Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ?  (Read 3296 times)
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:03:13 PM

I get why I should SELL litecoins... why do people BUY them though?!

It's possible that, with the reward drop and the rarity of Bitcoins that could occur in the next years, the price of Bitcoin goes at high level. Maybe levels too high to be a cheap and easy way to transfer money.

If Bitcoins trades at 75$ in 8 years, Litecoin could effectively become the silver of Bitcoin. Having a second currency that trades at around 1$ could be useful for cheap transactions. Especially since Litecoin is faster.

But, Litecoin is completely dependant on Bitcoin, since it's like Bitcoin but faster and cheaper. Bitcoin is currently fast enough and cheap enough, so Litecoin is not really useful at the moment.

Early Litecoin adopters could be really happy in a couple of years, but it may took a long time until then.

I really don't get it. "Having a second currency that trades at around 1$ could be useful for cheap transactions. Especially since Litecoin is faster. "
Seriously? Can you not send 0.01BTC instead of 1LTC/USD?

"the price of Bitcoin goes at high level. Maybe levels too high to be a cheap and easy way to transfer money."

So when the price of Litecoin goes up to 10USD we are going to create another currency for cheap and easy transactions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:20:01 PM

Ja¥1337, why are you acting like a cheerleader for litecoin? seeing that your account has 14 posts, and all of them are pro litecoin, i'm thinking it's a puppet account.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:17:50 PM

Ja¥1337, why are you acting like a cheerleader for litecoin? seeing that your account has 14 posts, and all of them are pro litecoin, i'm thinking it's a puppet account.

Grue,

Perhaps you are right about Ja¥1337, but I've been around for a while and I'm in support of litecoin.

What's the problem? Unlike pumping and dumping solidcoin because of its developers/bad pr/immaturity, litecoin has a chance if the community chooses it so.

If you don't want to use litecoin, no problem. No one will attack you for that.

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 01:43:51 AM

I really don't get it. "Having a second currency that trades at around 1$ could be useful for cheap transactions. Especially since Litecoin is faster. "
Seriously? Can you not send 0.01BTC instead of 1LTC/USD?

"the price of Bitcoin goes at high level. Maybe levels too high to be a cheap and easy way to transfer money."

So when the price of Litecoin goes up to 10USD we are going to create another currency for cheap and easy transactions?

Guys, I'm just trying to give a possible answer. That's currently the only outcome I can see. I mean, if you enjoy buying 0.00000042 BTC for 10$US, then there's no problem to solve. It's because the two advantages of Litecoin to Bitcoin are:
-Litecoin is cheaper
-Litecoin is faster

I'm only giving an example of a situation where Litecoin could be interesting. It's not my fault if the Litecoin advantages are not more developed than that.

The other possibility I see is that Litecoin could become the first crypto-currency to be backed on another one. Currently, it's not really interesting, but maybe in 10 years from now, the situation will be different. But hey, it's hard to predict, I mean, Bitcoin is a microscopic market right now, and Litecoin is non-existent. Those two currencies still need A LOT of development. If the LTC value is so low, it's because right now, people don't give a lot of value to the LTC advantages.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: