Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rare address hall of fame  (Read 64654 times)
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:43:37 AM

How the hell was the bitcoin eater address found? That thing would have taken a while to generate wouldnt it?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it the bitcoineater address wasn't found. It was created manually and only works because it fits the base 58 algorithm with the proper checksum at the end so you can send bitcoins to it.
Is that why Btc cant be withdrawn from it?
BTC can't be spent from it for the same reason they can't from any other address - no one has guessed a private key.

I guarantee you there are quadrillions of private keys that correspond to that address (about 2^96).  But good luck finding even one of them.
ok I get it, the wallet exitsts but no-one has the private key cool
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:09:56 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 03:14:40 AM by xhomerx10

Surprised nobody has beat my 11 real word yet lol.

Only took 1 night with two 660 ti's, running about 48Mk/s and a lot of words.

As the number of letters in a word increases the number of available words decreases and the difficulty to find them as a bitcoin address increases exponentially so it's not surprising there are no 12 letter words yet.
 It would take about 100 days with your rig and a file of 3000 words for a 50% chance of finding a single case-insensitive match.

This is my 12 letter real word address and I only found this by sheer luck while searching out 8 letter matches.

1BubbLingsoup9hqv7cjnnrWFt9GmEmCHS

message: xhomerx10 controls the address 1BubbLingsoup9hqv7cjnnrWFt9GmEmCHS

signature: G88+0rJjr5Q0kULSz4BNH93fPpeKuLugfZl0IZtWVGoQOPicNK/dkQ7E5wa3JeFugKjmXgw3sRXCkkCXI2SJn7E=

Added to the hall of fame. Congratulations!

Thank you!  I am honoured.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:01:27 AM

How the hell was the bitcoin eater address found? That thing would have taken a while to generate wouldnt it?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it the bitcoineater address wasn't found. It was created manually and only works because it fits the base 58 algorithm with the proper checksum at the end so you can send bitcoins to it.
Is that why Btc cant be withdrawn from it?
BTC can't be spent from it for the same reason they can't from any other address - no one has guessed a private key.

I guarantee you there are quadrillions of private keys that correspond to that address (about 2^96).  But good luck finding even one of them.
ok I get it, the wallet exitsts but no-one has the private key cool

I don't really think that's exactly right either.  Basically look here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_Bitcoin_addresses

In the section "how to create a bitcoin address" you'll notice that step 0 is "have an ECDSA key", but i ymagine that in step 1 you can start with a random number rather than a public key corresponding to a private key you know.  You just go ahead and do the hashing and the checksums and you've invented a bitcoin eater address which doesn't have a corresponding private key known by anyone.  It's not really true to say "the wallet exists" (wallets are software), but it is true that your address can't spend any bitcoins sent to it (because no one can sign transactions to spend them).
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 05:27:19 PM by BG4

What is the best setup to more key/sec ??

Any good rig know that can work?

I currently run 2 R9 280x not bad but only 45mh.

Any idea which card are the best?

TIME is all that is needed......My gpu rig ran all summer, 2 years ago.........
And a Huge pattern list, I had well over 150 patterns...

I was only doing 30 million a second
So you're the fucker that satoshi-spammed all the firstbits addresses?  Thankfully that scam died a death.

All but the few I use and the ones I posted here have never seen the light of day from the USB drive they are sitting on...... But can you link me to the satoshi-spammed firstbits addresses thread... interested what you are talking about.....
Kaneki

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:16:54 PM

The most remarkable addresses (*) found in the blockchain will be listed below.  

Hall of Fame
------------

111111i4VTdHkzFqV2a4jntfZkdVk6B         (shortest address: 31 characters - owner: HugoTheSpider)
1odfsrirfbxtwjoviseqdnuixwvhsnPbJ       (longest lowercase prefix - owner: wtfvanity)
19279281759997344NJ2KMcdRZNVT5rHhq      (longest digits-only prefix  - owner: wtfvanity)
1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX      (all-uppercase - owner: etotheipi)

1otohotohMoQoxHux
LBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc
      (longest pronounceable prefix - owner: otoh)
1BubbLingsoup9hqv7cjnnrWFt9GmEmCHS      (12-char real-word vanity address - owner: xhomerx10)

123XjDj2ZQwgogCBZkYDrvUQBCR14ZJ321      (6-char palindrome address - owner: svenfaw)

Any others?

(*) I will only consider addresses that have an actual owner, so not stuff like:  

1111111111111111111114oLvT2   
1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE      (more info)

wow this is cool, I hope I can have like this Shocked
TheGr33k

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:25:50 PM

wow this is cool, I hope I can have like this Shocked
Its pretty rare, my best wallet is a 7 character wallet which took days to generate 1Greekhut, pretty cool imo but 11 characters case sensitive is crazt
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:26:13 PM

The most remarkable addresses (*) found in the blockchain will be listed below.  

Hall of Fame
------------

111111i4VTdHkzFqV2a4jntfZkdVk6B         (shortest address: 31 characters - owner: HugoTheSpider)
1odfsrirfbxtwjoviseqdnuixwvhsnPbJ       (longest lowercase prefix - owner: wtfvanity)
19279281759997344NJ2KMcdRZNVT5rHhq      (longest digits-only prefix  - owner: wtfvanity)
1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX      (all-uppercase - owner: etotheipi)

1otohotohMoQoxHux
LBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc
      (longest pronounceable prefix - owner: otoh)
1BubbLingsoup9hqv7cjnnrWFt9GmEmCHS      (12-char real-word vanity address - owner: xhomerx10)

123XjDj2ZQwgogCBZkYDrvUQBCR14ZJ321      (6-char palindrome address - owner: svenfaw)

Any others?

(*) I will only consider addresses that have an actual owner, so not stuff like:  

1111111111111111111114oLvT2   
1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE      (more info)

I just realized not all addresses have the same characters. What is the minimum character and longest character count per address possible and based on what?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:44:54 PM

I just realized not all addresses have the same characters. What is the minimum character and longest character count per address possible and based on what?
Give this a shot: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_Bitcoin_addresses
Edit, actually.. that + https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding#Creating_a_Base58Check_string

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:15:35 PM

Whats the point of vanity addresses tho? The only thing it accomplishes is making it easier to track down your BTC. I would never use them. If you have a business you should use different addresses anyway. I guess its just for shits and giggles?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:32:35 PM

Whats the point of vanity addresses tho? The only thing it accomplishes is making it easier to track down your BTC. I would never use them. If you have a business you should use different addresses anyway. I guess its just for shits and giggles?

I think you can ask the same thing about "vanity" license plates used in the USA (maybe elsewhere?), that is, you can ask what the point is.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_plate

But I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "makes it easier to track down your BTC".  If you mean in a good way, as in perhaps you can search a little easier on blockchain.info or something like that, you might be right (but I think you're still going to have to remember the nonvanity part somehow or another, unless they have a "search for prefix" or something like that).  But if you mean that it makes it easier for someone to brute-force your private key, I don't think you're correct at all.  The search space for btc addresses is waaaay too large.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:58:06 PM

i have been running my pc nearly 24 hours in order to get myself a unique address but still no result. i am trying to get as much same numbers or letters as possible.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

Well they are still great if you want an address someone can donate to. If you post your donation address somewhere on the Internet it can also be track to you so you can just go and make a vanity address to begin with. It's mostly out of novelty reasons but hey, why not?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:33:16 PM

i have been running my pc nearly 24 hours in order to get myself a unique address but still no result. i am trying to get as much same numbers or letters as possible.

What are the constraints that you've set? Are you looking for an address with certain first bits or what are you looking for? If the number of characters is too high you won't be able to find an address. The time it takes to compute such an address rises exponentially, You have always got to keep that in mind or you will end up waiting for a year to get your address. Also keep in mind that the generator may not even know if the address you are looking for is it impossible to find.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:23:51 PM

What are the constraints that you've set? Are you looking for an address with certain first bits or what are you looking for? If the number of characters is too high you won't be able to find an address. The time it takes to compute such an address rises exponentially, You have always got to keep that in mind or you will end up waiting for a year to get your address. Also keep in mind that the generator may not even know if the address you are looking for is it impossible to find.

i am trying to get a 1aaaaaaaaaaa of 111111444444 or something like that. but that's probably not possible within a reasonable time frame as i have no interest in running my pc for weeks.
TheGr33k

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:49:18 AM

i am trying to get a 1aaaaaaaaaaa of 111111444444 or something like that. but that's probably not possible within a reasonable time frame as i have no interest in running my pc for weeks.
that will take more than a few weeks if you're lucky especially wallets with numbers. I have been running for 1Canary on 360 Mkeys/s and have been running it for 3 days now. Its at 80% but no success
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:21:56 AM

NEW: The example address

1xxxxxQkSqe6x1EnkG66ayMavz2cYV4zA

5JgkDpbk9ZrC42nFGhJoKj7k4w5v4b5hyWtR8dZvDKWNDUPhzam

Ha, I got totally confused by this one.  I thought you were trying to hide the address but showing the private key.  I was like "wtf, doesn't he know that the address is derivable from the private key?"

I dropped the private key into ku (https://github.com/richardkiss/pycoin) and what do I see:

Code:
Bitcoin address              : 12NugbnkyENs8iUEW5TzbzVZHAyvgY6LnS
Bitcoin address uncompressed : 1xxxxxQkSqe6x1EnkG66ayMavz2cYV4zA

Lol at me and a really fun address.  Now I'm wondering who's found the address with the most leading xs.

that is my entry with 5 x's . took less than 6 hours on my modest hardware, so i'm sure someone can top it.

1XXXXXXXx4ann4bSWeG2i3EeTnsSxad6k

touche Tongue

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:06:16 AM

that will take more than a few weeks if you're lucky especially wallets with numbers. I have been running for 1Canary on 360 Mkeys/s and have been running it for 3 days now. Its at 80% but no success

i will try to lower the amount of custom characters. hope that will give me a higher success rate i hope.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:01:43 PM

So you're the fucker that satoshi-spammed all the firstbits addresses?  Thankfully that scam died a death.

All but the few I use and the ones I posted here have never seen the light of day from the USB drive they are sitting on...... But can you link me to the satoshi-spammed firstbits addresses thread... interested what you are talking about.....

Some time in 2011-3 some fucker spammed the blockchain with huge transactions like this (this is a late example, it started in 2011):

https://blockchain.info/tx/d850e1a3d8cbf17f2176dc38136fa7741e48df5548da77b126fa89ef997daf3d

There were hundreds of these massive transactions, squatting on generated firstbits addresses.  Obviously betting on them becoming popular as a way of specifying addresses and hoping to pick up free coins sent on typos etc.  Luckily it died.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:51:18 PM

Some time in 2011-3 some fucker spammed the blockchain with huge transactions like this (this is a late example, it started in 2011):

https://blockchain.info/tx/d850e1a3d8cbf17f2176dc38136fa7741e48df5548da77b126fa89ef997daf3d

There were hundreds of these massive transactions, squatting on generated firstbits addresses.  Obviously betting on them becoming popular as a way of specifying addresses and hoping to pick up free coins sent on typos etc.  Luckily it died.

That's one longshot of a hope.  Imagine that I have a vanity address with one of those real word prefixes that this person has "squatted" on.  There's almost no chance in hell that the rest of our addresses are the same, and who types in vanity addresses by hand (there's still the long non-mnemonic part), and even if you did type it in by hand and make a typo, really long shot that your typo'd version is even valid, much less another person's address.  Finally, why would the squatting help?  If this guy has the key for some many vanity addresses, why make it public that fact?  Why not just wait till someone else sends something there and then move those funds?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:27:59 PM

If I had a business and had to give a public address to get payments I guess it would be cool to have a vanity address so people can pay there, but then this address would need to split those payments into different addresses to make it more anonymous. I wonder if this can be done.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: