Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you invest your bitcoin?  (Read 8877 times)
Frank.SD

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

SafeDice.com - 0.5% Edge - Instant Payout - Chat

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:12:14 AM

In our dice site Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrocht

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 10:04:44 PM

Most bitcoin investmenst are scam. But if you really want to lose money, you can do it with style.
I've created virtual company for Dr. Zoidberg and I need test subjects for this experiment. You only need to buy some shares, they are very cheap  Smiley

https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=colzoidy

Company description is here:
https://www.coinprism.info/asset/AX3D7g2fh3ab82vrNDEED2AZ1rkdkX2i8U

This is not regular scam. It's double scam.
Are you scared?
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:47:40 AM

I think there is long way to we reach somewhat safe and profitable bitcoin investments. For now most of bitcoin investments are ponzy schemes or scam.
printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:15:58 AM

I think there is long way to we reach somewhat safe and profitable bitcoin investments. For now most of bitcoin investments are ponzy schemes or scam.

My fund, SafeHash, has a 43.7% APY and is fully backed by cryptocurrency deposits exceeding the value of the fund. This was proven during the collapse of LTCgear when I placed a bid for over 60% of the fund's value to help some nervous nellies sell out. Usually we keep the backing in USDbitfnx and other extremely liquid cryptocurrency assets (such as CLAMS in Just-Dice) but as of late I've decided to start keeping at least 50% in actual NXT or BTC.

Recently I've been trying to make inroads to the BTC community. It would start with us taking positions in BTC community assets. But you are right -- all I have seen here are a lot of trolls and scams. If you want, I'll open a private account for you denominated in BTC. This will help you find a good place to invest, and it will also help me down the road when I try to get listed on one of the major BTC exchanges like CryptoStocks or Coinsortium. Check us out on nxtforum.org, we've been in operation for several months and our management strategy is unique across all cryptocurrency investments: we guarantee you won't lose your initial investment.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:56:58 AM

I've recently got into Bitcoin and I really like it. I can see its benefits for everyone. I use it for purchases when available, but I am also trying to find a good way to invest. I'm not interested in cloud mining. Any suggestions?

Like many others have said just buying bitcoins is an investment in itself, especially in times where big currencys like the EUR & USD may be heading down or into a deep recession/depression that might last for many years. So investing some into precious metals like Gold, Platinum, Silver, agricultural land, forrest property, electricity producing equipment like solar panels windpower, digital currencys may be a very wise move to secure your assets if the paper money of your country may loose (most of) its value in the future.

In the btcinvestment sector there is many different stock exchanges but there hasent been a high number of stocks that has been profitable to just buy & hold so what you possibly could do is do things like arbitrage between different exchanges for basically garanteed profit if done right.
Its also possible to lend out digital currency, safest would of cource be in cases where the borrower have security to offer you, one can also lend to out in unsecured loans on lending sites like btcjam witch has around 1000 activated loans per month.
Btcjam post some stat from time to time about the performance, some months ago they mentioned that the overall repayment rate was 87% and that the repayment rate for A rated borrower had been 98% during 2014.
If you would have invested evenly on all A rated borrowers loan you would have made 22-28% profit during 2014 accourding to btcjams official numbers depending on if you invested in normal BTC loans or USD tied loans. For B rated borrowers the numbers were 18,38%/4,12%, C rated 13,65%/-1,05% and so on.
Lending out btc in unsecured loans is of course risky just like any investment in the btcworld is but If your able to avoid most of the loans that dont get payed back or only gets partially payed back or your able to collect the missing payments throu collecting agencys/courtsystem in the borrowers country you could of couse do way better than those numbers to but its a learning process to get to know what loans to invest in and what loans/borrowers to avoid. If you decide to try it out i recommend that you start with a learning period of a few months where you only invest small amount and evaluate your result so you get better at screening loans before investing bigger. Something like 50%-100% yearly interest is surely possible to achieve as a lender on btcjam if your good at it.

btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:20:43 PM

How do I invest my Bitcoins?

I take my BTC and convert them to USD. Then I put them in a low-fee index fund. Done.

Seriously, don't "invest" any more than you're willing to lose and keep your standard of living. Play safe!

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:58:32 PM

I invested 2 years ago on BTCJam, 0.05 BTC. Never saw it again.

I have some negligible altcoins on cryptostocks for fun. So far so good.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 08:55:15 AM

Unwisely, apparently... Cry
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:12:51 AM

Investing in Bitcoin right now is an especially risky thing many stocks are down. ASICMiner could still be an underdog, but even they are struggling. If you don't want to risk losing your total investment, just hold your coins, really!

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 11:49:22 AM

An unfortunately expensive lesson i learned is that even if you can get 50% per year for an investment, its still better to have your coins in hand. Because if the investment goes wrong you have lost the coin. So holding instead investing is often the better investment decision.

Next thing is... never never never do investment decisions based on emotions. Its the same for trading. Its pretty much always the wrong thing. Only be rational and dont let you push because of time moving.

I think thats those are the most important things i learned expensively.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 02:28:57 PM

An unfortunately expensive lesson i learned is that even if you can get 50% per year for an investment, its still better to have your coins in hand. Because if the investment goes wrong you have lost the coin. So holding instead investing is often the better investment decision.

Next thing is... never never never do investment decisions based on emotions. Its the same for trading. Its pretty much always the wrong thing. Only be rational and dont let you push because of time moving.

Banks also do "investment" in form of loans to people. The reason that loans have a high payback 30-45% and more is because the bank knows from statistics that x% of the loans will not be paid back and they will lose it. They do a risk assessment and calculate how much % they should charge for loans so that they come out positive even if some loans remain unpaid.

Of course banks have much more experience, knowledge and data to make decision than a single individual (unless he/she works exactly with this).

As I said above, I have invested coins and lost them on the given site. However I have invested elsewhere too and made a profit there. In general I like to think that I made a profit.

So I think that if you know how to invest (e.g. not everything in one place) then investing could very well be a valid option.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 08:18:11 PM

Banks also do "investment" in form of loans to people. The reason that loans have a high payback 30-45% and more is because the bank knows from statistics that x% of the loans will not be paid back and they will lose it. They do a risk assessment and calculate how much % they should charge for loans so that they come out positive even if some loans remain unpaid.

Of course banks have much more experience, knowledge and data to make decision than a single individual (unless he/she works exactly with this).

As I said above, I have invested coins and lost them on the given site. However I have invested elsewhere too and made a profit there. In general I like to think that I made a profit.

So I think that if you know how to invest (e.g. not everything in one place) then investing could very well be a valid option.

It is of course. But even when youre very sure, Bitcoin World is a very dangerous pool. If you check the amount of securities that go wrong then its astonishing. If they dont run scammy, they get hacked or the issuer is simply inept. If you invest in a number of things in the bitcoin area then the chance of losing everything is very high. Thats why i say that not investing is often the better investment since many many sure looking investments were driven to the wall too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

I look for good ideas and especially good people. They must have a legally registered business in the U.S., a business plan that demonstrates the financial solvency of the business, and are willing to sign a contract.
I would NEVER do business with less than these factors. Without them you do not have an investment at all. You have a promise from a kid on the internet. You need the legal backing to sue them if they scam you. Only a written contract is really useful in court.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Trader Galactic LLC

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:33:57 AM

Any professional crypto trading groups out there yet?  Would be nice to see a reputable one take hold.
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:59:29 AM

In our dice site Grin

Interestingly, dice sites and other Bitcoin gambling sites proved to be one of the few occurrences with an actually reliably positive EV. Unfortunately a lot turned out to be faulty (someone broke the bank), the operators ran away with the investors' money or some other stunt. Be very careful with small and unknown sites!

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:09:15 AM

It would be nice if a large company like Coinbase crowdsourced their next investment series and allowed a decentralized way (Counterparty?) to allow for bitcoin investments. These investments could then be traded and paid interest on as a bond or dividends in a stock. It would be HUGE if coinbase was the first company to essentially sell bonds/stocks in a manner like this whether it be decentralized through counterparty or even centralized for now, a start is a start Smiley

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
HarmonLi

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:48:21 PM

How many sites are there still actually who offer securities, now Havelock is in its longest downtime so far? I do believe that they'll be back, complete with everyone's money, but that could be a nice opportunity to look left and right for alternatives! Smiley

printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:20:09 AM

I look for good ideas and especially good people. They must have a legally registered business in the U.S., a business plan that demonstrates the financial solvency of the business, and are willing to sign a contract.
I would NEVER do business with less than these factors. Without them you do not have an investment at all. You have a promise from a kid on the internet. You need the legal backing to sue them if they scam you. Only a written contract is really useful in court.

I have a federally incorporated Canadian corporation. I don't see a problem with incorporating a US corporation (if it MUST be in the US) and funding it, if you want to talk real money. We are an international real estate holding company. PM me if you're interested in some of our opportunities.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:01:01 PM

It would be nice if a large company like Coinbase crowdsourced their next investment series and allowed a decentralized way (Counterparty?) to allow for bitcoin investments. These investments could then be traded and paid interest on as a bond or dividends in a stock. It would be HUGE if coinbase was the first company to essentially sell bonds/stocks in a manner like this whether it be decentralized through counterparty or even centralized for now, a start is a start Smiley

That will never happen. They just closed funding at a $400mm valuation, the next time they raise funding will likely be through public means, on an actual exchange, I would guess NASDAQ. No real company will ever use Counterparty or NXT's exchange.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:12:50 AM

How many sites are there still actually who offer securities, now Havelock is in its longest downtime so far? I do believe that they'll be back, complete with everyone's money, but that could be a nice opportunity to look left and right for alternatives! Smiley
If you talk traditional bitcoin stockexchanges we have cryptostocks & coinsortium, then if one check under assets on coinmarketcap one can find a number of other platforms that stocks are listed on like Nxt, Counterparty, BitShares, Mastercoin (Omni) & Horizon, how those all work i dont know but i guess its described somewhere on the forum.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: