Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:27:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big buyers flooding the market with bitcoins ?  (Read 4514 times)
drgr33n (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 04:54:08 PM

Over the last few days I've noticed something. There seems to be lots more bitcoins for sale and it looks like its starting to push the value down. I'm not a money person so to speak but do you think some of this has go t to do with these day traders that have bought bitcoins to make a quick profit and are now flooding the market ?

I may be totally wrong lol just wanted to hear some opinions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinsWallet

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 05:03:13 PM

Maybe, I've noticed that too.

Now, Mtgox market sells at 6.6899.... long variation in few days.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 05:08:04 PM

Around 10k Bitcoins are being mined a day, the daily volume lately has been within a 10-15k bracket, this is mainly miners selling their production while the flow of new investor is at a low.

silversurfer

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 05:23:58 PM

I wonder how much activity there has been at Dwolla this week.  Those guys sure have some good insider information.

PANIC!  FEAR!  BUBBLE!  SELL NOW!

Shocked

That which is falling should also be pushed.
tomcollins

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:07:40 PM

Around 10k Bitcoins are being mined a day, the daily volume lately has been within a 10-15k bracket, this is mainly miners selling their production while the flow of new investor is at a low.

10K coins per day at $7 each is a LOT for the market to eat up.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:33:22 PM

Ahh so a number of factors are coming into play. Yes the mining community has grown considerably over the last month. I thought at first it would push the price up due to people having less coins to sell. But didn't really consider that the total amount of coins would push the price down.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:34:42 PM

I wonder how much activity there has been at Dwolla this week.  Those guys sure have some good insider information.

Shocked

I heard bitcoin bubbles! http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/comic-reaction-after-dramatic-rise-of-bitcoin-s-value

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:36:49 PM

Shocked

I heard bitcoin bubbles! http://bitcoinweekly.com/articles/comic-reaction-after-dramatic-rise-of-bitcoin-s-value

lol Cheesy
runcible2011

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:43:04 PM

Even if the value of btc relative to the dollar drops to $1, btc is still worth more than it was last year. The point is to create a working P2P currency, yes?  Wink
sniper_sniperson

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:55:43 PM

There seems to be lots more bitcoins for sale and it looks like its starting to push the value down?

imho one of the main reasons or the one is this dark pool at mtgox. It should be closed because a lot of BTCs sold there on relatively low price per one coin VERY VERY SOON they pop-up on mainstream with 2x to 10x increase in the value. This moves the market and it's one of the bad sides of wild capitalism.
tomcollins

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:56:02 PM

Even if the value of btc relative to the dollar drops to $1, btc is still worth more than it was last year. The point is to create a working P2P currency, yes?  Wink

Who cares about last year, I bought yesterday Smiley
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:59:27 PM

there were alot of new buyers when the price was between  7 and 8.90 over the next couple weeks they will get worried and sell. the price action could get ugly.
runcible2011

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:21:48 PM

Actually, I really did buy yesterday. Good thing I'm more interested in BTC than profit. : )
tomcollins

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:23:23 PM

Actually, I really did buy yesterday. Good thing I'm more interested in BTC than profit. : )

If you like throwing money away, I'll sell you mine at $7.
runcible2011

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:41:50 PM

Find me when you want to dump them at $5. It could happen tonight.

This is where the rubber hits the road. Those who are in it for the long haul will stay in until the bitter end. The profiteers will drive the price down so that we can buy some cheap coins.
bernd

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:48:42 PM

This is where the rubber hits the road. Those who are in it for the long haul will stay in until the bitter end. The profiteers will drive the price down so that we can buy some cheap coins.

I do not see such a thing happen in the short term. It rather seems that there are no buyers for the generated BTC. Also i do believe that the BTC price was hyped due to recent media attention. Price is correcting itself right now.
tomcollins

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:53:21 PM

Interesting theory.  Not very sound, but ok.

I don't plan on dumping at $5 unless something real bad happens that would justify it.  I know I'm gambling based on there actually being a use for them.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 10:09:21 PM

I sold a bunch at 7 and am ready to buy at 5 as well. 

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 11:29:22 PM

I do not see such a thing happen in the short term. It rather seems that there are no buyers for the generated BTC. Also i do believe that the BTC price was hyped due to recent media attention. Price is correcting itself right now.
This.

7000-10000 new coins every day.  That's up to $70,000 USD that has to be put in to the market in addition to what is already there, EVERY DAY.

The price can drop to $1.00 and I'll still be profitable.  Hopefully, a bunch of the miners will drop out so it ends up being MORE profitable, but we'll see.

It could drop down to $0.10 or something ridiculous though, then all the miners leave because it's not profitable to mine anymore, then it takes 2 years to bring difficulty back down.  Just sayin.

Sell all your coinz!  Stop your mining!  The market is C R A S H I N G!
Justsomeforumuser

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 12:37:49 AM

It's just that S3052 started talking about christmas trees, and scared some buyers. Nothing to worry about long-term.

If BTC seriously cannot withstand a single forum guy (who is also basically just posting hedged bets of "market will go up unless it goes down" and now asking money for it) saying the market might go down, then there is a serious issue with the market going on..

Not sure why one would look at "analysis". The market depth order books show just how nutty expectations are spread: the buyers are placing a bucketload of bids near 1.0, the sellers at 7.0, 9.5 USD..

And while those sitting on BTC who are basically trying to "live" off of mining BTC eventually are forced to sell, those that want to buy in and are still living "normal lives" otherwise have no urgency to pay a premium.

Or: People have begun to realize there is no real worth behind BTC. Or there aren't enough news articles flooding in new suckers. Or..or..or..

Who knows. Going from 1$ to 8$ in less than a month never felt very sustainable..but let's see how whacky it still can get.

I'm just glad there are people/"speculators" who are actually interested in buying at 5$ for no reason other than wanting to buy at $5.

On the other hand: If enough buying can hold, it becomes self-sustainable again as sellers wait to see how high prices can go and those trying to get in don't want to miss the run higher or have it get too expensive..

Ah, market psychology. It's fun when the market is small enough to be this observable.

Ho-Hum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: