Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:13:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big buyers flooding the market with bitcoins ?  (Read 4514 times)
toddbethell

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 01:10:32 AM

Fake sales driving down btc price. Can use co-conspirators, or multiple accounts.  Examine the  spikes carefully, thay hardly move price and are dark to dark. Wish I'd thought of it.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Just like the US stock market, ask 100 people why the price is dropping, and you'll get 200 answers.

tomcollins

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:35:30 AM

Someone just cleared a huge order.
toddbethell

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 01:54:58 AM

Yes, now that the manipulation has been exposed.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:21:52 AM

Fake sales driving down btc price. Can use co-conspirators, or multiple accounts.  Examine the  spikes carefully, thay hardly move price and are dark to dark. Wish I'd thought of it.
Can you explain how fake sales drive the price down?
FooDSt4mP

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:28:32 AM

From TA thread:
With "Dark Pool Only" trades, you could have two accounts and sell a large quantity for a lower price than current bids to your other account.  Sure, you pay the fees on both sides, but when people see the order go through they see it as a legit trade and adjust their price expectations accordingly.

Of course it will only work a few times, but it can work because there are a lot of inexperienced traders involved with bitcoin.  As to whether this is what's going on, IDK.  I'm away from home and I've really only been on the forums and glanced at charts a few times.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2011, 03:34:14 AM

From TA thread:
With "Dark Pool Only" trades, you could have two accounts and sell a large quantity for a lower price than current bids to your other account.  Sure, you pay the fees on both sides, but when people see the order go through they see it as a legit trade and adjust their price expectations accordingly.

Of course it will only work a few times, but it can work because there are a lot of inexperienced traders involved with bitcoin.  As to whether this is what's going on, IDK.  I'm away from home and I've really only been on the forums and glanced at charts a few times.

Even supposing that people are actually going to care about last when Last: $5.50 Bid: $5.80 Ask: $5.90 you'll likely just run into other dark pool offers.

You may as well just make a thread saying "Hey guys I just sold 10,000BTC at $4.25"

No one cares. Open offers matter. Inexperienced traders don't all have 80% of their brains on the floor. Anyone who is reading into this shit is just as likely to read into it the opposite way that you are hoping.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:43:03 AM

From TA thread:

I guess I don't understand...  if there are open bids higher than the darkpool sell, why does anyone care?
FooDSt4mP

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:44:43 AM

From TA thread:

Even supposing that people are actually going to care about last when Last: $5.50 Bid: $5.80 Ask: $5.90 you'll likely just run into other dark pool offers.

You may as well just make a thread saying "Hey guys I just sold 10,000BTC at $4.25"

No one cares. Open offers matter. Inexperienced traders don't all have 80% of their brains on the floor. Anyone who is reading into this shit is just as likely to read into it the opposite way that you are hoping.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but to be clear, I'm not hoping anyone will read anything any way.  I am very minerly (pun) invested in BTC.  I'm just trying to help explain the theory toddbethell is offering up all over the place.  For all I know, he's trying to drive the price down by yelling "OMG look at how easily the price is manipulated".

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
FooDSt4mP

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 03:55:25 AM

From TA thread:

I guess I don't understand...  if there are open bids higher than the darkpool sell, why does anyone care?

Overreaction to seeing the chart drop when you hit f5.  They see a high volume move down and panic.  I agree it wouldn't be wise to fall for such manipulation, but it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable that such a thin market with so many new traders could overreact.

I don't really care though, so toddbethell will have to field the questions from here on out.  Here's one to get him started if he comes around: Do you have evidence of a large trade executing below the current bid near when the bottom dropped out?

Basiley

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

drug dealers? CIA/PLAAF operatives ? or 2-in-1 Tongue
/sarcasm
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: