Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrows Be Warned!  (Read 1361 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:06:10 PM

Please take this situation as an example and learn from it! Ensure you are always in full control of any collateral you hold, it is your responsibility!

Back story: moreia's account was placed in escrow (redsn0w's service) for a 0.8BTC loan. The email wasn't changed (redsn0w believed it was a random email), which allowed someone (supposedly the actual moreia) to reset the account's password and regain control over it, prior to the loan being paid back.

Code:
Today at 07:24:47 PM - moreia - password reset via email 

but the email was something like that : sgssdsds@hotmail.com  

That's a mistake on your part redsn0w.. Whenever you escrow an account (or anything) you must ensure it is in your FULL control.

This includes entering a valid email which you control.

I mean no offence to redsn0w by this post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moreia

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:10:19 PM

This is not what happened. Delete this topic. You are spamming
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:13:50 PM

Seems like moreia could be someone other than the original account owner.

Are you still lending? Could I get .25 if I use my account as collateral?
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:16:32 PM

It could be moreia himself too. There was a suspicion that he was building up loans and the 0.8 BTC loan was supposed to be his final. He could be trying to get as much as possible now that he has received the 0.8 BTC.

How much can you lend me with my account in escrow
moreia

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:17:17 PM

How much would you give me?
Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:19:01 PM

How much would you give me?

This is beyond funny Grin

You seriously expect lenders to be so gullible?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:19:04 PM

Amazing , I didn't think it was a "real" email.  I'm really sorry for that mistake , but I've always changed the password, email and also the forum question of all accounts that I held in collateral.

Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:21:34 PM

Amazing , I didn't think it was a "real" email.  I'm really sorry for that mistake , but I've always changed the password, email and also the forum question of all accounts that I held in collateral.

I never check to see whether its real or fake, I change it anyway. One can never be too cautious.

If it makes you feel any better it did not change the outcome. The account is worth not even a fifth of the loan amount, and the only damage could have been if he could have taken more loan with the recovered account which has now been prevented.
moreia

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:27:27 PM

I think you are trying to steal my account because I did not tip you
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:29:46 PM

Amazing , I didn't think it was a "real" email.  I'm really sorry for that mistake , but I've always changed the password, email and also the forum question of all accounts that I held in collateral.

This is a DRAMA ,  are you serious or are you just kidding me?  I know it was my "mistake" because I didn't change the email  ( I thought , it was a random letters).
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

Moreia get on Skype and verify this is you and I'll take off negative trust... Sorry but you are never on at this time and I don't think its you.

erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:34:08 PM

its looks like this guy want to ruin redsn0w reputation too,
quit it scammer, u got the 0.8 btc already, stop your drama
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:42:03 PM

I thought this was escrow 101 - always make sure any collateral is 100% "in hand" before confirming that it is safe to send Bitcoin (when it comes to loans).

This is one reason I would never considering offering escrow services. If one party scams you then you are held responsible.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:47:22 PM

I thought this was escrow 101 - always make sure any collateral is 100% "in hand" before confirming that it is safe to send Bitcoin (when it comes to loans).

This is one reason I would never considering offering escrow services. If one party scams you then you are held responsible.

He had the collateral in hand, he made a mistake in not changing the email.

No harm done, nobody else got scammed except that redsn0w has to suffer some headache.
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:50:18 PM

No harm done, nobody else got scammed except that redsn0w has to suffer some headache.

Why did the person who took the loan even take back the account himself ?
It is obvious that without repayment, he will get a negative trust and would never get a loan again .
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:05:42 PM

that is not having it in hand. That is taking his word that he will not recover the account once he gets the loan
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:08:45 PM

that is not having it in hand. That is taking his word that he will not recover the account once he gets the loan

I've seen this email : sfdsfsfsfs@mail.com and I thought it was a random letters. Then I didn't change the email , but it is the first time *I've always changed it*.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:09:37 PM

He thought it was an invalid email. So in his mind he had full control of the account.
He did not take his word for it, he took the account and thought there was no way it could be recovered.
moreia

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:23:47 PM

It is obvious that without repayment, he will get a negative trust and would never get a loan again .
I am in several discussions with several people to borrow money. I can use my bot for a loan that helps win gambling sites hot wallet
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:25:01 PM

I am in several discussions with several people to borrow money. I can use my bot for a loan that helps win gambling sites hot wallet
Moreia Skype me I don't think is you. So I left negative trust till you can confirm.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: