43:49 AM by bitkilo

I have been looking into buying a devise to help with my cold storage, im down to these 2 to choose from,
Can anyone give me a few good or bad points on each, the extra security card with ledger is a good and bad point IMO.
Help me make up my mind, i want to buy today,
Thanks,

Edit: Just read tha there is a delay on shipping with the Mycelium Entropy, does anyone know if there talking about the orginal or the HD device they wanted to make?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6234

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 07:10:23 PM

Entropy should be shipping VERY soon. From the Dec 25th update:

Hello. First of all, we hope that you are enjoying the holidays. As you know by now, we, sadly, were not able to be a part of your gift exchange.

We finally received an update from the factory on Monday. They let us know that production is still going, but that they won't be able to ship before the 25th of December (today). At this point, we were told to expect them any time from 26th onward, without any explicit dates. As a result, our CTO had to cancel his holiday vacation, and is spending it in the office, waiting just in case they arrive some time within the next week. Some of our developers are staying home so they can be available to help package and ship as well, and I'll still be around to give any updates, help with processing and placing shipping orders, and to listen to any concerns, complaints, and angry disappointed letters should anyone feel like directing them our way. To give a better estimate for the time, here is the process once we get them in the office: our devs and CTO will be flashing the units (we have a rig to do many at a time), packaging and sealing them, and then when they are done shipping them in bulk to our distribution centers. Flashing and packaging will probably take a day or three, and shipping another few days. From there, they will ship directly to you. I don't know exactly how long flashing and preparation will take, because there are a lot of orders to process and items to pack. At this point, we have 915 units ordered to ship. We tried to expedite the manufacturing process by asking the factory to do a 1000 unit production run as a rush job, instead of the 5000 as we initially planned, and ordering the remainder for a later delivery. Lucky for us, our preorder numbers were below 1000, so everyone should be covered. Unlucky for us, this rush job still ended up being not fast enough.

Anyway, that's all the information we have at the time. Again, we are sorry we couldn't be a part of your holidays, but we hope that they are full of cheerful and happy celebrations for you

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:28:07 AM

Thanks for the info Davef, i ordered my Entropy last night, paid with BTC of course.  Smiley
Hopefully they ship very soon.

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 07:44:39 AM

Anybody know if these actually got shipped on or around the 25/12/15?
Don't mean to sound impaient, just excited  Smiley

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 04:48:58 PM

We got an update from the factory that manufacturing will be finished Tuesday, then it's assemble, package, and ship.
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 05:20:45 PM

We got an update from the factory that manufacturing will be finished Tuesday, then it's assemble, package, and ship.
Any more updates?
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 09:39:57 PM

Any more updates?
-Dave
I have been in email and PM contact with Rassah and last week was told they were still having problems with their manufacture.
He thought they were at the stage of being put into their metal cases.

I can't wait for mine and there has been a long delay but Rassah has been really good always answering my emails regarding status of the Entropy device.
Lets hope shipping in a week or 2  Wink

DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:26:52 PM

Any more updates?
-Dave
I have been in email and PM contact with Rassah and last week was told they were still having problems with their manufacture.
He thought they were at the stage of being put into their metal cases.

I can't wait for mine and there has been a long delay but Rassah has been really good always answering my emails regarding status of the Entropy device.
Lets hope shipping in a week or 2  Wink

And another month goes by with no contact Sad
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cetus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:17:29 AM

-Dave

Entropies have arrived at distribution locations and are being prepared for shipment to customers.
Full story here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2xp6ss/mycelium_entropy_update_for_monday_march_2nd/
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:25:18 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 06:59:09 AM by odolvlobo

-Dave

Entropies have arrived at distribution locations and are being prepared for shipment to customers.
Full story here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2xp6ss/mycelium_entropy_update_for_monday_march_2nd/

I received my entropy today. It's perfect. It's a major milestone in true cold storage.

I'm in California.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
DaveF
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 01:09:31 AM

-Dave

I received my entropy today. It's perfect. It's a major milestone in true cold storage.
Where are you located?
-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:08:43 AM

Im in Australia and still haven't received mine, i did order quite late, about late December 2014.
If anyone who has received theirs could they please say where they are from and when they placed their order, if so it would be much appreciated.

cetus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:21:32 PM

Im in Australia and still haven't received mine, i did order quite late, about late December 2014.
If anyone who has received theirs could they please say where they are from and when they placed their order, if so it would be much appreciated.

I heard the first batch was incomplete, and 200 more units are expected from the factory.  Most orders are shipped in chronological order, so yours will most likely come out of that 200-unit batch.
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:02:26 PM

I maybe want to order a Ledgerwallet. Can anyone recommend the device? My fear is, that it's too small, so I could lose it..
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:25:50 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 01:54:58 AM by Rassah

All of these hardware devices are small, can be lost, or could break. Make sure to have a backup.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:54:25 AM

I maybe want to order a Ledgerwallet. Can anyone recommend the device? My fear is, that it's too small, so I could lose it..

The Ledger wallet comes with a lanyard and a key ring and other various ways to attach it to something. I attached it to the security card (after punching a hole in the card). I don't think there is a problem with losing it.

I like the Ledger wallet. The security card is a little inconvenient, but it is cheaper than the Trezor. Also, shipping cost is high so you might want to buy several at the same time with some friends.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
vvv8

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:47:35 AM

I recommend buying 2 HW ledger wallets (they have a Duo option). One for main, the other as a backup just incase (you can copy the data from 1 ledger wallet to the other to make replicas holding the same amount of your bitcoins).

HW ledger comes with a security card. IMHO, it's bullet proof. It requires a plugin for google chrome to work, but from my experience using it, you can rest assured that you won't get your bitcoins stolen.

The ledger wallet can even be replaced if you lose them or break them.

From all the features it has, i would recommend this to anyone.

I haven't used the others, but this one met my expectations in all areas, and I really loved the google chrome plugin interface.
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:59:27 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 02:36:16 PM by Reynaldo

They added the ledger wallet application for pairing (I believe its for the security code, correct me if im wrong);

I bought both of them, I believe they server different purposes, entropy real cold wallet, ledger quick way to hold some coins and spend them anywhere with a computer or cellphone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: