Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:32:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Flatlined  (Read 543 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:36:49 PM

I woke up this morning and looked out my bitcoinwisdom.com window; I see a flat line where there use to be life.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:41:16 PM

Bitstamp has been attacked recently, as one of the biggest exchanges out there since MT.GOX that will likely be affecting trade, I'm personally sitting on my coins until the price goes up, all the merchants rely on third party APIs so seems a bit silly to spend them right now.
KIRAZ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:44:33 PM

Blockchain markets chart shows the same flat line .https://markets.blockchain.info
BITSTAMP SERVICE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:14:45 PM

Here is a suggestion for next time; check btcwisdom with a different exchange when you see a flatline. If you pick BTC-e instead of bitstamp you will see life.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:50:57 PM

Here is a suggestion for next time; check btcwisdom with a different exchange when you see a flatline. If you pick BTC-e instead of bitstamp you will see life.

Implying there was ever any life on BTC-e.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:21:16 AM

I noticed a bit of a sell-off before the shutdown. I've seen proof of solvency from them recently so I wont jump the gun with any internal conspiratorial ideas. Lets hope this pans out to be immature abuse of a newly implemented system; small mistakes can have huge consequences.

However, I've had some negative experiences taking things at face value recently. Would they shut-down to halt a slide?
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

Implying there was ever any life on BTC-e.
Actually there used to be over 10k people/bots there trading. So yeah there has been life on that site, even if it doesn't compare to the bigger companies I still see that as a pretty large trading organization (or used to be).

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: