Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] anonibet offers sure/impossible bets on euro cup soccer final round  (Read 1906 times)
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:32:04 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 09:20:30 AM by molecular

http://www.anonibet.com/sport_gam_bet_list.aspx?gm_id=107466

as one can see, the odds are 1.8 for spain and 5.3 for france for tonights game.

so I could bet 2 BTC as follows:

• 1.5 BTC on Spain (possible winning: 1.5*1.8 = 2.7 BTC
  • 0.5 BTC on France (possible winning: 0.5*5.3 = 2.65 BTC

so I either gain 0.7 or 0.65 BTC, since there is no draw in these games... a sure bet!

Can someone explain to me what's going on? Are there actually players betting on a draw (odds: 3.45) that cannot happen according to the rules of the game?

EDIT: see post below by anonibet. the bet's are decided at the end of the 90 minutes regular time (+possible injury time).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:27:19 AM

as one can see, the odds are 1.8 for spain and 5.3 for france for tonights game.

Are the odds fixed at the time you bet, or do they change based on how much wagering is occurring, and only the odds at the start of the game are what matter?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

info@anonibet.com

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

anonibet.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 08:33:31 AM

Dear member,

The rule for standart bet type(soccer) is

Standard Betting: In this type of betting which is expressed as 1x2, the aim is to predict the result of the match. 1 defines the Home Team, X defines Draw and 2 defines the Visitor team. For the matches played in neutral ground, the team whose name is written first is defined with 1 and the second team with 2. In this bet, only the score obtained at the end of the standard 90 minutes and injury time is considered. The results of the extra periods and/or penalty kicks played during elimination games are not taken into account. This bet shall be valid and closed only if the match is completed. For uncompleted matches, the betting amounts played in this type of betting are refunded.

Over time and penalty shootouts are not included. If there is no winner at 90min regular time+injury time, the "draw" option wins.

The odds are fixed at the bet time.

Kind Regards,
AnoniBet

www.anonibet.com
Totally Anonymous Account, Transfer Bitcoins safely without any fees
Soccer, Basketball, American Football, Ice Hockey, Tennis, Baseball, Motorsport, Volleyball, Boxing, Fighting Sports and more...
http://twitter.com/Anonibet
http://anonibet.blogspot.com/
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:18:09 AM

Are the odds fixed at the time you bet, or do they change based on how much wagering is occurring, and only the odds at the start of the game are what matter?

fixed at time of bet.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:19:19 AM

Dear member,

Standard Betting: In this type of betting which is expressed as 1x2, the aim is to predict the result of the match. 1 defines the Home Team, X defines Draw and 2 defines the Visitor team. For the matches played in neutral ground, the team whose name is written first is defined with 1 and the second team with 2. In this bet, only the score obtained at the end of the standard 90 minutes and injury time is considered. The results of the extra periods and/or penalty kicks played during elimination games are not taken into account. This bet shall be valid and closed only if the match is completed. For uncompleted matches, the betting amounts played in this type of betting are refunded.

Over time and penalty shootouts are not included. If there is no winner at 90min regular time+injury time, the "draw" option wins.

Kind Regards,
AnoniBet

thanks for the timely clarification.

EDIT: having thought about this, I'd really prefer you'd make a separate soccer bet type for games that can't end in draw. I'd like to be able to bet on the result of the game as it counts for the tournament. Score after 90 minutes should be special sub-bet at most.

I also think this is confusing for the betters (I might've been pissed off, my fault or not, this can cost you customers).

Please think about taking the effort to change this (it's probably because of technical cumbersomeness, right? not a conscious decision because you want it to be that way?)

crowe

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:59:00 PM

Dear member,

Kind Regards,
AnoniBet

EDIT: having thought about this, I'd really prefer you'd make a separate soccer bet type for games that can't end in draw. I'd like to be able to bet on the result of the game as it counts for the tournament. Score after 90 minutes should be special sub-bet at most.
Pretty standard for soccer or hockey or games like this for the bet to be decided in regular time only.  This is hardly unique to anonibet, its standard all over.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 08:38:44 AM

Dear member,

Kind Regards,
AnoniBet

Pretty standard for soccer or hockey or games like this for the bet to be decided in regular time only.  This is hardly unique to anonibet, its standard all over.

That's pretty stupid in my mind. I want to be able to bet on the winner as specified by the rules of the tournament. Example: maybe I want to insure against my favorite team losing? So either I can party or have made some coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: