Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any examples of unsuccessful college dropouts?  (Read 763 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:12:08 AM

So I'm guessing by now that everyone already knows all the college dropouts that later became billionaires. Gates, Jobs, Zuckerberg, Trump, Dell, Ellison, Branson, etc. But where are the examples of unsuccessful ones? The ones that tried to launch a business but failed spectacularly? The ones that went bankrupt? The ones that died under a bridge owing millions in debt? Google doesn't help at all. In fact, searching "unsuccessful college dropouts" just auto-corrects to "successful college dropouts" and even if you override the auto-correct, only the successful ones are shown.

The only one that I can think of which comes close is Mark Karpeles - CEO of Mt. Gox. But he never went to college so I guess he doesn't count.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:53:40 AM

There are tons. You simply never hear about them because they are nobodies.
Kind of the inverse applies to pirates of the high seas. You only know about the ones who got caught. The successful ones, in this case, remain anonymous.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:56:50 AM

Yep, pretty much, what the successful ones do demonstrate though is how wrong the stereotype could be, you can also have cases of college dropouts who while didn't become hugely successful did actually end up doing shit with their lives because they had a skillset that was in demand and so on. Probably comes from the economics I study but I honestly believe that skillsets are much more important than a degree, you can't advance civilisation with a piece of paper.

I will say though I think I read somewhere that a higher percentage of CEO's etc. were school/college dropouts which kind of blows away the idea that it's an absolute must you need to go to college/school to be successful.
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 07:52:42 AM

Me Cheesy

I left collage 6 years ago, it was too much propaganda i could not take it.

Now I have a crappy job, trying to make my fortune with BTC, hopefully succeed Smiley

I dont regret it, if i would have done it till the end, i would be probably in the same position, but also would have lost more money.

So it was a good decision.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: