Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:47:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should we continue?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2015, 06:09:36 PM)
Burn the faucet funds, reduce our market cap and continue with development (no more coins will be generated other than the 25% POS). Release source code. - 57 (57.6%)
(Assuming they want to) Collaborate with Fenghush for a method to make the faucet more secure. Closed source until the end of distribution. - 11 (11.1%)
Stay with the faucet until the end of distribution as planned. This is simply the same as a large miner would be to any other coin (VPS = hashrate). Closed source until the end of distribution. - 10 (10.1%)
Burn faucet funds, start POW for the same amount of time as distribution with a reward system that will lead to the equivalent amount of FIND being mined as was burned (community will vote again if this option is chosen). Release source code. - 11 (11.1%)
Tell everyone how to cheat, reimplement proxy into wallet, and release source code (if everyone cheats no one cheats). - 2 (2%)
Use the remaining faucet funds to add to our bounty funds. Release source code. - 5 (5.1%)
Other (please explain in the thread). - 3 (3%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote For FindCoin's Distribution  (Read 3823 times)
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:22:44 PM

also lets make a richlist and observe the issue. then burn coins. exchange can wait for now

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:44:19 PM

burn them will be fair if i didnt know that all thjose chaters already have his coins, so burn is fair but what about all of them who already cheat it?

Im not sure but maybe there is a better solution about it, maybe something like distribute the rest of coins between all of those wallets who didnt cheat, i mean before you guys discover all those fake wallets vps.
How would you like to discover someone using VPS/VPN? If that was so easy to do, I believe we would already have a valid solution in place.

this space is intentionally left blank
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:17:21 PM

burn them will be fair if i didnt know that all thjose chaters already have his coins, so burn is fair but what about all of them who already cheat it?

Im not sure but maybe there is a better solution about it, maybe something like distribute the rest of coins between all of those wallets who didnt cheat, i mean before you guys discover all those fake wallets vps.
How would you like to discover someone using VPS/VPN? If that was so easy to do, I believe we would already have a valid solution in place.

By looking up the AS name of the wallet or attacker's botnet requesting IP
Code:
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 8.8.8.8
[Querying whois.cymru.com]
[whois.cymru.com]
AS      | IP               | AS Name
15169   | 8.8.8.8          | GOOGLE - Google Inc.,US
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 176.32.98.166
[whois.cymru.com]
16509   | 176.32.98.166    | AMAZON-02 - Amazon.com, Inc.,US
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 72.52.9.107
[whois.cymru.com]
32787   | 72.52.9.107      | PROLEXIC-TECHNOLOGIES-DDOS-MITIGATION-NETWORK - Prolexic Technologies, Inc.,US
Then decide if you should credit the requesting IP by cross matching the AS name against a list of residential ISP AS names or have a list of black listed AS names for which you will deny coins.

Zeloin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:20:29 PM

If burn I lost my coins collected? It´s so many hours with an open wallet spending light.
no. burn refers to the coins yet not distributed. Guys/Gals, please read things before posting. It is all written here at the top of the page.

Thanks. I read it but it is not enough clear for me.

My vote is burn.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:45:32 PM

By looking up the AS name of the wallet or attacker's botnet requesting IP
Code:
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 8.8.8.8
[whois.cymru.com]
15169   | 8.8.8.8          | GOOGLE - Google Inc.,US
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 176.32.98.166
[whois.cymru.com]
16509   | 176.32.98.166    | AMAZON-02 - Amazon.com, Inc.,US
[root@jesus bitnodes]#  whois -h whois.cymru.com 72.52.9.107
[whois.cymru.com]
32787   | 72.52.9.107      | PROLEXIC-TECHNOLOGIES-DDOS-MITIGATION-NETWORK - Prolexic Technologies, Inc.,US
Then decide if you should credit the requesting IP by cross matching the AS name against a list of residential ISP AS names or have a list of black listed AS names for which you will deny coins.
good, but then you could reject payments to users who are on AS that you consider blacklisted or that are in the non-residential list, although they may be perfectly valid (first case quite unlikely, but second?). Would that improve our notion of fairness? Don't know, just asking the question.

this space is intentionally left blank
josemanuelsh

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:24:27 PM

I vote other...

Don't burn them, just send them to me!!!

FVc5DbV9MBUJQqMCgxLZVrJ9S3jdx3u1nC

LOL  Wink
johnbrainless

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:00:50 AM

i think the vote should just end. its pretty clear what is going to happen

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: