Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your ideal vision of regulation of the Market, how to do it?  (Read 881 times)
BitMos (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:18:51 PM

Markets, Values, Regulations? How to regulate a market?

Market Participants will always want more freedom, and of course simple, clear and easily understandable regulations (this FedEx box is mine). However some market participants will want to be able to trade things that others may no agree on. This is called an internal market confrontation. For example in toxic stuff.

Then if I have enough $ I could just buy the system agents necessary and be able to trade my toxic stuff, by making it legal. However as we are in a market, others players, may not agree with me trading toxic stuff, and could too pay system agents to ban this toxic stuff, and make it illegal. So here we have a internal market confrontation involving corrupt system agents from both side.

The next scaling step is the involvement of violence, meaning the one with the most coercive means may win. Which can be translated by the rules of the jungle. But if you prefer stealth ala obamacare, it's the same mindset...

I don't think it's a nice world to live in. Is there a solution? Parliament worldwide are the most systemic weak institution that I never seen... purposely designed? any thoughts?

money is faster...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:28:09 PM

Then if I have enough $ I could just buy the system agents necessary and be able to trade my toxic stuff, by making it legal.

In a democracy, agents will be reluctant to take your $$ and make your toxic stuff legal, primarily because of the fear of its consequences. The final power is with the people of the country and the system agents will be thrown out if their actions are perceived to be wrong.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:39:15 AM

We should be careful with regulation of markets. I completely agree that some regulation is needed, but them most efficient market (i.e, where the price of goods and services is as accurate as possible for both sides of the transaction) is one with limited interference of regulation and restriction.

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:00:17 PM

Choose your own "regulator".  Only do business with companies or individuals that have been inspected, audited, and approved by your chosen "regulator".

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Cryptlexity

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:27:18 PM

I believe that some sort of voting and trust-less consensus would work best for bitcoin regulation. We proved with bitcoin that we don't have to trust each other or reach a consensus. A regulator that we don't have to trust a single entity would be ideal.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:08:54 PM

If it's profitable then everybody will sell toxic stuff after forming a cartel. Market self regulation at work, I guess Smiley.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:53:59 PM

No regulation is the best regulation possible.
Free market rules. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: